Mosaic announces $1.7B potash mine expansion

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh my! There just isn't any slowing down in sight for Saskatchewan's growth.

CTV Regina

Mosaic Co. has announced it will spend $1.7 billion to expand its K3 potash mine near Esterhazy, Sask.

The company says it plans to accelerate the production ramp-up of the mine over the next eight years.

During that time, an average of more than 300 skilled contract tradespeople will be working at the site, and as many as 600 workers will be on site during peak construction.

In 2009, Mosaic announced it would spend $1.5 billion on the first stage of the K3 project, as part of a long-term strategy to expand its potash business.

The company expects to begin mining potash ore at K3 by late 2017. The project will serve as a satellite mine for the milling and storage facilities that were upgraded during the first stage of expansion.

Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall was on hand for the announcement in Regina on Monday. In a news release, Wall said the planned expansion is further evidence that the province's diversified economy remains strong, despite the recent downturn in oil prices.

Mosaic announces $1.7B potash mine expansion | CTV Regina News

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Tulip manufacture is long gone. Maybe they could switch to begonias?

It won't belong before SK is number 1 globally for mining. 4 more massive potash mines, uranium expansions, a couple gold operations, two diamond mines, REE extraction are in the works and eventually insitu oil sands. Canada's future will remain reliant on western resources.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I suppose that he can lobby for more windmills to be constructed... At very least he could spend a lot of quality time tilting at them

It won't belong before SK is number 1 globally for mining. 4 more massive potash mines, uranium expansions, a couple gold operations, two diamond mines, REE extraction are in the works and eventually insitu oil sands. Canada's future will remain reliant on western resources.

Sask is in a highly enviable position right now.... A strong future for your province

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I suppose that he can lobby for more windmills to be constructed... At very least he could spend a lot of quality time tilting at them

Sask is in a highly enviable position right now.... A strong future for your province

Very strong. I saw it coming 15 years ago, did my share and can now kick back, watch wheat grow and cash dividend cheques every 3 months.

I can see why the mentally flawed are jealous. Ah well. F-ck 'em.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Flossy, Cliffy et al consider people like you the 'corporate elite' that rape Gaia for material gain.

All the while the Irony being that they are the very same people depend on the same for taxes into gen revs, pensions, healthcare, etc yet they do not see their role in the consumption

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh my! There just isn't any slowing down in sight for Saskatchewan's growth.

CTV Regina

Mosaic Co. has announced it will spend $1.7 billion to expand its K3 potash mine near Esterhazy, Sask.

Hey, Petros- there's a couple of dozen young guys occupying benches down town that could be shipped out to you to beef up your work force. Maybe if your mayor checked with our mayor an arrangement could be made!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Flossy, Cliffy et al consider people like you the 'corporate elite' that rape Gaia for material gain.

All the while the Irony being that they are the very same people depend on the same for taxes into gen revs, pensions, healthcare, etc yet they do not see their role in the consumption

And on our military to protect their right to protest.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

"Uranium" is a swear word out here, like asbestos!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Good. I'm glad they feel that way, they already say nothing when I say I sequester 4500 tonnes of CO2 a year while they do nothing but produce it.

Too bad I can't get the $5 a tonne in carbon credits as was to be. That's nearly double what Cliff gets a year being on the dole.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hey, Petros- there's a couple of dozen young guys occupying benches down town that could be shipped out to you to beef up your work force. Maybe if your mayor checked with our mayor an arrangement could be made!

Do they have grade 12, clean criminal records and can pass a piss test?

"Uranium" is a swear word out here, like asbestos!

Fine by me. It gets shipped world wide and we have the world's lion share.

But they both have such good intentions and say the right things... Doesn't that count for something?

Their anger and loathing will cost us a fortune in cardio care down the road.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do they have grade 12, clean criminal records and can pass a piss test?

Don't hold your breath on any of them. What is a clean criminal record? :) :)

It would be nice to know how much is fact and how much is emotions as far as U and Asbestos is concerned.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Does that export come after our fields are full or are we getting ready for tubular crops and the southwest areas that are getting enough moisture to grow something other than dust now qualify as first on the list, like oil?
Next question, who is going to buy what is grown if they all experience the same extended growing conditions?
Hemp left standing in the winter would be tender in the spring or would a frost be enough to break the fibers apart?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC