Guns seized at Canada-U.S. border crossing in southern Alberta

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Guns seized at Canada-U.S. border crossing in southern Alberta

Border agents seized two undeclared guns that were being brought into Canada at the Carway border crossing on Highway 2 earlier this month.

A 24-year-old man from Oregon had already declared one gun on May 3 when Canada Border Services Agency officers took him aside for further examination.

A search of the man's truck turned up a 9-mm pistol and a restricted .22 calibre revolver that were hidden under a mattress in a trailer.

The man was charged under the Customs Act with smuggling and making false statements. He also faces a Criminal Code charge of unauthorized importing of a firearm.

He is set to appear in Lethbridge provincial court on July 8.

This was the first gun-related enforcement issue so far this year at the Carway crossing, which is southern Alberta's second busiest.

source: Guns seized at Canada-U.S. border crossing in southern Alberta - Calgary - CBC News

Holly Smokes, Great Job Customs guys, you stopped 2 guns out of the 1000 you have missed.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Time for the underground gun dealers in Cowtown to start putting up billboards on the US side of the border. I'm also thinking the guns were spotted long before the 'walk outside' took place.

I think I remember my cousin got his *** in the wringer in the same fashion a few years back.

sorry guess that word's a no no
Considering signs in Alberta tend to look like this the Yanks might want to clue in that weapons are quite common in Alberta. You even get a permit that allows you to shoot more than a sign. 4x4 and gallons of whiskey are 'expenses' with said tag.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Barron looking place wherever it is. Looks like high desert to me.

Has to be, I fukked up, Nevada is not part of the four corners..

Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. I was thinking Southern Utah, not Nevada.

Highway 191.

North of Vegas, could be.. they have lots of Open Range in Northern Nevada..

We have some open range in Alberta..

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Has to be, I fukked up, Nevada is not part of the four corners..

Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. I was thinking Southern Utah, not Nevada.

Highway 191.

North of Vegas, could be.. they have lots of Open Range in Northern Nevada..

We have some open range in Alberta..
I've been through four corners. Doesn't look familiar for there. Maybe I-10 around Lordsburg or Demming New Mexico kinda looks like that.

Ugly wherever it is I like trees.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Yeah Midland Odessa and Big Spring are lovely. Especially Big Spring where the sulpher smell of the oil refineries stifles the snoot. Like driving through a big fart. Nothin better.

Nice place to live if you enjoy boiled eggs.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yeah Midland Odessa and Big Spring are lovely. Especially Big Spring where the sulpher smell of the oil refineries stifles the snoot. Like driving through a big fart. Nothin better.

Nice place to live if you enjoy boiled eggs.

That's where my land is Big Spring. (err was, I sold it.)

Pulled Cotton out of that area, all the way up to Lubbock.

It's only a small section of the Interstate where you smell that, next to the Fina refinery.

Comanche Trail Park

(sorry about my finger in the pic)

They have a new Pilot Truck Stop there now.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
That's where my land is Big Spring. (err was, I sold it.)

Pulled Cotton out of that area, all the way up to Lubbock.

It's only a small section of the Interstate where you smell that, next to the Fina refinery.

Comanche Trail Park

(sorry about my finger in the pic)

They have a new Pilot Truck Stop there now.
yeah that stretch between Abilene and Van horn is one of my least favorite drives I've ever had to endure.

Pecos is lovely though.:(.

The home of Pecos bill.:).

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Well for all the Sherlocks out there I picked it because it looked a bit like southern Alberta, say around Milk River or 'them there parts'