Baby's body found in river after father attempts suicide: Cops

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Baby's body found in river after father attempts suicide: Cops
REUTERS
First posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 12:13 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 12:20 AM EDT
Connecticut police said on Tuesday they had found the body of a 7-month-old boy they believe may have been tossed into a river by his father, who had tried to kill himself at the same time.
Middletown police responded to a report of a body found in the river near East Haddam, Connecticut, around 8 p.m., the department said in a statement. Detectives and Connecticut State Police confirmed the body was that of Aaden Moreno, who had been missing since early Monday.
Police believe the baby's father, Tony Moreno, 22, was holding the child, or had flung him into the water, as he attempted suicide early Monday by jumping off the Arrigoni Bridge in Middletown. Moreno was in critical condition on Tuesday, officials said.
He was expected to face criminal charges, police said.
Moreno's family called police on Monday to report that Moreno was threatening to commit suicide and that he had the baby with him, police said.
Two officers arrived in time to see Moreno jump off the 120-foot bridge but did not see the baby. The father was rescued and airlifted to Hartford Hospital, police said.
Court records made available Tuesday show that Moreno had recently been accused of threatening the child and the child's mother, Adrianne Oyola.
Oyola said in a June restraining order application that Moreno had struck her and told her that he could make the baby "disappear."
Authorities search the Connecticut River near the Arrigoni Bridge for a missing child, Monday, July 6, 2015, in Middletown, Conn. Police issued an alert Monday for 7-month-old Aaden Moreno, who may have been with his father when the man jumped from the Arrigoni Bridge Sunday night. (Lauren Schneiderman/The Hartford Courant via AP

Baby's body found in river after father attempts suicide: Cops | World | News |

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Stunning how the parents so often seem to survive these murder-suicide attempts. This douchebag doesn't deserve the life he has been blessed with.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
it's just incomprehensible story's like these. So many thought's come to mind and they just become a blur and you're left at a loss to say anything. I'm thankful every day that my babies were safe in this world.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
...and yet, its ok to bomb babies
no one seems to get too upset about that

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
he can sneak across the open border into mexico any time he likes
Im sure the obomba armed cartels will give him a job
he has the personality for it