Blue Lives Matter!! Cop dies where's the outrage??

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
New York police officer dies after being shot in head

So where is the outrage when somebody shoots and kills a cop, somebody that serves the community.

But when a THUG with a criminal history get's killed, there are riots.

NEW YORK, May 4 (Reuters) - A New York City plainclothes police officer shot in the head over the weekend as he tried to question a local man sought on gun charges died on Monday, police and City Hall officials said.

Officer Brian Moore, 25, was shot on Saturday evening as he and his partner were seated in an unmarked car in a middle-class residential neighborhood of Queens.

He is the first New York City officer killed in the line of duty since two uniformed officers were ambushed in December.

Moore had been hospitalized in critical condition but died on Monday, the New York Police Department and a City Hall official said.

Moore and his partner had been trying to question Demetrius Blackwell, 35, who has an extensive criminal background, after they saw him seeming to adjust an object in his waistband, police said during a weekend news conference.

Blackwell pulled out a gun and fired several times into the vehicle, police said.

He was arrested, charged with first-degree attempted murder, assault and other counts and ordered held without bail. Those charges are likely to be upgraded.

Moore, who came from a family of police officers, joined the force in July 2010, according to Mayor Bill de Blasio. He lived in the suburban Long Island town of Massapequa.

Uniformed officers who lined up outside the hospital in Queens saluted as Moore's body was taken out in an ambulance.

"The people of this great city should take pause this afternoon just to recognize the life of a brave young man who took an oath 4-1/2 years ago to keep the people of this city safe," said Police Chief of Department James O'Neill, who worked with Moore's father on the police force.

"That's what he was doing when he was brutally murdered just a few short days ago," O'Neill said.

The mayor in a statement expressed his sympathies.

"Our hearts are heavy today," he said. "Brian served with distinction and he put his life on the line each day to keep us all safe."

Unlike the shooting in Brooklyn just days before Christmas of Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu, who were targeted for their uniforms, Moore was in plainclothes and in an unmarked car, authorities said.

Police said Blackwell was wanted on outstanding charges, including grand larceny, criminal possession of a weapon and menacing. His arrests included two for assaulting police officers, the Daily News reported.

Two New York plainclothes officers were shot while responding to an armed robbery in the Bronx in January and survived their injuries.

source: New York police officer dies after being shot in head

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Boomster missed the fact that Blackwell has been charged and is being held without bail.

The Freddy Gray killers were suspended with pay, and even now that they've been charged, are out on bail.

It's these subtle things like "letting killer cops walk" that slip past Boomster's intellect. He hasn't noticed that there haven't been any riots since Freddie Gray's killers were charged.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Boomster missed the fact that Blackwell has been charged and is being held without bail.

The Freddy Gray killers were suspended with pay, and even now that they've been charged, are out on bail.

It's these subtle things like "letting killer cops walk" that slip past Boomster's intellect. He hasn't noticed that there haven't been any riots since Freddie Gray's killers were charged.

Well it's obvious what slips T-Bones intellect, the rule of law and Innocent Until Proven Guilty, not a media circus convicting the police before all the facts are know.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Here in Gopherland we've had a handful of cops killed while on duty - significantly, done more often by whites than by any other social group. The funerals are routinely shown live on TV.

The funerals for those victimized by cop violence (which more often than not are black or Native American) get some news coverage but are not shown live on TV.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I have neither the time nor the interest to lead you through it by the hand, Boomster.

Your patronization is a little boring..

Look on the bright side. Another poor black kid is dead.

Capital punishment has not been used in New York State since 1963.

Enjoy your hatred towards the Police.. you know the people that keep your community safe.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

as soon as those officers were charged, i said to my husband that i think they did that quickly 'just' to stop
the rioting, now lets see how it all plays out, the longer it goes on before a trial, then the trail,
which could find all of the cops innocent, just wondering, as we've seen it before, when cops are
found innocent after a long wait, then a trial, then innocent, or maybe one of them will take the fall
just to keep the peace, but not guilty of murder, it will probably be changed to a lesser charge, then
out quickly on parole. yeah, i am skeptical.

GKar

May 3, 2015
The death of Brian Moore was a terrible tragedy. I hope this police officer's case will be taken seriously by the police, and that justice will be served.
The death of Freddie Gray was a terrible tragedy. I hope his case will be taken seriously by the police too, but I'm not so confident that this will happen.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The death of Brian Moore was a terrible tragedy. I hope this police officer's case will be taken seriously by the police, and that justice will be served.

The death of Freddie Gray was a terrible tragedy. I hope his case will be taken seriously by the police too, but I'm not so confident that this will happen.

HUH!! You a politician?? :)

Can you walk that middle line drunk?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Here in Gopherland we've had a handful of cops killed while on duty - significantly, done more often by whites than by any other social group. The funerals are routinely shown live on TV.

The funerals for those victimized by cop violence (which more often than not are black or Native American) get some news coverage but are not shown live on TV.
or they bury the story

last night on CNN they spoke of a cop that shot a guy on the guy's front porch...there were a ton of cops there and one had their gun pointed at him, everyone else was just trying to figure out what was happening...he just shot him

none of the other cops covered for him, none...but...he is on desk duty...the city quietly paid the family over 2 million and there are five other investigations happening regarding this cop and other "incidents"

where's the outrage...

as soon as those officers were charged, i said to my husband that i think they did that quickly 'just' to stop
the rioting, now lets see how it all plays out, the longer it goes on before a trial, then the trail,
which could find all of the cops innocent, just wondering, as we've seen it before, when cops are
found innocent after a long wait, then a trial, then innocent, or maybe one of them will take the fall
just to keep the peace, but not guilty of murder, it will probably be changed to a lesser charge, then
yes I am skeptical too

however, I don't understand why they think they can keep getting away with this forever and ever...the day is done...how stupid can some people be

there are cameras everywhere and everything is computerized...no you can't pretend you made four stops when you made five it will show...and no you can't pretend a legal knife is a switch blade

they might MIGHT be able to get away with throw downs now and then but not often

agreed!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So am I. Really wanna see the justice system at work? Google "rekia boyd chicago."

