Senators want no-visit list to bar 'ideological radicals' from Canada

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

A Senate committee is calling on the federal government to outlaw membership in a terrorist group.

The Senate security and defence committee also recommends creation of a "wanted terrorist" list and a no-visit list of "ideological radicals" who would be prohibited from entering Canada.

These are among 25 recommendations in the committee's interim report flowing from hearings on security threats facing Canada.

The report examines terrorist recruitment, operations, financing, prosecutions and other aspects of what it calls genuine threats to the Canadian way of life.

The report represents the views of the Conservative majority on the committee, but lacks the backing of Liberal members.

source: Senators want no-visit list to bar 'ideological radicals' from Canada - Politics - CBC News

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You are a hundred times more likely to be killed by a deer or in a drive by shooting than a terrorist. The Cons are desperately trying to scare Canadians into voting them back into power.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Personally, I think it's a great idea.. bar the nut bars, Canada already has enough living in the backwoods of this country. :lol:

You are a hundred times more likely to be killed by a deer or in a drive by shooting than a terrorist. The Cons are desperately trying to scare Canadians into voting them back into power.

Yup same thing said by the folks going to work on 9/11 in the twin towers in NYC.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Currently. But from the sounds coming from the hate/terrorist camps, they're just waiting, biding time, and growing. Maybe sometime soon being killed by a deer will be a blessing.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Sounds like a good idea!!

Deer have natural predators, so we gotta stay with the Laws of Nature and provide the terrorists with equal predators!!

Sounds like a good idea!!

Deer have natural predators, so we gotta stay with the Laws of Nature and provide the terrorists with equal predators!!

Only the terrorists have to worry about this. It has no effect on most of us

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

A Senate committee is calling on the federal government to outlaw membership in a terrorist group.

The Senate security and defence committee also recommends creation of a "wanted terrorist" list and a no-visit list of "ideological radicals" who would be prohibited from entering Canada.

These are among 25 recommendations in the committee's interim report flowing from hearings on security threats facing Canada.

The report examines terrorist recruitment, operations, financing, prosecutions and other aspects of what it calls genuine threats to the Canadian way of life.

The report represents the views of the Conservative majority on the committee, but lacks the backing of Liberal members.

source: Senators want no-visit list to bar 'ideological radicals' from Canada - Politics - CBC News
How does one define "membership" in a terrorist group? Do they issue cards? Teach you the secret handshake? Send you the decoder ring?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Will this be based on the presumption of innocence, something the Magna Carta, the UDHR, and so many other documents enshrine and that many westerners pay lip service to as a "western value"? Or maybe I misunderstood? It's meant a value that applies only to Westerners?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm trying to remember a dangerous Canadian radical and I'm coming up empty.

...Ezra Levant and Naomi Klein could be banned.

Scratch Ezra.Ideologically,he's pure Yank. Really should move there.

OHHH! YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO BAN THE ENTRY OF MUSLIMS?!

I get it now.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
OHHH! YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO BAN THE ENTRY OF MUSLIMS?!
Actually now that mention it, sounds like a good idea to me. Almost all terrorist threats on Canadians come from Muslims and since its Muslims from Muslim countries have issued threats against Canada, this would make Canada a safer country. I'm all for a safe country.

I also note that Muslims are the most expensive immigrant group that immigrate to Canada. Who needs that anyways??

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What did Donald Chump say?

We should build a fence on Canada's Southern Border and have The United States pay for it. :lol:

While crossing over the Niagara river in an Amtrac train from Rochester to Oakville years ago, I told my newly arrived British tourist train-mates that the Royal Engineers had dug the gorge to keep the Americans out. It looks man-made downstream from the Falls and they bought it for a time ... quite proudly, I would say because it was clearly a major feat of engineering.