Bobbi Kristina Brown Dies Aged 22

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Bobbi Kristina Brown Dies Aged 22

The Houston family says "she is finally at peace in the arms of God" after being found unresponsive in a bathtub in January.

Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of late singer Whitney Houston, has died at the age of 22.

A statement posted on Whitney Houston's official Facebook page said: "It is hard to say goodbye.

"On Sunday, July 26, Bobbi Kristina Brown made her transition peacefully. The family thanks everyone for their loving thoughts and prayers.

"As Bobbi Kristina would say: 'The wind is behind me and the sun is in my face.'"

Kristen Foster, a representative for the Houston family, added: "She is finally at peace in the arms of God.

"We want to again thank everyone for their tremendous amount of love and support during these last few months."

Ms Brown was discovered unresponsive in a bathtub by her husband Nick Gordon and a friend in Georgia on 31 January - with a police report describing it as a "drowning".

After spending months in a medically induced coma, she was moved to hospice care in June, with her Pat Houston writing: "Despite the great medical care at numerous facilities, Bobbi Kristina Brown's condition has continued to deteriorate."

She was being treated at the Peachtree Christian Hospice in Duluth, Georgia.

In February 2012, her mother Whitney Houston died aged 48 from accidental drowning in a bathtub at a hotel in Beverly Hills, California.

Authorities said years of cocaine abuse and heart disease played a key role in Houston's death.

Bobbi Kristina, born in 1993, was her only child.

source: Bobbi Kristina Brown Dies Aged 22

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Administrator of Bobbi Kristina Brown's estate adds wrongful death to lawsuit against partner
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, August 07, 2015 06:44 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, August 07, 2015 06:49 PM EDT
ATLANTA -- The administrator of Bobbi Kristina Brown's estate has added a wrongful death count to the lawsuit against her partner.
The amended lawsuit filed Friday also accuses Nick Gordon of giving her a "toxic cocktail" and putting her face-down in water.
The 22-year-old daughter of Whitney Houston died in hospice care July 26, about six months after she was found face-down and unresponsive in a bathtub in her suburban Atlanta townhome Jan. 31.
Gordon hasn't been charged criminally. It was not immediately clear Friday who his lawyer is.
An initial autopsy found no obvious cause of death and the medical examiner's office said it would likely take several weeks to rule on a manner and cause of death.
The district attorney has said they will review the investigative file.
Administrator of Bobbi Kristina Brown's estate adds wrongful death to lawsuit ag

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Ummmmmm.

Exactly what is her claim to fame to deserve all of this attention?

I'd never heard of her before she went into a coma.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
You can be gifted with a voice but that does not guarantee a brain that works properly. You can be just an ordinary kid but still be raised to be just as useless as mom or dad.
The world is full of these situations, who fuking cares?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Daughter of Whitney.

Yes I have figured that but why does she deserve all of this tweeny type media attention?

And as I know of the name Whitney Houston and that type of music is shall I say torturous to listen to.

I've never been water boarded but if someone wanted to get info from me all they would have to do is put that type of music on and I would squeal like a pig.

But that's just me..........

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Nick Gordon held responsible in Bobbi Kristina Brown's death, judge rules
WENN.COM
First posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 03:36 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, September 16, 2016 03:46 PM EDT
Bobbi Kristina Brown’s boyfriend Nick Gordon has been found “legally responsible” for her death after failing to show up to court to fight the civil lawsuit.
Gordon was sued by Brown’s court-appointed co-conservator, Bedelia Hargrove, following the 22-year-old’s death in July, 2015. Bobbi’s father, Bobby Brown, also joined the lawsuit as a plaintiff in May.
In the legal papers, Gordon was accused of giving Whitney Houston’s only child a “toxic cocktail” of substances which rendered her unconscious on the night of 31 January, 2015, when the aspiring singer and actress was found unresponsive and face down in a bathtub at the Georgia home she shared with Gordon.
She was subsequently placed in a medically-induced coma and spent almost six months fighting for her life.
According to People.com, Gordon missed two court dates in the legal battle and on Friday, Fulton County Superior Court Judge T. Jackson Bedford ruled the allegations made by the plaintiffs against Gordon have been “admitted through omission”. The judge will now determine how much the tragic 22-year-old’s estate will be awarded. Executors reportedly asked for $50 million.
“In court today, we finally finished a long journey for justice for Bobbi Kristina Brown,” Brown’s estate attorney R. David Ware said in a press conference after the hearing.
“The court agrees with us, by striking Mr. Gordon’s answer that he is legally responsible for her death. The only thing left to prove is the value of her life. We intend to do that.”
In a statement issued to UsMagazine.com, Bobby Brown added: “I am pleased with the outcome of today’s court proceedings. All I ever wanted was answers relating to who and what caused my daughter’s death.
“Today’s judgment tells me it was Nick Gordon. Now I need to process all the emotions I have and lean on God to get me and my family through this.”
No criminal charges have been brought against Gordon for Brown’s death, but an investigation is still reportedly ongoing.
“This won’t change anything in the criminal case,” a source explained to People.com. “Generally speaking, it tends to be the other way around: a criminal conviction is used in a civil case. Obviously, if he had taken the stand in a civil case, we could have used what he said. But that’s not what happened here. The case is still ongoing, but there are no new updates at this time.”
Gordon has denied the lawsuit allegations in the past.
“We have repeatedly said that Nick Gordon is innocent of any wrongdoing,” Gordon’s former attorney Jose Baez said in June (16). “He has not been charged with any crime. Enough is enough; let’s end this baseless speculation.”
Nick Gordon held responsible in Bobbi Kristina Brown's death, judge rules | Cele

