Girl Taken To US In Mistaken Identity Case

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Girl Taken To US In Mistaken Identity Case

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2j6NSlIscY

A 14-year-old Mexican girl who was grabbed by police while at school and taken to the US by mistake has been returned to her family.

The moment Alondra Luna Nunez was taken was captured on video where she is seen screaming as officers push her into a police vehicle in the central state of Guanajuato.

The images went viral on social media and gripped Mexico.

Alondra was then flown to Texas, to a woman who thought she was her daughter.

But a DNA test on the girl has proved they are not related - and she has finally been allowed to go back to her real parents.

"Ask me all the questions you want tomorrow. Right now, I want to be with my parents," Alondra told a group of journalists who were waiting for her on her arrival at Guanajuato airport.

Her parents are considering taking legal action against the officials and judge who gave the order to allow police to snatch their daughter and transport her to Texas.

"I want to enjoy being with my daughter. Thank you all for supporting us," her father Gustavo Luna said.

"Right now, what I want is to speak with my daughter," he said. "I think that all the authorities involved in this were wrong."

The girl herself holds no grudge against the woman from Texas - Dorotea Garcia - and said she hoped she finds her daughter.

"She told me to forgive her for everything she had done to us," Alondra said.

Mexico's foreign ministry said in a statement that the case dated back to 2007 when the authorities received a request from the woman in Texas for the return of a child whose father, the woman said, had taken her to Mexico.

US officials in March this year told their Mexican counterparts the mother had been to Guanajuato and, after an eight-year-search, identified the girl - Alondra - as her daughter.

She said the girl had the same scar between the eyebrows as her daughter had.

The foreign ministry insisted it was "just acting as a facilitator" at the start of court proceedings.

Guanajuato's governor Miguel Marquez, who was at the airport to greet the girl, said: "This has a happy ending. Fortunately, thank God, the family is reunited. They didn't lose their heads. They stayed calm."

source: Girl Taken To US In Mistaken Identity Case

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It seems absolutely horrendous, and I'm sure for the girl and her family it was, but I guess the problem is that had she actually been the girl who was kidnapped, approaching it in any other way would have given the kidnapper an opportunity to disappear again.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It seems absolutely horrendous, and I'm sure for the girl and her family it was, but I guess the problem is that had she actually been the girl who was kidnapped, approaching it in any other way would have given the kidnapper an opportunity to disappear again.

Why export her all the way to Texas?? Couldn't they get DNA from her in Mexico?

I hope they sue and win big. At least pay for her Collage and University in the future.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I hope they sue and win big. At least pay for her Collage and University in the future.

One would think so. Wasn't it a Mexican judge who gave the okay for that? This was all done through legal channels, in full co-operation with officials.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
One would think so. Wasn't it a Mexican judge who gave the okay for that? This was all done through legal channels, in full co-operation with officials.

Points taken from this story.
1. Mother recognized someone else's kid as her own, wow.
2. They just pulled her out of school and shipped her on a plane, ignoring her actual parents objections.
3. They did the DNA testing after they kidnapped the child and sent her to another country. That has to be one of the stupidest things in this story.

Everything about this story sounds ridiculous.

Try to think about what this girl must have been thinking as she was basically abducted to the USA.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

That might tip off the kidnappers. Realistically everyone in town is going to do high school and university would mean she would have to move away from home. How about some solar panels and some gadgets instead, pipe in shows like America's Most Wanted.

Who is to say she is the only girl (or boy) to get abducted, this one got media exposure so 'they' had to return her. See any pics of the missing daughter to see if they were close enough to be twins? I haven't so it gets a ? mark.

Try to think about what this girl must have been thinking as she was basically abducted to the USA.
Apply Residential School brutality and death squad efficiency, Velcum to Amerika

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Points taken from this story.
1. Mother recognized someone else's kid as her own, wow.
2. They just pulled her out of school and shipped her on a plane, ignoring her actual parents objections.
3. They did the DNA testing after they kidnapped the child and sent her to another country. That has to be one of the stupidest things in this story.

Everything about this story sounds ridiculous.

Okay, I knew I was reading this somewhere....

Mexican Girl Sent Home After Interpol Abducts, Sends Her to US | News | teleSUR English

In a statement the Foreign Ministry of Mexico said that, in compliance with international law, a judge ordered Interpol to bring the girl before the court to confirm her identity. Despite the fact that the girl would eventually be proven to not be Garcia's daughter, the statement said that the court confirmed her identity. Nuñez was subsequently shipped off to the United States on April 17, 2015. Only after protests from Nuñez and her biological family was a DNA test done to definitively determine the girl's identity. The statement by the Foreign Ministry did not explain why a DNA test was not done before she was sent to the United States. The Foreign Ministry argued it was merely trying to meet its obligations under international law. However, the judge who ordered Nuñez be sent to the United States said she acted in response to a request by the Foreign Ministry. "We don't do investigations or make inquiries," Judge Cinthia Elodia Mercado told AP, adding that she merely ensures the documentation is in order. AP reported that the family of Nuñez pined the blame on the the judge, who in turn told Mexican media outlets that her conscience was clear.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
No pics for the actual missing girl, you would think this would be the best time to get that exposure as the whole country is watching.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No pics for the actual missing girl, you would think this would be the best time to get that exposure as the whole country is watching.
they can't because she has been missing for too long, there won't be any pictures, the best one could do would be computer generated projections of what she most likely looks like today