US Cops Killed More People In March Than UK Cops Have Killed Since 1900

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Police officers in the United States were responsible for killing over 100 people last month. The United Kingdom has seen 52 killings by police since 1900. You didn’t misread that. Cops in the US took the lives of more people in 31 days than have been killed by UK cops in the past 115 years.
This startling statistic comes just one month after the Obama administration released the White House Task Force on 21st Century Policing report. The report, though supposedly created to improve community policing policies, has been seen by activists as a simple way to appease American fears over the growing police state-like situation developing in the US.
The issue of police violence and institutional racism seems to be growing in the US despite a massive people-powered movement to hold these agents of the state accountable.
Recently, there was a shimmer of light when the cop who brutally slammed an Indian grandfather to the ground, paralyzing him, was actually charged with abusing his power. Unfortunately, this case is the exception in the rule; most cops who commit these violent acts are never held accountable.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
here's another ridiculous stat i read...

In 2011, German Police fired an overall of 85 shots (49 of those being warning shots, 36 targeted - killing 6).
In 2012, LAPD fired 90 shots in one single incident against a 19-yea-old, killing him.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Police officers in the United States were responsible for killing over 100 people last month. The United Kingdom has seen 52 killings by police since 1900. You didn’t misread that. Cops in the US took the lives of more people in 31 days than have been killed by UK cops in the past 115 years.
This startling statistic comes just one month after the Obama administration released the White House Task Force on 21st Century Policing report. The report, though supposedly created to improve community policing policies, has been seen by activists as a simple way to appease American fears over the growing police state-like situation developing in the US.
The issue of police violence and institutional racism seems to be growing in the US despite a massive people-powered movement to hold these agents of the state accountable.
Recently, there was a shimmer of light when the cop who brutally slammed an Indian grandfather to the ground, paralyzing him, was actually charged with abusing his power. Unfortunately, this case is the exception in the rule; most cops who commit these violent acts are never held accountable.

They reached for their waistbands.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I was recalling a line by ole Clint Eastwood in the movie "The Unforgiven". It's a hell of a thing killin someone. You take away everything he has, and everything he's gonna have."

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

''peace officers''

Ahem.

Some have forgotten that our Founding Fathers intended for the citizenry to be armed as a defense against government abuses.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
''peace officers''

Ahem.

Some have forgotten that our Founding Fathers intended for the citizenry to be armed as a defense against government abuses.
They had better hurry up. With the ever increasing militarization of the police, armed insurrection become more difficult. Soon it will be impossible.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
''peace officers''

Ahem.

which pretty much encourages government abuses....kind of ironic but human nature is funny that way

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You been down to Tombstone, AT... I10 to Benson then hwy 80 south..

Love the drive, love the town.. check it out Cowboy.
I've lived in Arizona most of my life. Never had the desire to see Tombstone, or even the Grand Canyon. I've been down there in that part of the country though. Just passin through.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

That's because British Bobbies are Puss-ies......

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
did you even graduate high school you uselesss old gimp?

i've learned calculus and learned the russian language on my own, you done anything this decade besides collect old age pension you stupid old worthless drooling vegetable?