Cops flock to autistic boy's birthday party after none of his classmates turn up

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Heartwarming moment dozens of cops and firefighters flocked to autistic boy's birthday party after his heartbroken mom revealed none of his classmates turned up

• Ashlee Buratti invited her son's 16 classmates to celebrate his sixth birthday
  • Glenn was devastated when he found out his classmates weren't coming
  • Mom posted her frustration on Facebook and received messages of support
  • Strangers asked if they could bring their kids to the party to celebrate
  • Osceola County Sheriff's Office heard about party and contacted the family
  • Police and firemen stopped by with gifts and gave Glenn tours of vehicles
  • Glenn, who has epilepsy and mild autism, was overjoyed with celebrations

more

Florida cops flock to boy's birthday after mom Ashlee Buratti revealed no classmates turned up | Daily Mail Online

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Those cops and fire fighters are such a$$holes! OMG always shooting criminals and letting houses burn down!

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
here's what I don't get...what kind of a parent doesn't take their kid to another kid's little birthday party...something is peculiar about this story because I can not imagine 16 parents or actually possibly 32 parents of 16 kids saying: my child isn't going to go to this birthday party because the kid is autistic

just saying

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
here's what I don't get...what kind of a parent doesn't take their kid to another kid's little birthday party...something is peculiar about this story because I can not imagine 16 parents of 16 kids say my child isn't going to go to this birthday party because the kid is autistic

just saying
Maybe they didn't rent a t-rex bounce thing with a slide, no catering and a home baked cake?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Anyone from school show up?

Why the hell would any body with half a brain plan a Birthday party for Christmas day? It would take all kinds of stupid to do that. It's no different than when your kids Birthday is in the middle of the week. Do you plan the party for that day, or on the weekend?

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Why the hell would any body with half a brain plan a Birthday party for Christmas day? It would take all kinds of stupid to do that. It's no different than when your kids Birthday is in the middle of the week. Do you plan the party for that day, or on the weekend?

Exactly Gerryh!....My sons B-day is On Christmas as well...We try to celebrate it earlier...In Nov...but sometimes people don't show up...Most likely because they're thinking of Christmas and their own family and don't have money for a B-day present...MY point is...**** HAPPENS!...The parents who invited all the classmates to this kids B-day party maybe should've followed up to see if anyone was coming...MAYBE they should've talked to the parents, who then might have sent their kids to the PITTY party...
If the Cops/Firefighters aren't going to make it to EVERY B-day party..why go to any?...Next year the kid will be 1 yr older and still Autistic...Only now he'll hate Cops and Firefighters!

MY POINT IS...This thread is a Heart Bleed Story which probably doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the Kid being Autistic....JUST BAD PLANNING!

MAN Gerryh; you are one Dull Bulb Buddy!...Take the thorn outta ur *** man, and smell the rose...Does it smell like ****?!(Do you get it?)