Prince Harry mobbed by fans in Australia... and receives a marriage proposal

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If there was a competition to find Britain's/Canada's/Australia's most likeable royal, surely British soldier Prince Harry would win it hands down.

This is the moment a cheeky blonde asked 30-year-old Prince Harry to marry her and ended up locking lips with the blushing royal.

Victoria McRae, 21, was dressed in a sequined Australian flag mini dress and tiara as she asked the fifth in line to the throne to marry her outside the Sydney Opera House on Thursday.

But when he politely said he would have to get back to her, she asked for a kiss instead.

'He let me kiss him on the cheek but then I went in for it. The rest was history,' Ms McRae said. 'It was amazing, it's meant to be, there's a lot of chemistry there I'd say.

'I said I'd proposed twice before, that it was my third time lucky, and my sign said last chance so I said - have a think about it.

'I kissed the (New South Wales) premier (Mike Baird) too but I didn't know who he was. They had to tell me that. Harry was better to kiss and I got Harry's lips, I only kissed the premier on the cheek.'

The prince - who is known as Captain Wales in the army - also had a touching moment with elderly Daphne Dunne who was wearing her WWII veteran husband's Victoria Cross Medal.

Prince Harry arrived at the Sydney Opera House to greet thousands of fans on Thursday morning as his month-long Australian military deployment comes to a close.

Wearing army fatigues and a black beret, the fifth in line to the throne disembarked from a boat at the Opera House just after 12:30pm and spent time talking, shaking hands and having his photo taken with fans.

He then travelled to Sydney's Macquarie University Hospital to visit British solider Ali Spearing who is being fitted with prosthetics after losing both legs while on deployment in Afghanistan in 2011.

'Can I think about it?' What Prince Harry told cheeky blonde Victoria, 21, when she asked him to marry her... and stole MUCH more than a kiss on the cheek from the blushing royal

Prince Harry arrived at the Sydney Opera House where hundreds of fans gathered to meet him on Thursday

Victoria McRae, 21, asked Prince Harry to marry her and ended up locking lips with the blushing royal

Hundreds flocked to greet Prince Harry as his month-long Australian military deployment comes to a close

He was wearing army fatigues and a black beret after taking part in a military exercise on Sydney Harbour

Captain Wales said he only expected 10 people to visit at the Opera House and was overwhelmed by response

He then visited British officer Ali Spearing at a Sydney hospital who is here being fitted with prosthetics

By Sarah Michael and Emily Crane for Daily Mail Australia
7 May 2015
Daily Mail

This is the moment a cheeky blonde asked Prince Harry to marry her and ended up locking lips with the blushing royal.

Victoria McRae, 21, was dressed in a sequined Australian flag mini dress and tiara as she asked the fifth in line to the throne to marry her outside the Sydney Opera House on Thursday.

But when he politely said he would have to get back to her, she asked for a kiss instead.

'He let me kiss him on the cheek but then I went in for it. The rest was history,' Ms McRae said. 'It was amazing, it's meant to be, there's a lot of chemistry there I'd say.

'I said I'd proposed twice before, that it was my third time lucky, and my sign said last chance so I said - have a think about it.

'I kissed the (New South Wales) premier (Mike Baird) too but I didn't know who he was. They had to tell me that. Harry was better to kiss and I got Harry's lips, I only kissed the premier on the cheek.'

Prince Harry arrived at the Sydney Opera House to greet thousands of fans on Thursday morning as his month-long Australian military deployment comes to a close.

'I thought we were going to turn up and there would be 10 people there, so it's a wonderful opportunity for me to say thank you to them... they have made me feel so at home here,' Prince Harry told reporters.

'It's going to be hard to leave - I don't want to go home, I want to stay here.'

Asked about the kiss with Ms McRae, Prince Harry cheekily replied: 'I got more than one kiss'.

