"This flat is for blacks only"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A mother has been become the victim of a racist campaign after her front door was covered with faeces and a letter posted through saying her home was "for black sisters and brothers".

Sammie Sunter was staggered to find the note also had a drawing of a gun on it and a racial slur for a white person, while graffiti was also sprayed across her front door.

Miss Sunter, 24, made the shocking discovery just days after moving into her new flat in Willenhall, Coventry, with her two young boys.
According to the Coventry Telegraph , the note also states that "Willenhall is black so f*** off", while the word "Oyinbo" which is Nigerian slang for a white person, was also written.

West Midlands Police is treating the attack as racially aggravated criminal damage and said the incident was being taken "very seriously".

Housing association Whitefriars, which owns the flat, has confirmed there has also been a "previous incident" at the address.

Sammie, who lives with sons Harvey Anderson, two, and Oscar Rock, five, said: "I had to explain racism to my five-year-old.
"It's just not acceptable.

"I said that it looked like whoever was responsible was African.

"He wanted to know why they hated us.

more

"This flat is for blacks only": Shocking racist campaign to force white mum out of home - Mirror Online

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
she had to explain racism to her little one "why do they hate us?"

hopefully it won't make him feel the same way

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
This thread got me to thinking back to the first time I met a Black (African American to be PC) person, way up North..
I was 16 in High School and he was the new kid in school, and strangely enough, I taught him how to roll his own (cigarettes).
We got to be fairly good friends at recess smoking together out by the gate. I sometimes wonder what became of him, when his family went back down south a year later.
First meetings do affect how we judge different ethnicity, which is why what that kid experienced may affect him for a long time.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This thread got me to thinking back to the first time I met a Black (African American to be PC) person, way up North..
I was 16 in High School and he was the new kid in school, and strangely enough, I taught him how to roll his own (cigarettes).
We got to be fairly good friends at recess smoking together out by the gate. I sometimes wonder what became of him, when his family went back down south a year later.
First meetings do affect how we judge different ethnicity, which is why what that kid experienced may affect him for a long time.
yes you are right, it matters and like they say, racism is taught

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
yes you are right, it matters and like they say, racism is taught
That would be more prejudice than racism, I think.
The first time I had business dealing with a "muslim", I (suppose) because he was Pakistani, was filling up my truck at a service station close to T. O. and the guy put 110 liters in a 100 liter tank that was at the quarter mark. (he got his pumps inspected the next day, because my son who ran a service station up north gave me a phone # to call)
Then in the same week two separate corner stores sold me 6/49 expired tickets....I should say the first one caught me, but the second one, I was ready for, and gave it back to him for a a freshly printed one.
I must say that when my favorite service station here in town was purchased by Pakistanis, I was a little apprehensive, but since I judge people by their actions and not their looks, I kept filling up there and they turned out to be real nice folks.
But that first experience, will probably stay with me forever.