Over half of Republicans want to make Christianity national religion

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Over half of Republicans want to ignore Bill of Rights, make Christianity national religion

America's Founding Fathers may have explicitly banned the formation of a national religion, but don’t tell that to Republican Christians. A poll found that over half of the religious right wants to establish Christianity as the country’s official creed.

When asked if they supported “establishing Christianity as the national religion,” 57 percent of the Republicans surveyed told Public Policy Polling (PPP) that they were in favor. Three in ten opposed turning the US into a theocracy, while 13 percent were unsure.

The Bill of Rights expressly prohibits the government from promoting one religion over others: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” the Constitution’s First Amendment states.

Women were more likely to support the official establishment of Christianity in the US, with two-thirds – 66 percent – responding “yes” to the question, while less than half the men surveyed – 49 percent – chose that option.

“It’s convenient that Republicans are so willing to ignore the Bill of Rights when it conflicts with any aspect of Christianity, but if you even for one minute mention any form of gun control, then you’re trying to destroy the Constitution and ruin America,” Amy Eddings wrote for Ring of Fire Radio.

Science fared even worse than the First Amendment. The poll’s finding “supports the growing perception liberals have of conservatives,” meaning Republicans are “anti-science Christian theocrats,” the New Civil Rights Movement wrote.

Those Republican primary voters who identified as members of the Tea Party were less likely to believe in evolution – only 27 percent were fans of Charles Darwin’s theory – than the 46 percent who believe in evolution and did not identify as part of the ideological group. Overall, 37 percent of those surveyed believe in the theory, with less than half – 49 percent – disbelieving. A majority of Tea Party members – 61 percent – said they don’t accept the theory of evolution.

When it came to global warming, only a quarter of respondents said they believe in climate change, while two-thirds – 66 percent – do not. Self-identified Tea Party members were vehemently against the scientific phenomenon, with 91 percent being so-called “climate deniers.”

Women were more likely to believe in global warming, at 30 percent. Only 20 percent of men agreed. Meanwhile, women were less likely to believe in evolution – 30 percent, compared to 43 percent of males.

Along with political polling, PPP is known for asking off-beat questions in its surveys. In 2013, the company announced that about 13 percent of Americans believe Obama is the anti-Christ, nearly 30 percent believe in aliens, and four percent believe lizard people control the US.

That same survey also asked about climate change, finding that 51 percent of Americans believed in global warming, while 37 percent said the whole idea is a hoax. This margin was particularly high among Republicans, of which 58 percent said climate change is a made-up phenomenon.

PPP, a Democratic-leaning firm, surveyed 316 Republican primary voters from February 20-22. The margin of error was 5.5 percentage points. The survey also asked questions about potential primary candidates and the favorability of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

source: http://rt.com/usa/235567-republican-survey-christianity-national-religion/

I for one would agree with making Christianity a national religion in both Canada and the USA

Just say'in.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
the state has no business in my bedroom or my place (or lack of it) of worship.

swearing on a bible, making people say 'God' for any reason to 'prove something or another or saying God Bless America (as if God cares any more about America than the next place) after every lame political speech should stop.

believe what you want but making something like religion almost compulsory ain't the thing to do.

the barry manilow shrine in my closet should be safe and sound.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
That doesnt really surprise me.

I for one would agree with making Christianity a national religion in both Canada and the USA

Just say'in.

Dont particularly care what the US does on this subject but as for us, f*ck that. No national religion.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Just say'in.
once that happens, everyone including Christians has lost their freedom, completely

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I doubt it will revert to burning witches... ;)
I doubt it would either, it would be so much worse

why do you want to force Christianity Boomer? how would that help either nation, in your opinion

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I doubt it would either, it would be so much worse

why do you want to force Christianity Boomer? how would that help either nation, in your opinion

Does it say you be forced into Christianity, no! Just make the country a Christian Nation. Adhere to values that make for a good society.

It's like English is the National language in the USA, but they have Spanish, Chinese and other language paper, TV and Radio.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Does it say you be forced into Christianity, no! Just make the country a Christian Nation. Adhere to values that make for a good society.

We gave Christianity a shot for about 1500 years. Didnt work so well for most people.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

It's like English is the National language in the USA, but they have Spanish, Chinese and other language paper, TV and Radio.

but is has never been this way, why do you feel it's necessary now?

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
So Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran? Surely you want to pick the best to represent the nation, no? *sarcasm*

In a world looking for reasons to hate, you suggest feeding the fire?

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
We gave Christianity a shot for about 1500 years. Didnt work so well for most people.

Funny, you live in a society that was solidly Christian until 50 years ago, or less.

You live in one of the most advanced, most tolerant democracies on earth.

Didn't work out so well? Whatever do you mean?

Oh, I should say, the Republican need to read the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion....."

BTW, speaking of idiot lawyers, this is how a legal site describes the above:

First Amendment

The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment

You see ANY of that in there?

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
but is has never been this way, why do you feel it's necessary now?

I didn't say it's necessary, just said I agree with the idea if it were to happen. If it ever came up for a vote, I would vote YES.

So Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran?

Christianity is all inclusive of those religions. It's the belief in the trinity, the father, the son the holly spirit.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I didn't say it's necessary, just said I agree with the idea if it were to happen. If it ever came up for a vote, I would vote YES.

Christianity is all inclusive of those religions. It's the belief in the trinity, the father, the son the holly ghost.
okay...thanks for the clarification

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Funny, you live in a society that was solidly Christian until 50 years ago, or less.

You live in one of the most advanced, most tolerant democracies on earth.

Didn't work out so well? Whatever do you mean?

It is now, while it was pretty decent comparatively then it was not nearly as tolerant then. Those residential schools were Christian.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

So why does it have to be a Christian nation? Other religions have values that can make for a good society.

Religion has no place in the government of any society. The moment you add religion to that government, people who are not of that religion are seen as secondary or second class. You may not think people will be forced into whatever religion (in this case Christianity), but they will. Hell, it's already happening in some states even if Christianity isn't supposed to an official government religion.

I have my own faith, my own beliefs, and no one has the right to shove anything different down my throat just because they're insecure about their religion.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's the belief in the trinity, the father, the son the holly spirit.

And that place has no official place in government. People in government can believe whatever they want, but these beliefs should not be official policy or put into the constitution or any other statute.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
And that place has no official place in government. People in government can believe whatever they want, but these beliefs should not be official policy or put into the constitution or any other statute.
agreed

danger, danger, danger

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So why does it have to be a Christian nation? Other religions have values that can make for a good society.

America Was Founded As A Christian Nation

America was founded on three documents: The Declaration of Independence; The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783, and the Constitution. These documents give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation. One does not need a law degree or a degree in history to grasp this truth. It is obvious to anyone who does not have an agenda. Let us review the documents and show this proof.

Declaration of Independence: Click to read

The Declaration has many references to God throughout the document. The most famous one is that men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”

Here are more references to God found in the document:
Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God”
Appealing to the Supreme Judge of the World”
With a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence”

The Declaration of Independence does not identify the God whom they are addressing. This could be left open to interpretation and opinion.

The Constitution: Click to read

The body of the Constitution makes no reference to God. The Constitution honors the Christian Sabbath. The President was given 10 days to sign a bill into law. The counting of the 10 days does not include the Sabbath. This is found in Article 1, Section 7, and Clause 2 which in part follows:

“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law,”

When the Constitution was completed on September 17, 1787, it was signed by the delegates then to be ratified by the states. The delegates signed the Constitution in the “Year of our Lord.” This is a direct reference to Christianity. This is found in Article 7 which in part follows:

“Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names, GO WASHINGTON–Presidt. and deputy from Virginia”

The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783: Click to read

The Paris Peace Treaty was the document which formally ended the Revolution and granted the United States independence from Great Britain. In a real sense, the United States formally became a nation on September 3, 1783.

