South Carolina cop kills man over Traffic Stop in the BACK!!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
SC Cop Faces Murder Charge After Video Shows Him Fatally Shoot Man in Back

A South Carolina police officer is facing a murder charge after shooting an African-American man in the back at least eight times.

The Post and Courier reports that not only did Officer Michael Slager shoot Walter Scott in the back multiple times, as Scott was running away, but the entire incident was caught on video. This is a screengrab the paper released from the video, which is expected to come out later:

Scott was reportedly running from a traffic stop and had a Family Court warrant out for his arrest.

North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey held a press conference earlier today saying Slager would be charged with murder, and that “when you make a bad decision, don’t care if you’re behind the shield or a citizen on the street, you have to live with that decision.”

Officer Slager is currently in custody, and his attorney claims he believes he followed standard procedure during the encounter. The officer alleges that he fought with Scott over his taser and shots were fired shortly thereafter, but the screengrab indicates those shots came when the two were some distance apart.

Watch the full video via South Carolina’s Post and Courier (WARNING: VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO44SXB9GsA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbxYA7Fi9rE

Source: SC Cop Michael Slager Shoots Walter Scott in Back VIDEO | Mediaite

I hope they toss the key away for this cop..

...at the same time, I hope there is no community violence loss of property and possible loss of life.. let the law deal with this idiot cop.

WOW!! Just WoW!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sad Day for South Carolina and the community...

I think the victim was ex-Navy Officer.. watching the video it shows a photo of the Police Officer and a Naval Officer (black Guy) afterwards..

Just another dead black criminal. I commend Officer Slager for his excellent work cleaning trash off the streets.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
He disobeyed and assaulted an officer. He deserved to die.

Come on man, he was no threat to the officer... that was just crazy of the cop to shoot a fleeing man in the back.

The cop is charged with murder, hope he spends some hard time behind bars.

Cops are getting stupid, even here in Canada, well at least Calgary. There has been 4 cop related shootings where citizens have been killed this year..

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
BBC suggested tonight that the cops later tried to plant something on the the victim in order to make it appear if he carried a weapon. But the cop was caught on tape doing that as well.

Good thing we have mobile phones nowadays. God only knows how many innocent victims have died at the hands of cops over the years while the cops pretended to have been attacked.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011

did anyone notice he also dropped his taser next to the dead man (planting evidence)..the officer said the man stole his taser.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Come on man, he was no threat to the officer... that was just crazy of the cop to shoot a fleeing man in the back.
He stole a deadly weapon from the officer. He clearly presented an continuing danger to the officer and the community.

And, to quote Sunil Dutta, who is both an active cop with the LAPD and a professor of criminology,

"Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you."

I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me. - The Washington Post

they will find a way to justify it

Nobody forced him to be black.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
did anyone notice he also dropped his taser next to the dead man (planting evidence)..the officer said the man stole his taser.
The cop shot the guy in the back, that should put the cop away. The video is too jerky to know exactly what happened to the taser.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The report before the video came out....

The attorney for a North Charleston police officer who shot a 50-year-old man during a confrontation at a traffic stop Saturday says his client believes he followed proper procedure.

The incident began about 9:30 a.m. Saturday when Officer Michael Slager, 33, pulled 50-year-old Walter Scott over for a broken tail light at the corner of Remount and Craig roads.

Police and witnesses say Scott tried to run from Slager before turning to fight for the officer's Taser. It was during that scuffle that the officer fired his service weapon, fatally wounding Scott.

According to an incident report, officers heard Slager say over the radio that he had deployed his Taser and "seconds later" he said

"Shots fired and the subject is down. He took my Taser."

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28725562/coroner-identifies-man-shot-killed-by-north-charleston-police-officer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The report before the video came out....

The attorney for a North Charleston police officer who shot a 50-year-old man during a confrontation at a traffic stop Saturday says his client believes he followed proper procedure.

The incident began about 9:30 a.m. Saturday when Officer Michael Slager, 33, pulled 50-year-old Walter Scott over for a broken tail light at the corner of Remount and Craig roads.

Police and witnesses say Scott tried to run from Slager before turning to fight for the officer's Taser. It was during that scuffle that the officer fired his service weapon, fatally wounding Scott.

According to an incident report, officers heard Slager say over the radio that he had deployed his Taser and "seconds later" he said

"Shots fired and the subject is down. He took my Taser."

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28725562/coroner-identifies-man-shot-killed-by-north-charleston-police-officer
So what? The police are allowed to lie and fabricate evidence. The only place they are not allowed to lie is in court. It's been that way for 46 years. Frazier v. Cupp, 394 U.S. 731 (1969).

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
So what? The police are allowed to lie and fabricate evidence. The only place they are not allowed to lie is in court. It's been that way for 46 years. Frazier v. Cupp, 394 U.S. 731 (1969).

Police are permitted to use deceptive interrogation tactics, they are NOT allowed to fabricate evidence, get your head out of your ***.

BTW, whereas the cop is obviously abusing his authority and doesn't give a ****, utlimately the people that train them have just as much responsibility.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Police are permitted to use deceptive interrogation tactics, they are NOT allowed to fabricate evidence, get your head out of your ***.
They are absolutely allowed to fabricate evidence. They simply aren't allowed to use fabricated evidence in court.

Allow me to explain. Confessions are evidence, would you agree? Therefore, if the cops have two people in custody and under interrogation, and the separate them, then say (falsely) to Person A "Your partner already confessed," they are, in point of fact, fabricating evidence, are they not? And if that fabricated confession leads Person B to confess, the prosecution is allowed to use the confession of Person B, but not the fabricated confession of Person A, in court, is that not correct?

Ergo, as I said originally, the cops are allowed to fabricate evidence. They are merely forbidden from using the fabricated evidence in court.

Take your time. Think it through.