A French Muslim girl was kicked out of class because her skirt was too long

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
A French Muslim girl was kicked out of class because her skirt was too long

According to French media reports, a 15-year-old French Muslim girl was banned from her class twice for wearing a skirt that was too long, and therefore supposedly a conspicuous display of religion. France's state secularism has led to very strict laws prohibiting students from wearing overtly religious symbols in institutions of education.
The student, identified as Sarah, already apparently removed her headscarf before entering the school, in accordance with French law. But her long skirt was deemed a "provocation," and potential act of protest.
"The girl was not excluded, she was asked to come back with a neutral outfit," a local official in the northeastern French town of Charleville-Mezieres, near the border with Belgium, told the AFP.
The news sparked an outcry on social media, with commentators remarking on the hypocrisy and bigotry lurking beneath Sarah's treatment. On Twitter, the hashtag #JePorteMaJuppeCommeJeVeux ("I wear my skirt as I like") trended.

More here:

A French Muslim girl was kicked out of class because her skirt was too long - The Washington Post

A long skirt was deemed provocative. Provocative. A long skirt.

Good grief this is a really effed up world. :roll:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, in France any skirt that wouldn't be considered a belt anyplace else is considered downright Amish.

French school uniform (girls). . .

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well, in France any skirt that wouldn't be considered a belt anyplace else is considered downright Amish.

French school uniform (girls). . .

you should likely put an alert out for Boomer so he doesn't miss them