Sainthood Process Opened for Karl Marx

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Vatican City

Just weeks after official announcement of the beatification of murdered Salvadoran Archbishop Oscar Romero, the Vatican has reportedly given a green light for the beginning of the sainthood process for another social-justice advocate known for radically calling on the church to stand with the poor.

The Vatican's Congregation for the Causes of the Saints has reportedly approved the start of the path to sainthood for the late Karl Marx, a key Catholic economic thinker.

According to Vatican Radio, Cardinal Angelo Amato, an Italian who leads the Vatican congregation, signed a letter Mar. 25 allowing the beginning of the process.

Who'd've thunk it?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Party pooper!
Too easy. I woulda gone with the story about the efforts of young Mr. Fu ck, the Medicine Hat college basketball player, to be allowed to wear his name on his jersey, and the flap over that.

What makes it a great April Fools is that the story is true.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I thought it was a joke too when I read the press release from the Vatican. But, apparently it is true. You gotta love Pope Francis!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Too easy. I woulda gone with the story about the efforts of young Mr. Fu ck, the Medicine Hat college basketball player, to be allowed to wear his name on his jersey, and the flap over that.

True story. I know Mr. Fu ck. His girlfriends name is Julia Hedde. They plan to hyphenate their kids names if they ever have any.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

The college player's real name is Ufuk Aasif.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Karl Marx's tomb in Highgate Cemetery, north London:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The flowers are a nice touch.....
So are the pee stains on the bottom of the monument.....

Good dogs.....:lol:

Marx's philosphy is quite nice. Only problem is it doesn't work because he did not account for greed and thirst for power also being present in the prolotariat. You always wind up with a ruling class who absorb all the wealth. Russia is the classic example of how it became abused. That and Russia did not have the economic base to support that many wards of the state at one time.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Marx's philosphy is quite nice. Only problem is it doesn't work because he did not account for greed and thirst for power also being present in the prolotariat. You always wind up with a ruling class who absorb all the wealth. Russia is the classic example of how it became abused. That and Russia did not have the economic base to support that many wards of the state at one time.
From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs, just doesn't work in the real world..
You always have the blood suckers who take advantage.
Why should I push 100 wheelbarrows full of sand every day for the same pay as the guy who does only 50!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,