In the Name of Allah, the Benevolent, the Merciful

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Pakistan Horrified by Alleged Child Sex Abuse Blackmail Ring

Aug. 10, 2015

Locals believe a blackmail gang filmed some 270 children being sexually abused

(HUSSAIN KHAN WALA, Pakistan) — In this dusty town near Pakistan’s border with India, families kept quiet for years about the blackmail gang that locals believe filmed some 270 children being sexually abused, fearful the videos could appear online or sold in markets for as little as 50 cents.

Those living in Hussain Khan Wala say the gang forced children at gunpoint to be abused or drugged them into submission. It was only after one family spoke up that others rose against the gang, with police later arresting 11 suspects.

But as Pakistan recoils in horror at the scope of the abuse, the case shows the dangers here facing poor children, many of whom work as domestic servants and face abuse at the hands of their employers. It also raises questions about how such a gang could operate for years, with some questioning Pakistan’s police and political elite.

“They destroyed me,” one victim said. “They destroyed my family. They just killed me”

The Associated Press does not identify victims of sexual abuse.

The gang likely began targeting its victims years earlier, Kasur district police chief Rai Babar Saeed told the AP. Saeed said police already confiscated some 30 videos, nearly all of which included sexual abuse of children as young as 12. The gang then used the videos to extort money from families, threatening to release them publicly and shame their children and their relatives, Saeed said.
If a family couldn’t pay, there were some cases in which a victim would be forced to find another child to be filmed being abused, said Latif Sarra, a lawyer representing some victims. He, as well as other town residents interviewed by the AP, said the gang filmed at least 270 children being abused. Saeed said he didn’t know of that many children being involved.

Pakistan Horrified by Alleged Child Sex Abuse Blackmail Ring

What with this and Boko Haram's dating technique, Islam is starting to look like a UT frat house.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Blast in busy Baghdad market kills at least 60

By Loveday Morris and Mustafa Salim August 13 at 11:10 AM

BAGHDAD — A refrigerated truck packed with explosives detonated in a busy market Thursday, killing at least 60 people in an attack claimed by the Islamic State and marking one of the bloodiest strikes in Baghdad since the militants’ rise last year.
The blast struck the sprawling Jamila market in the Shiite neighborhood of Sadr City while it was packed with early-morning traders buying wholesale supplies for their stores.
The neighborhood in northeastern Baghdad is a frequent target for bombings by the Sunni-led Islamic State, which is battling Shiite militias and government forces.
But Thursday’s blast was one of the worst in the capital since the militants took control of large swaths of the country last summer, and the deadliest in Baghdad in nearly two years.
The force of the blast ripped off the metal shelters over stalls in the covered market. Video showed rescuers rushing bodies out of the smoldering wreckage.

In its assertion of responsibility, the Islamic State described Sadr City as one of the “strongholds” of the Shiite militias it is fighting, and it warned of more attacks to follow.
“What is coming is worse and more bitter,” the group said. It claimed that nearly 90 people were killed and 200 injured, but offered no additional backing to support the figures.
The Islamic State also asserted it carried out a suicide car bombing Monday in Baquba, about 40 miles northeast of Baghdad, that killed more than 30 people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0f03e1-4be9-4792-b268-508c1403c049_story.html

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh in a country governed by the religion of peace has flaws.
Wasn't there founder the proud husband of a six year old?
Authorities must have known something at some level but
it will be put behind them as soon as headlines die down.
It also demonstrates the flaw in a religious society that
repressed that shame would triumph or justice and the
society would not react at any level to counter these thugs

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Not all Muslims blame the victims!!!!! Religion is a tool used by people to better understand the world around them.... It's the individual(s) who practice their religion that need to change...

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Just because someone is born into another religion/culture than ours doesn't mean they're devoid of common sense and compassion towards their fellow human. If we held the standard we have to them onto ourselves we will find that we are both equally barbaric, even though are atrocities are different

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just because someone is born into another religion/culture than ours doesn't mean they're devoid of common sense and compassion towards their fellow human. If we held the standard we have to them onto ourselves we will find that we are both equally barbaric, even though are atrocities are different
Not even that different.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Who's saying that islam is being held to a different standard?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You clearly haven't been around when I was teeing off on the Christers for their violence, hatred, warfare, child abuse, and hypocrisy in the name of a god who commanded them to love.

Badge of honor T? You seem to feel the need to bring that up quite often as of late.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Badge of honor T? You seem to feel the need to bring that up quite often as of late.
Just as often as somebody whines about me pointing out the "flaws" of Islam and not the "flaws" of Christianity.

Just like I used to bring up my responses to Magoo when butthurt whiners would bellyache about how I allegedly attacked Christians but never Muslims.

Religion is bullsh*t wishful thinking. All religion. I've said it many times. But that doesn't stop the dullards from pissing and moaning "How come you're so hard on Religion X and not on Religion Y?" When in point of fact I'll point and laugh at any true believer.

Hope that finally made it clear to folks on the back half of the random-distribution curve.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You just invented a new word....even google doesn't have it.......
Your search - secularphobists - did not match any documents.
Suggestions:

• Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords.