IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think a Taser would have been sufficient. Minimum force to neutralize. But then again, you BCers got all wacko when they tazed a guy at an airport so maybe its just as easy to shoot him.

We didn't actually get all wacko, within 25 seconds of the cops arriving on the scene a foreigner who couldn't speak or understand English was dead because four cops were concerned for their lives because the guy was armed with a stapler. I don't think it's been divulged to this day if there were actually staples in the stapler. Maybe us wachos in B.C. just don't like to be bull sh*tted to.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
..and the Taxpayers win!!

The lesson learned, don't bring a knife to a gunfight. :lol:

I have one question for sure, he was "brandishing a knife", but the burning question is was he brandishing it in the proximity of another person? That statement works both ways, if the guy was threatening the cop with a gun you don't f**k around you shoot for centre of mass and expedite the guy. But I think if he is brandishing a knife and is close enough to be a threat, you take out a knee cap.

I think there is a good possibility the taxpayers will lose. I'd bet before this case is finished a good $100 grand of taxpayers money will be pissed down the drain.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Here's an Idea.....to save money....Hang the cops without an investigation...just ask JLM if he feels they are guilty or not......:roll:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Here's an Idea.....to save money....Hang the cops without an investigation...just ask JLM if he feels they are guilty or not......:roll:

Didn't I make it plain in the O.P. that I'd like an investigation (pronto like so we are not waiting 7 years for an official answer) There's a chance the cop is completely innocent, but it still calls for an investigation done by an unbiased third party. Why is it, Sleepy, that you need every f**king thing explained to you? Is there an oxygen shortage in the air around Kapiskasing? :) :) :) :)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The article says that this idiot was threatening security staff with a knife. Further, I'm guessing that he wasn't shot in the back whilst surrendering to the police.

As for knee-capping the guy, that is entirely unrealistic unless the taxpayers demand that all police be former Hollywood actors that have experience in shooting the weapon outta the villain's hand

There is no investigation needed here.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The article says that this idiot was threatening security staff with a knife. Further, I'm guessing that he wasn't shot in the back whilst surrendering to the police.

As for knee-capping the guy, that is entirely unrealistic unless the taxpayers demand that all police be former Hollywood actors that have experience in shooting the weapon outta the villain's hand

There is no investigation needed here.

You feel an investigation is unnecessary when a life was taken?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The police already have policy and practice in place to review these events as is.... Initiating an additional review by a competent 3rd party every time that some violence related event occurs is cumbersome, time consuming and expensive.

BC taxpayers are already getting taxed into the grave, do you really need more unnecessary costs?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We didn't actually get all wacko, within 25 seconds of the cops arriving on the scene a foreigner who couldn't speak or understand English was dead because four cops were concerned for their lives because the guy was armed with a stapler. I don't think it's been divulged to this day if there were actually staples in the stapler. Maybe us wachos in B.C. just don't like to be bull sh*tted to.

So if somebody is coming at you with a stapler you are somehow supposed to know it had staples in it? In that case, he was agitated and threatening cops, tazing was a reasonable application of force. His death by the tazer was unfortunate but not expected. It only became an issue after it got wrung through the 'criminals should be allowed to do whatever without being touched by cops' crowd.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Didn't I make it plain in the O.P. that I'd like an investigation (pronto like so we are not waiting 7 years for an official answer) There's a chance the cop is completely innocent, but it still calls for an investigation done by an unbiased third party. Why is it, Sleepy, that you need every f**king thing explained to you? Is there an oxygen shortage in the air around Kapiskasing? :) :) :) :)
You forget already what you wrote a few minutes before?
You feel an investigation is unnecessary when a life was taken?
No you do!
I have one question for sure, he was "brandishing a knife", but the burning question is was he brandishing it in the proximity of another person? That statement works both ways, if the guy was threatening the cop with a gun you don't f**k around you shoot for centre of mass and expedite the guy. But I think if he is brandishing a knife and is close enough to be a threat, you take out a knee cap.

I think there is a good possibility the taxpayers will lose. I'd bet before this case is finished a good $100 grand of taxpayers money will be pissed down the drain.
And further more Shooting kneecaps:roll:....you believe all you see in the movies...you should go to a pistol range some day....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The police already have policy and practice in place to review these events as is.... Initiating an additional review by a competent 3rd party every time that some violence related event occurs is cumbersome, time consuming and expensive.

BC taxpayers are already getting taxed into the grave, do you really need more unnecessary costs?

How much money are we going to have to pay for supporting his dependents?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So if somebody is coming at you with a stapler you are somehow supposed to know it had staples in it? In that case, he was agitated and threatening cops, tazing was a reasonable application of force. His death by the tazer was unfortunate but not expected. It only became an issue after it got wrung through the 'criminals should be allowed to do whatever without being touched by cops' crowd.
I never heard that he was "coming at" anyone. The fact he was dead in under a minute tells me the cops never even bothered to look for an interpreter so they could talk to the guy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I never heard that he was "coming at" anyone. The fact he was dead in under a minute tells me the cops never even bothered to look for an interpreter so they could talk to the guy.

So in addition to making sure the stapler is empty, they should be looking for interpreters while they are being attacked?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So in addition to making sure the stapler is empty, they should be looking for interpreters while they are being attacked?

I'm not aware of any suggestion they were being attacked.

Why would we pay any? If he was legitimately threatening an officer, there is no liability on the police for his estate.

So what do we do for his kids (if any)? Let them starve?