Nobody Dies From This Stuff Anymore

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Unvaccinated boy dies of diphtheria in Spain, country's first case in 29 years

MADRID -- Officials say a six-year-old boy who had been the first child to contract diphtheria in Spain in 29 years has died from the disease in a Barcelona hospital.
Bianca Pont, spokeswoman for the Vall d'Hebron university hospital, said in a statement that the patient, who had been admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit on May 30, died in the early hours of Saturday.
It was the first case of this infectious disease to be diagnosed in the northeastern region of Catalonia for 32 years and the first in Spain since 1986.
The boy had been a resident of Olot -- a small city north of Barcelona and near the border with France -- who had not been vaccinated against the disease because his parents had opted against inoculation.

Unvaccinated boy dies of diphtheria in Spain, country's first case in 29 years | CTV News

had not been vaccinated against the disease because his parents had opted against inoculation.
Think they might be regretting this decision now?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think a lot of infectious diseases are also coming back because they have become drug resistant, because we had overused antibiotics too.

That's a very different thing from choosing not to inoculate against a specific disease but yes, a lot of ordinary infections are becoming antibiotic resistant.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Liberals don't want their kids vaccinated.
I'll have to disagree with you there. Though many left leaning types opt not to, I have seen far more extreme right wingers opting out for all sorts of crazy reasons.

People that lean to the left oft choose nt to because of health concerns, all of which are generally bogus. But the right wing types opt out over tracking devices in the injections, autism, can cause homosexuality, and the list goes on.

It's not just a left wing phenomenon.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'll have to disagree with you there. Though many left leaning types opt not to, I have seen far more extreme right wingers opting out for all sorts of crazy reasons.

People that lean to the left oft choose nt to because of health concerns, all of which are generally bogus. But the right wing types opt out over tracking devices in the injections, autism, can cause homosexuality, and the list goes on.

It's not just a left wing phenomenon.
Link to support your post.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
OK, I'll bite, why did my post stating the parents are now being sued for not vaccinating their kids get moved to a derailed thread?

When the measles hit the USA, the Schools and Parents were sued. Anti-vaccers!!

Endangering the Herd

The case for suing parents who don't vaccinate their kids—or criminally charging them.

(intellectual replies only please)