This one's fun. Cop shoots a purely innocent girl whilst firing into a group because someone threatened him with a cellphone. So the DA charges him with involuntary manslaughter, claiming that's the highest charge that's justified. So the judge (not a jury) acquits the cop because under Illinois law, involuntary manslaughter requires recklessness, and also under Illinois law, firing into a group is intent, not recklessness. So the judge says he should have been charged with murder, and declares him not guilty of manslaughter. Cop walks, and under the double jeopardy rule, he can't be re-tried.

Neat, hunh?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Judge Porter threw out the case in a direct verdict because the charges weren’t severe enough (this was a bench trial, meaning the judge plays the role of a jury). He said Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez should have charged Servin with first degree murder—and not involuntary manslaughter and reckless discharge of a firearm—because shooting a gun at someone on the street is “so dangerous it is beyond reckless.”

just a young girl shot in the head for making too much noise.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Idaho police officer dies after being shot by suspect who stole patrol car

SPOKANE, Wash. – A northern Idaho police officer shot by a man who stole his patrol car died of his injuries Tuesday evening, police said.

Sgt. Greg Moore died at 5:50 p.m. local time at Kootenai Health in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, police spokeswoman Sgt. Christie Wood said in a statement.

Moore was shot about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday after checking on a suspicious person in a neighborhood, Coeur d'Alene Police Chief Lee White said.

Police arrested Jonathan Renfro, 26, after a car chase that reached speeds of 125 mph. The pursuit ended when a police dog dragged the man from his hiding place underneath a commercial truck.

Renfro appeared in court Tuesday afternoon and was charged with attempted murder, theft of a police vehicle, theft of an officer's gun and being a felon with a gun. Bail was set at $2 million. He was held in the Kootenai County, Idaho, jail.

Moore, a 16-year veteran of the Coeur d'Alene department, called dispatch to get information on Renfro, White said. Not long after, a resident called police.

The resident "had heard a noise that sounded like a gunshot and they shortly after said that there was a body lying in the street," White said at an early morning news conference.

"From the information I've received so far, it doesn't look like an ambush-style attack," the chief said. "This was just a bad guy doing bad guy stuff and our officers doing what they were trained to do -- and that's trying to keep our communities safe."

Renfro has a long criminal record and was on probation.

After Moore was shot, an officer from nearby Post Falls, Idaho, who was listening to radio traffic about the shooting, saw a Coeur d'Alene police car race by about 90 mph, so he gave chase close to the Washington state line, Post Falls Police Chief Scott Haug said.

The officer found the patrol car abandoned, and the Washington State Patrol and Kootenai County Sheriff's Office helped set up a perimeter, Haug said.

A police dog found Renfro about two hours later hiding under a tractor-trailer. He was wedged off the ground between the axle area and the truck, near a Wal-Mart in Post Falls, Haug said.

"He was engaged by the dog when he would not comply and taken into custody," Haug said.

White said a motive for the shooting hasn't been determined.

The Idaho State Police is the lead agency investigating the shooting, said Stu Miller, a spokesman for the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office.

Investigators are collecting evidence from multiple scenes, including dash cam video from Moore's car, Miller said.

Miller did not know if the weapon used against Moore had been recovered.

Miller said the last report from the officer was a radio message that he was checking out a suspicious person in a Coeur d'Alene neighborhood.

"There was no further contact from him," Miller said.

Moore was married and had two children, officials said.

Suspect in the shooting of Greg Moore- Jonathan Renfro

source: Idaho police officer dies after being shot by suspect who stole patrol car | Fox News

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Police arrested Jonathan Renfro, 26, after a car chase that reached speeds of 125 mph. The pursuit ended when a police dog dragged the man from his hiding place underneath a commercial truck.
You just don't get it, Boomster. The outrage isn't about the cops killing black people. It's about cops killing innocent black people and then walking without ever facing charges.

It's also about a lot of other things, but for present purposes, this is the deal.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You just don't get it, Boomster. The outrage isn't about the cops killing black people. It's about cops killing innocent black people and then walking without ever facing charges.

It's also about a lot of other things, but for present purposes, this is the deal.

I'm not saying there is inequality injustice.. justice is supposed to be blind, yes.. but rarely is.

Seems if you're poor you'll most likely be arrested and charged, and go to jail. Your case pleaded out, or a shabby trail.

If you're rich you can afford a good attorney and walk..

I think in many cases the Police Unions have a slush fund to defend their officers.. not sure, heard that somewhere.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Who should we be outraged at?
it kind of outrages me that anyone would kill another human being on purpose but then I'm a lefty so it doesn't count (at least in this place, in real life maybe not quite so much)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
So am I. Really wanna see the justice system at work? Google "rekia boyd chicago."

This one's fun. Cop shoots a purely innocent girl whilst firing into a group because someone threatened him with a cellphone. So the DA charges him with involuntary manslaughter, claiming that's the highest charge that's justified. So the judge (not a jury) acquits the cop because under Illinois law, involuntary manslaughter requires recklessness, and also under Illinois law, firing into a group is intent, not recklessness. So the judge says he should have been charged with murder, and declares him not guilty of manslaughter. Cop walks, and under the double jeopardy rule, he can't be re-tried.

Neat, hunh?

yeah, very tidy indeed.