North Texas Home To First Islamic Tribunal In U.S.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
North Texas Home To First Islamic Tribunal In U.S.

IRVING (CBS 11 NEWS) - It is how Muslims settle disputes in many countries in the Middle East.
But now North Texas is home to what is believed to be the first official Islamic Tribunal that follows Sharia Law.

“In their mind, the misconception about what they see through the media is that Sharia means cut the head, chop the heads, cut the hands and we are not doing that,” said Imam Moujahed Bakhach, one of the tribunal judges.

Bakhach, along with three other religious judges, make up the Islamic Tribunal.

“We have no authority to force anybody or to make it binding up on if they don’t like it or don’t except it,” said Bakhach.

Guided by the Muslim religious moral code known as “Sharia,” the judges are offering up their services to handle case involving divorce, business problems, and other disputes among the community.

“There are no disputes at all because we deal with just fix and deal with the religious part. We cannot deal with anything else, even in the civil law,” said Dr. Taher El-badawi, a tribunal judge.

Dr. El-badawi said they do not handle criminal accusations, child support, custody battles or any transfer of assets.

“People are concerned that there are conflicts between Sharia Law and state law or whatever else. So that’s an important area we need to watch,” said John DeGroote, a lawyer who practices business mediation and is an arbitrator.

DeGroote said he sees parallels to his out-of-court mediations.

“If it’s non-binding and simply helps people guide their way through the dispute, all the better,” said DeGroote.

Bakhach said state and federal law will always take precedent. It is why the judges have made it the first article in the Islamic Tribunal’s constitution.

“We are not here to invade the White House or invade Austin. We are humble and want to settle a problem between Muslims,” said Bakhach.

District Attorney Susan Hawk did not want to comment when reached by CBS 11.

source: North Texas Home To First Islamic Tribunal In U.S. « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

WOW, I honestly thought Canada would be first to adopt Sharia Law in North America before the USA, and Texas of all places.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
“In their mind, the misconception about what they see through the media is that Sharia means cut the head, chop the heads, cut the hands and we are not doing that,” said Imam Moujahed Bakhach, one of the tribunal judges.

Oh thank god. Sharia law is SO BRUTAL. The death penalty aka state sponsored murder is incredibly immoral and barbarous there is no place for that in today's society

North Texas

Wait Texas, the same state that still fries people on electric chairs, injects them with drugs that paralyzes a person and can keep a person in tortuous pain for as long as 25 minutes until they finally succumb to the drug, the same state that doesn't hesitate to put minors on death row??

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Wait Texas, the same state that still fries people on electric chairs, injects them with drugs that paralyzes a person and can keep a person in tortuous pain for as long as 25 minutes until they finally succumb to the drug, the same state that doesn't hesitate to put minors on death row??

Personally, I think this is the best place for Sharia Law. Some rich Texas who has lots of money to waste will sue the city of Irvine, bring it to the Supreme Court and set a precedence.

I don't think it will last in the United States..

The existing legal system is designed to be fair to the whole population. Religion should not be allowed to infiltrate law, and Muslims should be focused more on integrating with Americans and society rather than further distancing themselves from it.

Next thing you know, the USA will have No Go Zones like Paris, France. (excluding Detroit)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sounds to me like this is the same as People's Court or Judge Judy where the plaintiffs and defendants agree to use the arbitrators ruling as their 'out of court' settlement.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The difference is, only the men are allowed to get divorced, not the women.. Sharia Law. :)

Under Sharia Law, women are the property of the man.. hum that doesn't sound all that bad. ;)

Top ten reasons why sharia is bad for all societies

The woman can use the regular courts. She is not legally bound to use the Sharia courts. As long as the courts are not binding, it is exactly the same as you and I setting our dispute over a lawn tractor by hiring an arbitrator or mediator. If one of us didn't like that idea, we could sue the other one in normal courts.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The woman can use the regular courts. She is not legally bound to use the Sharia courts. As long as the courts are not binding, it is exactly the same as you and I setting our dispute over a lawn tractor by hiring an arbitrator or mediator. If one of us didn't like that idea, we could sue the other one in normal courts.

Well it is interestingly being compared to the ecclesiastical law governing the Catholic Church, or Catholic Communion or even the Anglican Communion.

As long as it does not hurt, discriminate or by threat force women to use Sharia Law, rather than go through the courts, it may not be a bad thing.. it'll free up a lot of backlog in the courts.

It's just Sharia Law does go further than other religions and bypasses the court system for divorce, I'm not sure this is fair or could be abused.

Kill all the Muslims. Fu€k them all. It is us, or them.

I'm all for Fu€king them (not ALL, just the women)... how about you.. ;)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not a lot different than the restorative justice or whatever they are calling the lack of real justice in many reserves in Canada. With the blessing of our government. As for business disagreements it can be an inexpensive method to settle disputes if both sides are willing. Much like asking the Godfather to settle disputes.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well it is interestingly being compared to the ecclesiastical law governing the Catholic Church, or Catholic Communion or even the Anglican Communion.

As long as it does not hurt, discriminate or by threat force women to use Sharia Law, rather than go through the courts, it may not be a bad thing.. it'll free up a lot of backlog in the courts.

It's just Sharia Law does go further than other religions and bypasses the court system for divorce, I'm not sure this is fair or could be abused.

I'm all for Fu€king them (not ALL, just the women)... how about you.. ;)

She must be Coptic .