Les Chevaliers du Legion d'Honneur

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
OK, so. . . the three Yanks and the Brit are now Knights of the Legion of Honor of France.

I've picked up a lot of souvenirs in Europe, but that's a new one on me.

Somehow it makes my Oktoberfest one-liter beer stein a little less shiny.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm proud of the way that the Brit has been a lot less quiet and humble in his heroism and has seemed to shun the spotlight and the TV cameras, whereas the Yanks are only too glad to be on telly all the time telling everyone what great heroes they are for saving Earth. The former is very British and the latter are very American.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Thanks for picking up the cell phone the yank dropped. Wouldn't want the other limeys stealing it.

Your jealousy shines through again.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No, sorry, but we have to get things straight here.

The Yanks are young, fit soldiers who have probably had countless hours of training in such matters, such as how to subdue the enemy etc etc. Such things are par for the course for service personnel.

The Briton, on the other hand, is a 62-year-old consultant who has probably had no such training at all and, I daresay, isn't as strong and physically fit as a bunch of young soldiers. He's just an ordinary bloke.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

The Yanks are young, fit soldiers who have probably had countless hours of training in such matters, such as how to subdue the enemy etc etc. Such things are par for the course for service personnel.

The Briton, on the other hand, is a 62-year-old consultant who has probably had no such training at all and, I daresay, isn't as strong and physically fit as a bunch of young soldiers. He's just an ordinary bloke.
I got no problem with the Brit. He's a decent fellow who pitched in heroically and helped subdue this terrorist.

You, on the other hand, feel the need to insult the Americans.

I actually pity you.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I got no problem with the Brit. He's a decent fellow who pitched in heroically and helped subdue this terrorist.

You, on the other hand, feel the need to insult the Americans.

I actually pity you.

Just as you were insulting Britons on the airshow disaster thread on the day that probably 20 of them were killed.

As for the heroism of these individuals on the train, I have far more respect for the British guy - a 62-year-old consultant - than a bunch of young soldiers who are highly likely to be trained in all this stuff. I think the heroism of the Mr Norman is far more impressive.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just as you were insulting Britons on the airshow disaster thread on the day that probably 20 of them were killed.

As for the heroism of these individuals on the train, I have far more respect for the British guy - a 62-year-old consultant - than a bunch of young soldiers who are highly likely to be trained in all this stuff. I think the heroism of the Mr Norman is far more impressive.
Getting killed isn't praiseworthy. That's the difference.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Why don't you tell us how the Brit would have subdued the terrorist all by himself, and didn't need the Yanks' help, Blackleaf? That's your usual fantasy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

A National Guardsman, an Airman, and a college student dumbazz.

You're just all green.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why don't you tell us how the Brit would have subdued the terrorist all by himself, and didn't need the Yanks' help, Blackleaf? That's your usual fantasy.

We've already had fantasy here - constant news from the media, especially the American media, heaping praise on the "all-American heroes" who saved the world whilst the British contribution was, once again, ignored. It was me who had to point out to you in the other thread that a Brit was even involved in this, as you seemed to have forgotten.

And remember, Mr Norman is a GRANDFATHER who works as a consultant, whereas the three Americans are young fit servicemen trained in events such as this and who were, in a way, doing their job.

I'm far more impressed by Mr Norman's heroics.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

You would... your expectations are low and your embellishments are high.

We've already had fantasy here - constant news from the media, especially the American media, heaping praise on the "all-American heroes" who saved the world whilst the British contribution was, once again, ignored. It was me who had to point out to you in the other thread that a Brit was even involved in this, as you seemed to have forgotten.

And remember, Mr Norman is a GRANDFATHER who works as a consultant, whereas the three Americans are young fit servicemen trained in events such as this and who were, in a way, doing their job.

I'm far more impressed by Mr Norman's heroics.

American heroes... brit support troop. I heard he held the guys ankle.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You think taking on a man armed with an automatic rifle and a sidearm barehanded is "par for the course?"

You're a psychopath. Nah, just a liar.

You were a rustpicker, right? I guarantee you the airman had less combat training than you got in the Navy.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You would... your expectations are low and your embellishments are high.

Young fit soldiers subduing a knife-wielding terrorist.

A 64-year-old grandfather who probably had no military training whatsoever and who probably has no training on how to subdue an enemy.

I'm far more impressed by Mr Norman here, as I'm sure many people will be. It's a complete and utter no-brainer.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Young fit soldiers subduing a knife-wielding terrorist.

A 64-year-old grandfather who probably had no military training whatsoever and who probably has no training on how to subdue an enemy.

I'm far more impressed by Mr Norman here, as I'm sure many people will be.

Probably why he didn't do much and isn't saying much.