Duffy struggling on $120 K salary

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
because of all of the money his buddies were making "using" him to pull in people and funds

he is not in this alone...he flew all over hell and gone for fund raisers...now he is their fall guy

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So when the time comes how is your institutionalization going to be paid?

It is possible to remove income tax and have government income on consumption tax (maybe a 20-25% GST). Personally, I favour just a fair flat rate % tax on income (lets say 20%) on every dollar from the first to the 20,000,000th. No deductions for anybody.

I have little doubt that he has far more tax dodges than you or me! :)

Do you not have RRSPs or RIFs? Those are the biggest tax dodges there are. But if he has some, and they are legal, why are you complaining? Why aren't you taking advantage of them?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It is possible to remove income tax and have government income on consumption tax (maybe a 20-25% GST). Personally, I favour just a fair flat rate % tax on income (lets say 20%) on every dollar from the first to the 20,000,000th. No deductions for anybody.

That might be a little tough for the guy whose annual income is $5000.

Do you not have RRSPs or RIFs? Those are the biggest tax dodges there are. But if he has some, and they are legal, why are you complaining? Why aren't you taking advantage of them?

There is a damn good reason why those are tax dodges. If not for them a lot of people might be on the public t-it. Besides they not really a tax dodge, more like a tax deferral as we pay the tax when we withdraw them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As fair as being expected to live on $5000. I would assume at that level some level of social assistance should be available (also taxable).

So that would entail hiring two more bureaucraps- one to dole it out and another to claw it back. :) (I know I can be cruel)