Brothers Arrested Following Home Invasion, Shooting

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

SPRINGFIELD (WGGB) – Two brothers are in police custody this morning following an armed home invasion and shooting in Springfield overnight.

According to Sergeant John Delaney, just after midnight, two men began ringing the bell of a home on Webber Street, calling the resident the wrong name, and threatening to “light up the house”. They eventually kicked down the door. The resident was home with their three-year-old daughter at the time. The two men, identified as 24-year-old Jordan Eady and his 22-year-old brother Jason, refused to leave, and advanced on the homeowner who, feeling threatened, shot Jordan in the chest and arm. The Eady brothers then fled the scene and were stopped by officers.

The injured brother was taken to Baystate Medical Center, where he was treated and released into police custody. Both brothers have been charged with Armed Burglary, Threat to Murder, and Defacement of Real Property.

Springfield Police have determined the shooting to be justified self-defense, saying the resident holds a valid license to carry a firearm.

Says Sgt. Delaney in a statement, “It appears that the Eady brothers were at the wrong house and picked the wrong homeowner to threaten.”

source: Brothers Arrested Following Home Invasion, Shooting - Western Massachusetts Breaking News and First Warning Weather with WGGB.com ABC 40

Another example of why having a Firearm in the house can save your life..

Colpy once said that you really never hear about the incidents where a firearm saves a life.. as a proud member of the NRA, I get stories sent to my Facebook.. I'll make sure to post them on CC. ;)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The defender did not shoot to kill that is evident its the idiots who shoot without
knowing or caring what they are doing. This went by the book apparently so no
John Wayne hero's

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I would say a chest shot is shoot to kill. Just unfortunate the bastard lived to cost taxpayer's a bundle. Expect him to sue the homeowner as a result.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The defender did not shoot to kill that is evident its the idiots who shoot without
John Wayne hero's

DG... are you familiar with the human anatomy and what vital organs reside in the chest cavity?

I would say a chest shot is shoot to kill. .

And 99.99% of the world would agree with you TS!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

SPRINGFIELD (WGGB) – Two brothers are in police custody this morning following an armed home invasion and shooting in Springfield overnight.

According to Sergeant John Delaney, just after midnight, two men began ringing the bell of a home on Webber Street, calling the resident the wrong name, and threatening to “light up the house”. They eventually kicked down the door. The resident was home with their three-year-old daughter at the time. The two men, identified as 24-year-old Jordan Eady and his 22-year-old brother Jason, refused to leave, and advanced on the homeowner who, feeling threatened, shot Jordan in the chest and arm. The Eady brothers then fled the scene and were stopped by officers.

The injured brother was taken to Baystate Medical Center, where he was treated and released into police custody. Both brothers have been charged with Armed Burglary, Threat to Murder, and Defacement of Real Property.

Springfield Police have determined the shooting to be justified self-defense, saying the resident holds a valid license to carry a firearm.

Says Sgt. Delaney in a statement, “It appears that the Eady brothers were at the wrong house and picked the wrong homeowner to threaten.”

source: Brothers Arrested Following Home Invasion, Shooting - Western Massachusetts Breaking News and First Warning Weather with WGGB.com ABC 40

Another example of why having a Firearm in the house can save your life..

Colpy once said that you really never hear about the incidents where a firearm saves a life.. as a proud member of the NRA, I get stories sent to my Facebook.. I'll make sure to post them on CC. ;)

Please do.....there are at the very minimum 253 a day, and there may be 30 times that.....although 19 times out of 20, no shots are fired.

John Wayne hero's

There is no "shoot to kill" in legitimate self defense, only "shoot to stop" the threat, and that shot is centre of mass.....or the chest of someone facing you.