Russia getting ready to Invade Canada!!!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Russia getting ready to Invade Canada!!! No but...

Photos show Russian aircraft flying over HMCS Fredericton

Russian aircraft were spotted flying over HMCS Fredericton earlier this week as the Canadian warship participated in NATO military exercises.

One photo clearly shows the Russians photographing the Canadian ship as they fly over in a helicopter on Monday.

The ship’s captain said the fly-over does not represent an escalation or a provocation and the Canadians were expecting to see the Russians.

On Tuesday, two Russian frigates were spotted from HMCS Fredericton while Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Defence Minister Jason Kenney were on board.

The ship has been participating in annual NATO military exercises in the Baltic Sea.

(An Su-24 FENCER flying near HMCS Fredricton on June 8, 2015.)

source: Photos show Russian aircraft flying over HMCS Fredericton | CTV News

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's probably in worse shape than a half century old Sea King.

Did you know that the Russians have only ever fought one sea battle in steel ships ... 110 years ago against the Japanese and the Russians were utterly defeated and their fleet was sent to the bottom in short order?

I can only guess at the quality of the Russian Navy but my guess is that it is big, rusty and mediocre.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I don't think the Russians are coming any time soon don't worry about it.
Besides Harper is providing comic relief being so bullish verbally attacking
Putim. Harper wouldn't last ten seconds in the ring with him

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Perhaps Harper can challenge Putin to a debate and use that as the base for why he is the best we can throw at Russia.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Russia getting ready to Invade Canada!!! No but...

Photos show Russian aircraft flying over HMCS Fredericton

Russian aircraft were spotted flying over HMCS Fredericton earlier this week as the Canadian warship participated in NATO military exercises.

One photo clearly shows the Russians photographing the Canadian ship as they fly over in a helicopter on Monday.

The ship’s captain said the fly-over does not represent an escalation or a provocation and the Canadians were expecting to see the Russians.

On Tuesday, two Russian frigates were spotted from HMCS Fredericton while Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Defence Minister Jason Kenney were on board.

The ship has been participating in annual NATO military exercises in the Baltic Sea.

(An Su-24 FENCER flying near HMCS Fredricton on June 8, 2015.)

source: Photos show Russian aircraft flying over HMCS Fredericton | CTV News

They'd have to get past Sarah Palin on the way over and she'd probably drop them all without having to reload more that twice! :) :)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
she was too busy shooting innocent game from her helicopter

The chances of getting a "clean kill" or a killing shot off from a moving helicopter is close to nil.
That adds to the cruelty of chasng a frightened beast with a scary-noisy machine before wounding it with a series of pot shots and having it die slowly in terror.
That's not the way of a hunter. That's the way of a puerile yahoo.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
The chances of getting a "clean kill" or a killing shot off from a moving helicopter is close to nil.
That adds to the cruelty of chasng a frightened beast with a scary-noisy machine before wounding it with a series of pot shots and having it die slowly in terror.
That's not the way of a hunter. That's the way of a puerile yahoo.

While visiting friends in Texas I got to watch one of those helicopter hunters go after feral hogs and they get killing shots on relatively small game from a fast mover with no problem at all.

Pest control versus hunting.......you're right as rain about supposedly big game hunters using aircraft and helicopters as a shooting platform being of a lower life form though.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Thank
While visiting friends in Texas I got to watch one of those helicopter hunters go after feral hogs and they get killing shots on relatively small game from a fast mover with no problem at all.

Pest control versus hunting.......you're right as rain about supposedly big game hunters using aircraft and helicopters as a shooting platform being of a lower life form though.

I'm sure that no one gives a hoot if they don't get a clean shot on a feral hog. If Sarah Palin had that level of professional skill, she'd be Annie feckin' Oakley and you can bet that she is not.

I used to shoot competitively (rifles), I'm quite a good shot ... might have been good enough to be a sniper had my brain been wired that way and I have some knowledge of the skill level required for a shot through the heart from a moving anything and it is VERY high.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
And that is relevant......how?
On, Sarah Palin and her dingbat Russian thing is the connection to this divergence.
I was also in the Navy, once. Is that more relevant?

I didn't know that you were policing the internet this morning, Sir.

You are clearly more upstanding than I.