Toronto man convicted of four counts of first-degree murder

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Could be Canada's first 100 year sentence. Not like he would live long enough to serve it.

Toronto man convicted of four counts of first-degree murder - The Globe and Mail
A Toronto man faces a life prison sentence after being convicted on Saturday of four counts of first-degree murder in the slayings of four men.

Mark Moore’s lawyer Peter Bawden confirms a jury found his client guilty of all four counts.

Various media reports say the four men were killed in three separate incidents between June and November of 2010 — reportedly the same two guns were used in the shootings.

Moore was charged with the slayings of Jahmeel Spence, 27, Courthney Facey, 18, Mike James, 23, and Carl Cole, 45.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Canada needs to bring back the rope.. scaffolding and a rope is not that expensive.

Canadians taxpayers dished out an average of $113,974 to lodge an inmate in a federal prison per year.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Like a true Liberal, it's okay when it's not your money..

You pay for his stay, we will see how quickly you change your mind.

Study after study after study has already proven that the DP costs tax payers more than keeping a man in prison for life.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

You pay for his stay, we will see how quickly you change your mind.

No, again you speak from an age and mindset where some things you do not yet recognize as right.
Time will tell.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Could be Canada's first 100 year sentence. Not like he would live long enough to serve it.

I do find it a bit odd when courts sentence people to a specific number of years that is much longer than the convict could live. Hear a lot about that in the states. Why not just say life rather than 100, 200 or 243 years? Nit picky I know but it is an odd practice.

You think people who arent conservatives dont pay taxes?

By design more than necessity!

Necessity if you want to do everything possible to ensure you have the right person before killing them. Far too many innocent people wind up on death row. Scrap the appeals and you guarantee innocent people will die. Some people wind up spending decades on death row before being cleared.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Canada needs to bring back the rope.. scaffolding and a rope is not that expensive.

Canadians taxpayers dished out an average of $113,974 to lodge an inmate in a federal prison per year.

Until we can come up with a perfect legal system which can never make a mistake I cant support that. Given its humans who design the system I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. If they kill the wrong person it puts blood on all of our hands. I dont consider that worth the risk.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Life sentence is cheaper than death sentence.

I really hate when people cite US statistics.. Canada is not the United States..

Most of the time they include court costs, which and do not include the overall care for the next 25 to 40 years..

I'm pretty sure I could build that scaffolding and get a rope for a little under $50,000 Canadian from HomeDepot.

Only because they get endless appeals on our dime.

US Justice system again..