Prince Harry got more than he bargained for when he agreed to kiss Victoria McRae on the cheek outside the Sydney Opera House

Watch the video of the moment the young woman managed to get a sneaky kiss on Prince Harry's lips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W0e_d_RuxCI

The 21-year-old asked Prince Harry to marry her but opted for a kiss instead - she chose to seize the moment and planted a kiss on the blushing Royal's lips as other fans glared at her enviously (far left)

Ms McRae left the young royal blushing after planting a kiss on his lips in front of hundreds of onlookers

The Sydney university student left Prince Harry blushing after she locked lips with the fifth in line to the throne

Captain Wales paused to think about whether he should accept Victoria McRae's proposal before telling her he'd think about it

This was Prince Harry's reaction after Victoria McRae cheekily asked the fifth in line to the throne to marry her

Victoria McRae, 21, was decked out in a sequined dress with the Australian flag on it as she vied for Prince Harry's attention

Wearing army fatigues and a black beret, the fifth in line to the throne disembarked from a boat at the Opera House just after 12:30pm and spent time talking, shaking hands and having his photo taken with fans.

He then travelled to Sydney's Macquarie University Hospital to visit British solider Ali Spearing who is being fitted with prosthetics after losing both legs while on deployment in Afghanistan in 2011.

'The surgery went really, really well …. He is over the moon and thrilled to bits to be up and walking on a new set of legs,' he said.

Prince Harry told reporters at the hospital he was looking forward to meeting his new niece Princess Charlotte and said: 'I've been given a lot of cuddly toys from this morning' to give to her.

He also joked about the media keeping the public up to date on his eating habits this past week after he was photographed ordering hamburgers and pork rolls from local eateries.

Harry casually chatted and mingled with the excited crowd at the Opera House

New South Wales Premier Mike Baird takes a happy snap of Harry with two lucky fans

That charming smile won over everyone who turned up to catch a glimpse of the prince

The prince headed to Sydney's Macquarie University Hospital to visit British solider Ali Spearing who is being fitted with prosthetics after losing both legs while on deployment in Afghanistan in 2011

Harry spent some time with Lt Spearing and said: 'He is over the moon and thrilled to bits to be up and walking on a new set of legs'

He spent several minutes speaking to Daphne Dunne who was wearing her WWII veteran husband's Victoria Cross medal

Harry leaned in when he talked to a specially designated section of the crowd at the steps of the Opera House

During his visit to the Opera House, Harry stopped and talked to a group of young students from St Mary's South Public School, who had gathered excitedly to meet the Prince.

He chatted to the awestruck schoolchildren and told jokes, even calling for one young female teacher to come down for a hug - much to the delight of her students.

The relaxed-looking prince then moved to greet waiting fans, stopping to chat and shaking plenty of hands. Along with Ms McRae's 'Marry me Harry' message, 'His Royal Hotness' and 'Gingers Rule' were held up by fans hoping for their chance to meet the prince.

He good-naturedly refused a hug from royal fan Megan Santamaria, 22, from the Five Dock suburb of Sydney. ' I'd have to hug everybody!' he said. Walking past the press pen, he joked 'I'm not going to shake your hands!.'

Elizabeth Stanley, 18, from the Pennant Hills region of Sydney asked Harry for a selfie but he refused. 'No I don't do selfies' he told her.

She then asked if her friend could take a photo of them both, and he happily obliged. 'Maybe you can photoshop me in!' he said.

Prince Harry took the time to chat to young children in the crowd who had been waiting hours for him to arrive

He spent a considerable amount of time speaking with older members of the public after greeting the crowd

The Prince leaned in close to speak to a shy boy in his mother's arms as he worked his way along the crowd of hundreds

Victoria McRae and her daughter Emma spoke to Prince Harry for quite some time - with the 21-year-old even managing to steal a kiss

Hundreds of Prince Harry's fans gathered at the Sydney Opera House on Thursday to greet the Royal as his month-long Australian military deployment comes to a close

Harry shares a laugh with an overjoyed woman

It wasn't just the ladies that wanted to get in on the Harry action - the blokes were just as keen for a few seconds with prince

Harry spoke to a woman carrying a book about his late mother Princess Diana who was among the first to arrive at the Opera House

Captain Wales applies a bandage to Lieutenant Gerard Hinchliffe during an exercise in the Australian outback

Prince Harry (pictured in Darwin last month) will meet and greet public in Sydney as his month-long deployment with the Australian Defence Forces comes to an end

Prince Harry kissed by cheeky blonde Victoria McRae at Sydney Opera House | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If there was a competition to find Britain's/Canada's/Australia's most likeable royal, surely British soldier Prince Harry would win it hands down.

This is the moment a cheeky blonde asked 30-year-old Prince Harry to marry her and ended up locking lips with the blushing royal.

Shoulda tried blowing him.