'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix May 29th

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix May 29th

An anti-Muslim activist is planning a "Draw Muhammad" cartoon contest and rally Friday at a Phoenix mosque.

The event is being dubbed a "Freedom of Speech Rally" and comes three weeks after a similar event in Garland, TX., that prompted violence by two alleged ISIS sympathizers who attended the mosque.

The president of the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix said he has been notified by Phoenix police and the FBI about the event. Usama Shami said he respects the protesters' right to free speech.

"Everybody has a right to be a bigot. Everybody has a right to be a racist. Everybody has a right to be an idiot," Shami said. He added that members of the mosque have been encouraged to attend prayer services Friday evening as scheduled.

"It will be the same as every Friday evening and we're going to tell our members what we've told them before: not to engage them," said Shami. "They're not looking for an intellectual conversation. They're looking to stir up controversy and we're not going to be a part of it."

The organizer of the event, Jon Ritzheimer, has held two protests in Phoenix since the Texas shootings. The chants and slogans at the protests are brash and hateful. Some supporters wear t-shirts that state, "(expletive) Islam." Ritzheimer says he is using provocative methods to draw attention to a religion he believes at its core promotes violence.

"I want this to be about pushing out the truth about Islam," said Jon Ritzheimer. "I've read the Koran three times... the ones flying the planes into the tower, those are Muslims following the book as it is written."

A Facebook page dedicated to the event, titled "Freedom of Speech Rally Round II," states: "This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ… Everyone is encouraged to bring American flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen."

Phoenix roommates Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi drove to Texas and shot a security guard during the May 3 "Draw Muhammad" contest there. Police shot and killed the two men.

Simpson and Soofi attended the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix until 2010 and, according to mosque leaders, never expressed extremist or violent views while attending during that time.

The Facebook announcement for the rally also encourages participants to "utilize their second amendment right at this event just in case our first amendment right comes under the much anticipated attack."

As of Wednesday afternoon, the website showed 131 people confirming their attendance.

One Facebook post on the page states, "Death to Islam! No coexistence!" Another comment states, "I am proud to be part of this rally and will continue to be a part of it until we have the freedom that all our vets and current military fight for!!! This is my way of joining their efforts!"

Phoenix police declined to comment about security measures for the protest.

Muslims consider images of the Prophet Muhammad offensive for various reasons. They compare drawn depictions of the religious figure to how Christians might view the burning of a cross.

source: 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I think that Muslims should join them! They should draw Muhammad too.

Realizing that drawing people they know of the same name takes away from the provoking BS these idiots are trying to do.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think that Muslims should join them! They should draw Muhammad too.

Realizing that drawing people they know of the same name takes away from the provoking BS these idiots are trying to do.

That would be refreshing actually.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
O God look at your servants they Insult to others beliefs in the name of " free speech " ,,, they attack to other countries in the name of " Fight against terrorism " ,,, they do everything they want in the name of " human rights " ,,, they make movies and cartoons from your prophets , the prophet name is not Important all of them are equal , when they insult them actually they Insult you ,,, Faith is dead and Evil is born ... instead of discussion they insult , just poor and weak persons do that. they've drowned in their world . O God they play with their Puppets sometimes they in Texas sometimes in Iraq sometimes in Yemen ... O God guide them and their Puppets

Matthew 7/1-5

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye

4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matthew 7 /12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'm sure FoxNews, CNN and all the other news stations feel the same..

More like CBS, ABC and especially NBC and it's bastard child MSNBC.

Matthew 7 /12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets
I want the Mohammedans to draw pictures of Jesus.