Taxpayers deserve answers about CBC's partnership with Al Jazeera

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

81% of respondents to an Al Jazeera Arabic poll approve of the Muslim terrorist group ISIS. The sympathetic CBC documentary on Omar Khadr was MADE IN COLLABERATION with Al Jazeera.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZsoMwa44c

The public broadcaster was pretty open about its partnerhip with the Toronto Star to put out this film, but they left out any reference to Al Jazeera on the CBC website.

Why did CBC collaborate with them anyway?

Al Jazeera is the go-to propaganda station when Muslim terrorists want to send a message to the world. It's owned by the OPEC dictatorship Qatar.

Should a Canadian crown corporation that's propped up by over $1-billion in taxpayer dollars each year be doing business with an outlet like that?

We deserve to know the details of this deal.

What were the conditions for Al Jazeera's cooperation? Did they get editorial control over the finished product, for instance?

The CBC owes it to Canadians to tell us.

source: Omar Khadr documentary: Taxpayers deserve answers about CBC's partnership with Al Jazeera - The Rebel

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
What is this, like the fifth time Ezra's tried to catch the evil CBC from his mother's basement?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What a load of crap. The CBC can work with whoever it likes as long as there is a
story to be told from more than one angle. Omar Kohdr was a kid in a war zone it
does not make him evil it makes him a survivor to some degree.
You cannot charge someone with murder in a war zone great propaganda but no
cigar. Had this been on the street in Mayberry USA it would be different.

At the same time it comes down to hearing two sides to a story and I have not been
influenced by ICIS the opposite is true in their case. People have to know who they
are fighting. Taxpayer money has nothing to do with partnerships in news and documentaries
that is semantic nonsense. Imagine we are going to only talk to friends in war.
Its news people. Yes many Arabs are in favor of ISIS and many are not most are not truth
be known. If you isolate Arab Moderates its not helpful look at Cuba they didn't give in either
most still support the Cuban revolution as well.
Making it a taxpayer thing demonstrates how simplistic some are in the real world

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

81% of respondents to an Al Jazeera Arabic poll approve of the Muslim terrorist group ISIS. The sympathetic CBC documentary on Omar Khadr was MADE IN COLLABERATION with Al Jazeera.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZsoMwa44c

The public broadcaster was pretty open about its partnerhip with the Toronto Star to put out this film, but they left out any reference to Al Jazeera on the CBC website.

Why did CBC collaborate with them anyway?

Al Jazeera is the go-to propaganda station when Muslim terrorists want to send a message to the world. It's owned by the OPEC dictatorship Qatar.

Should a Canadian crown corporation that's propped up by over $1-billion in taxpayer dollars each year be doing business with an outlet like that?

We deserve to know the details of this deal.

What were the conditions for Al Jazeera's cooperation? Did they get editorial control over the finished product, for instance?

The CBC owes it to Canadians to tell us.

source: Omar Khadr documentary: Taxpayers deserve answers about CBC's partnership with Al Jazeera - The Rebel

I don't understand. Are you holding AL Jazeera responsible for the results of a poll? What? Is the CBS supposed to ask AL Jazeera to bring the poll percentage down a bit?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I don't understand. Are you holding AL Jazeera responsible for the results of a poll? What? Is the CBS supposed to ask AL Jazeera to bring the poll percentage down a bit?

It's a new article.. how would I personally be holding AL Jazeera responsible for the results of a poll? Wasn't my poll.

I will always stand behind my past statement; "The only Good Muslim is a..."