Are the traits of bullies more a facade than reality?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Bullies I hate, been subjected to the ritual of I am the greatest and I never liked it.
The big difference is most don't fight back and they allow the thug to continue to
grow his self esteem. Me on the other hand always fought back and rarely lost.
Over time as a kid I fought many battles when put upon I was a big kid and there
are times it makes you a target. I tried to avoid it but my father taught me sooner
or later you have to stand and fight and when you do inflict as much damage as
possible it sends a message.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Bullies I hate, been subjected to the ritual of I am the greatest and I never liked it.
The big difference is most don't fight back and they allow the thug to continue to
Over time as a kid I fought many battles when put upon I was a big kid and there
are times it makes you a target. I tried to avoid it but my father taught me sooner
or later you have to stand and fight and when you do inflict as much damage as
possible it sends a message.

Yep, my dad taught me it's important to get in the first two punches. Too bad I wasn't a little nimbler and not so much of a runt! :)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

They wont let you fight back anymore. If a kid is caught doing that now they wind up in just as much trouble as the bully. The administrations generally ignore the bullying now too. Or thats how it was 10-20 years ago when I was in school. From what I've read things haven't improved in that department.

I didnt really get to fight and win back then but in the end im doing better than them. Most of them are now working dead end jobs or are in jail. Two of them are dead. So in the end by comparison I did alright.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They wont let you fight back anymore. If a kid is caught doing that now they wind up in just as much trouble as the bully. The administrations generally ignore the bullying now too. Or thats how it was 10-20 years ago when I was in school. From what I've read things haven't improved in that department.

I didnt really get to fight and win back then but in the end im doing better than them. Most of them are now working dead end jobs or are in jail. Two of them are dead. So in the end by comparison I did alright.

My philosophy (being small and slow) was to avoid a fight whenever possible (even if you are called chicken) but I had a few where I had no choice and won more often than I lost just through sheer determination. I got strapped in grade 6 along with the perpetrator who was bigger than me. He was sitting on my chest while beating on me, so I upped with my boot and kicked him in the back of the head, about the time the school patrols broke it up. Since I had blood all over me I thought, that was the end of my punishment. Vice principal told me to get cleaned up and report to the office. I got a severe strapping. Huge mistake kicking him in the back of the head. :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
See CDNBear
hehehe.......he just playing you......like a cat with a mouse

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yes bullies have high self-esteem all right and they universally think that sunshine eminates from their arseholes. There is a current psychobabble trend out there that tells us bullies suffer from low self-esteem and that they will cease being bullies if we empathise with them more.

Bollocks.

Most of them are borderline psychopaths who have no time at all for the concept of empathy.

Bollocks