When the United States became a nation, it was done in the “name of the most holy and undivided Trinity.” The preamble to this Treat states it is based upon the “Holy and undivided Trinity.” The concept of the holy Trinity is unique to Christianity. This statement means the United States was founded on the Christian faith. The complete Preamble follows:

“In the name of the most holy and undivided Trinity”

The Treaty then ends just like the Constitution with a statement it is being signed in the “Year of our Lord.” The witnesses representing the United States were John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Jay and D. Hartley. The section in part follows:

“In witness whereof we the undersigned, their ministers plenipotentiary, have in their name and in virtue of our full powers, signed with our hands the present definitive treaty and caused the seals of our arms to be affixed thereto.Done at Paris, this third day of September in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-three”

D. HARTLEY
JOHN ADAMS​
B. FRANKLIN
JOHN JAY​

When this concept is applied to the Declaration of Independence, it is clear the reference to “All men are created equal,” was about the holy Trinity. The people of the United States are endowed by their Creator, the holy Trinity, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

The God of the Bible is whom the United States is based upon. The unalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness come from the Judeo/Christian God and no one else. He is the Rock of our Republic.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

source

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
America Was Founded As A Christian Nation

America was founded on three documents: The Declaration of Independence; The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783, and the Constitution. These documents give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation. One does not need a law degree or a degree in history to grasp this truth. It is obvious to anyone who does not have an agenda. Let us review the documents and show this proof.

Declaration of Independence: Click to read

The Declaration has many references to God throughout the document. The most famous one is that men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”

Here are more references to God found in the document:
Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God”
Appealing to the Supreme Judge of the World”
With a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence”

The Declaration of Independence does not identify the God whom they are addressing. This could be left open to interpretation and opinion.

The Constitution: Click to read

The body of the Constitution makes no reference to God. The Constitution honors the Christian Sabbath. The President was given 10 days to sign a bill into law. The counting of the 10 days does not include the Sabbath. This is found in Article 1, Section 7, and Clause 2 which in part follows:

“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law,”

When the Constitution was completed on September 17, 1787, it was signed by the delegates then to be ratified by the states. The delegates signed the Constitution in the “Year of our Lord.” This is a direct reference to Christianity. This is found in Article 7 which in part follows:

“Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names, GO WASHINGTON–Presidt. and deputy from Virginia”

The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783: Click to read

The Paris Peace Treaty was the document which formally ended the Revolution and granted the United States independence from Great Britain. In a real sense, the United States formally became a nation on September 3, 1783.

When the United States became a nation, it was done in the “name of the most holy and undivided Trinity.” The preamble to this Treat states it is based upon the “Holy and undivided Trinity.” The concept of the holy Trinity is unique to Christianity. This statement means the United States was founded on the Christian faith. The complete Preamble follows:

“In the name of the most holy and undivided Trinity”

The Treaty then ends just like the Constitution with a statement it is being signed in the “Year of our Lord.” The witnesses representing the United States were John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Jay and D. Hartley. The section in part follows:

“In witness whereof we the undersigned, their ministers plenipotentiary, have in their name and in virtue of our full powers, signed with our hands the present definitive treaty and caused the seals of our arms to be affixed thereto.Done at Paris, this third day of September in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-three”

D. HARTLEY
JOHN ADAMS​
B. FRANKLIN
JOHN JAY​

When this concept is applied to the Declaration of Independence, it is clear the reference to “All men are created equal,” was about the holy Trinity. The people of the United States are endowed by their Creator, the holy Trinity, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

The God of the Bible is whom the United States is based upon. The unalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness come from the Judeo/Christian God and no one else. He is the Rock of our Republic.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

source
Sometimes ya have to just sit back and smile. Good ole Jefferson,,,salt of the friggin earth.