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Judge awards damages of $36M in Bobbi Kristina death case
The Associated Press
First posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 08:01 PM EST | Updated: Friday, November 18, 2016 01:05 AM EST
ATLANTA — A judge in Atlanta on Thursday ordered Bobbi Kristina Brown’s partner, Nick Gordon, to pay $36 million in a wrongful death case, her estate’s lawyers said.
Brown, the daughter of singers Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, was found face-down and unresponsive in a bathtub in her suburban Atlanta townhome in January 2015. Gordon, who also lived there, and a friend were listed on the police report as being in the home when investigators arrived there.
The wrongful death suit said other people were there when Brown was initially found unresponsive. She was in a coma for six months before dying in hospice care at age 22 on July 26, 2015. Her death was similar to the way her mother died and drew worldwide headlines and the frenzied attention of the tabloids.
Whitney Houston’s body was found face-down in a foot of water in her bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel just before the 2012 Grammy Awards. Authorities found prescription drugs in the suite and evidence of heart disease and cocaine in Houston’s body and determined her death was an accidental drowning.
Fulton County Superior Court Judge T. Jackson Bedford ruled in September that Gordon repeatedly failed to meet court deadlines in the civil suit. His order said that means the conservator of her estate wins by default.
Bedford on Thursday awarded damages of $36,250,000, the estate’s lawyers said in an emailed statement.
“There was an urgent need, in my mind, to get justice for Bobbi Kristina Brown and that’s why I took the case. We intend to pursue, with all vigour, the full collection of the judgment,” attorney David Ware said in the statement. “We hope that in some small way this will allow Krissy’s family to continue their quest for peace.”
Bobby Brown and his daughter, LaPrincia Brown, Bobbi Kristina Brown’s half-sister, were among the witnesses who testified at Thursday’s hearing.
The young woman’s family blamed Gordon, accusing him in the lawsuit of giving Brown a “toxic cocktail” before putting her face-down in the water. Gordon, an orphan three years older whom Houston had raised as her own, has not been charged with a crime. Brown had referred to Gordon as her husband.
Gordon wasn’t in court Thursday and did not have an attorney in the civil case, but his criminal defence attorneys, Joe Habachy and Jose Baez, had said in August 2015 that the allegations were baseless.
A former lawyer for Gordon said in a statement late Thursday that the court based its decision on only one side of the case.
“Had Mr. Gordon been present to give his side, who knows what the award, if any, would’ve been,” Randy Kessler said.
Investigators with the medical examiner’s office were unable to determine exactly how Brown had died. An autopsy showed she had morphine, cocaine, alcohol and prescription drugs in her body. But the medical examiner couldn’t determine if she killed herself, if someone else killed her or if her death was accidental.
Dontaye Carter, a spokesman for Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard, said in an email Thursday that Brown’s death is still under investigation.
Brown grew up in the shadow of her famous parents. She appeared with them in 2005 on the Bravo reality show “Being Bobby Brown” and attended award shows with her mother and father.
Houston and Bobby Brown were married 15 years before their relationship ended in 2007. Bobbi Kristina was their only child together.
In August 2015, family and friends gathered at a cemetery in New Jersey and buried Bobbi Kristina Brown next to her mother.
Judge awards damages of $36M in Bobbi Kristina death case | Celebrities | Entert