Feb 16, 2005
USA
Seven Killed in Fiery Plane Crash at British Airshow - NBC News

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I witnessed a crash about 12 years ago at a show at CFB Moose Jaw. Nasty!!! I can still feel the heat and the thud when I think about it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
According to the article, he was the "best of the best."

If that's the Briddish's best, it's probably a good thing their carriers don't have aircraft. Safer that way.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
British Media on the ball saying the aircraft was a WWII Aircraft.

Reporting at its finest.

According to the article, he was the "best of the best."

If that's the Briddish's best, it's probably a good thing their carriers don't have aircraft. Safer that way.

"He is highly professional and it is totally unusual for this too happen."

Too happen?

"He was a Harrier pilot in the air force. They are the top RAF pilots - the best of the best."

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Hawker Hunter was developed in the fifties, It looked like the pilot had time to eject but not enough altitude to complete a loop. Hard to say what went wrong in a sixty odd year old jet fighter.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
?The Hawker Hunter was morphed into the Harrier in in 1960s and there is still a family resemblance. They were deployed all over and they filled the same operational niches as the Sabre did in our air force.

Was it made of plywood?

I watched a deHaviland Venom jet (just a few years older than the Hunter that went down, today) doing aerobatics at a Warplanes Heritage airshow in Hamilton in the 1980's. It was made out of plywood as was her very similar sister, the de Haviland Vampire, which was Canada's first fighter jet.

Last edited: