India warns ISIS could get nukes from Pakistan

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
India warns ISIS could get nukes from Pakistan

India is concerned that Islamic State militants (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) could get their hands on a nuclear weapon from its regional foe and fellow nuclear power Pakistan.

Indian Defense Minister Rao Inderjit voiced the concerns at the sidelines of the Shangri-La regional security conference in Singapore on Saturday.

"With the rise of ISIS in West Asia, one is afraid to an extent that perhaps they might get access to a nuclear arsenal from states like Pakistan,” he said, as cited by Bloomberg.

Earlier this month, IS said in its propaganda magazine Dabiq it could obtain a nuke from “states like Pakistan.”

"The Islamic State has billions of dollars in the bank, so they call on their wilāyah [official] in Pakistan to purchase a nuclear device through weapons dealers with links to corrupt officials in the region," the article read.

Although even the article says the scenario is “far-fetched” and political analysts regard the possibility as unlikely.

Pakistan as well as India rank poorly in terms of nuclear security. According to the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) nuclear materials security index, out of 25 countries Pakistan comes 22nd while India is 23rd.

Terrorism, the majority driven by Islamic extremism, has killed more than 55,000 people in Pakistan since 2001, which has given rise to concerns about the security of its nuclear arsenal.

Pakistan is also one of the few countries that is increasing its nuclear arsenal. US think tank the Council on Foreign Relations believes it has 100-120 warheads compared to India’s 90-100 and is developing a nuclear submarine capable of carrying nuclear missiles.

The Pakistani nuclear program began in the early 1970s in response to India developing its own atomic weapons, and in 1998 they successfully tested five nuclear devices becoming the seventh nuclear power in the world.

source: http://rt.com/news/263681-isis-get-nukes-pakistan/

source #2: Nukes within a year? ISIS magazine boasts they can be bought in Pakistan ? RT News

Go for it.. it would be open season on every Muslim around the world if they used them.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It is probably a ploy to get Israel to lower their price. (might as well throw in Bahrain as the holding area as well)

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, the USA or Canada if they could with a dirty bomb.

What do you expect from a Radicalized Nut Bar. Thank God for C-51 they can monitor websites like this one now for sympathizer of Muslim Terrorists, track them and bag them. (We will miss you MHz)

If ISIS attacks Washington, DC I would be ok with it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think there are other groups who have a better chance of getting them. Pakistan is far from the most secure nuclear power. This has been a danger for quite some time.

We can thanks Lawrence of Arabia and the British for all this..

Iraq will be divided by 3, as it was in the past.

It's all going back what the Middle East used to look like pre-Lawrence of Arabia.

Creating Chaos: Lawrence of Arabia and the 1916 Arab Revolt

Good. They could have saved the region a lot of trouble by just minding their own business 100 years ago.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The good news is that the Pakistanis are likely so lackadasical, sloppy and corrupt about the maintenance of their nuclear weapons that maybe, most of them don't work. No doubt, they did when they were new but that place is famous for letting things "run down" (like a highway in Montreal)

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Meanwhile..........

Pigeon 'arrested' in India on suspicion of being used to spy for Pakistan

A pigeon suspected of being a “spy” for the Pakistani authorities has been detained in India after it landed in a village close to the countries’ border.

A 14-year-old boy said he became suspicious of the bird when he saw a stamped message in Urdu on the bird’s tail feathers, according to the Times of India.

The memo on the pigeon read: “Tehsil Shakargarh, district Narowal” along with a string of numbers.

The pigeon had landed on the home of Ramesh Chandra, a local barber, on Wednesday evening in Manwal village, which is 4km from the border with Pakistan.

The son of the barber took the bird to the nearest policeman. “Unfortunately, mobile phones rarely work in the border areas,” Chandra said, adding: “My son ran to the nearest police post.”

The pigeon was found on a day when an inter-state meeting on security was being held among officials from the Punjab police and the Indian army as well as officials from Kathua and Jammu districts.

However, this is not the first time that a bird has been caught in the middle of an international dispute. In 2008, Iranian authorities arrested two pigeons accused of spying on a nuclear facility, while a stork was detained in Egypt two years ago after being spotted with a mysterious device attached to its feathers.

Earlier this year, Islamic State militants reportedly captured at least 15 pigeon breeders in Iraq. Three of those held by the group in the eastern province of Diyala were reportedly killed, according to a security official.

more

'Suspected spy' pigeon becomes jailbird after flight over Pakistan-India border | World news | The Guardian

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Not cool.. an attack on the USA or Canada anywhere is an attack on everyone in that country...

No one overseas is my enemy. All of my enemies are American leftists who have the same intentions toward me as the Spartans had for the Helots. I feel no sense of kinship with American leftists. I simply have no tolerance for my enemies.