Beau Biden Dies of Brain Cancer (Joe Biden's Son)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Beau Biden Dies of Brain Cancer

Beau Biden, the son of Vice President Joe Biden, has died of brain cancer, the family said tonight. He was 46.

"It is with broken hearts that Hallie, Hunter, Ashley, Jill and I announce the passing of our husband, brother and son, Beau, after he battled brain cancer with the same integrity, courage and strength he demonstrated every day of his life," the vice president said.

"The entire Biden family is saddened beyond words. We know that Beau's spirit will live on in all of us -- especially through his brave wife, Hallie, and two remarkable children, Natalie and Hunter," he added.

Beau Biden, who had been considering a run for governor in Delaware, was undergoing treatment at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

"Beau's life was defined by service to others. As a young lawyer, he worked to establish the rule of law in war-torn Kosovo. A major in the Delaware National Guard, he was an Iraq War veteran and was awarded the Bronze Star. As Delaware's Attorney General, he fought for the powerless and made it his mission to protect children from abuse," the vice president said.

"More than his professional accomplishments, Beau measured himself as a husband, father, son and brother. His absolute honor made him a role model for our family. Beau embodied my father's saying that a parent knows success when his child turns out better than he did," Biden said.

"In the words of the Biden family: Beau Biden was, quite simply, the finest man any of us have ever known," he sai

President Obama said he and first lady Michelle were also grieving Biden's death.

"Beau took after Joe. He studied the law, like his dad, even choosing the same law school," Obama said. "He chased a life of public service, like his dad, serving in Iraq and as Delaware's Attorney General. Like his dad, Beau was a good, big-hearted, devoutly Catholic and deeply faithful man, who made a difference in the lives of all he touched -- and he lives on in their hearts.

Beau Biden, the eldest of Joe Biden's sons, sought medical treatment at a Houston cancer center in 2013 after feeling "weak and disoriented." At the time, the vice president and White House refused to discuss his condition, but doctors later said Biden had undergone surgery to remove a small lesion from his brain. He also suffered a mild stroke in 2010.

After the surgery he underwent a normal course of treatment of radiation and chemotherapy, and was given a clean bill of health by his doctor in November 2013.

This spring, however, Biden suffered a recurrence and immediately sought aggressive treatment. He was admitted to Walter Reed earlier this month.

Beau Biden formerly served as attorney general of Delaware. He is survived by his wife Hallie and children Natalie and Hunter.

In 1973, he and his brother Hunter survived a car accident that took the lives of his mother, Neilia, and younger sister Naomi.

source: Beau Biden Dies of Brain Cancer, Family Says - ABC News

Death is the last chapter in time, but the first chapter in eternity. Rest in Peace Beau

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
RIP the bolded words shouldn't be on the same page, just sayin, . . .
Beau's life was defined by service to others. As a young lawyer,

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Death sucks. Is cancer of the brain genetic? Sort of like Hillary's aneurism, . . . . The suddenness means there was no long battle as his health dwindled away. This was as fast as a small plane crash. You would have figured it about the same by now wouldn't you boomer?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Just a note: I only cheer the death of figurative lawyers. I don't actually want to see anybody dead.
Me either, my question was, 'Can brain cancer sneak up on you like this one seems to have?' HTF do you turn that into wishing somebody was dead?

For MegaButtHurtz, it's typical behaviour, being the guy fought in Iraq against the Muzzies.
Don't you mean barber shop in Calgary? (or are you prone to flash-back every now and then?)

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I was not aware of the following.........

Warning: This article contains graphic depictions of sexual abuse.

Beau Biden prosecuted one of the worst pedophiles in American history

In 2010, just five years before his death this weekend, the time was never better for Beau Biden to make a run for the U.S. Senate. He was performing well as Delaware’s attorney general; his father, Joe Biden, had left Capitol Hill in 2008 to join President Obama in the White House; a family friend had been keeping the seat warm for the young man.

But Biden declined.

“I have a duty to fulfill as attorney general, and the immediate need to focus on a case of great consequence,” Biden, then 40, said in a statement at the time. “And that is what I must do … Therefore I cannot and will not run for the United States Senate.”

But “the case of great consequence” Biden stuck around to prosecute involved Earl Bradley — a pediatrician who perpetrated what some called “one of the worst cases of child sexual abuse” by sexually assaulting dozens, if not hundreds, of his young patients.

The numbers were staggering. More than 1,400 patients filed claims against Bradley, who was convicted in 2011 of raping or abusing 86 patients over 11 years. The average age of the victims was just three years old, and one alleged victim was just three months old.

more

Beau Biden prosecuted one of the worst pedophiles in American history - The Washington Post

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not the best prosecution if an appeal is possible, let alone the grounds.

The appeal also claims Earl B. Bradley, who had hired high-profile criminal lawyer Eugene J. Maurer Jr. after his December 2009 arrest, was denied his constitutional "right to a counsel of his choosing" when Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden's office seized his assets, including bank accounts, days after he was charged.

Authorities had searched buildings at his Lewes, Del.-area medical complex not specified in a warrant.
Doctor who molested nearly 100 patients files new appeal