BREAKING:: US Congress approves Keystone XL pipeline, defies Obama

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
US Congress approves Keystone XL pipeline, defies Obama

Washington (AFP) - The US Congress gave final approval Wednesday to the controversial Keystone XL pipeline that would transmit Canadian crude to US refineries, defying President Barack Obama's veto threat.

The House of Representatives voted 270 to 152 to pass the measure authorizing builder TransCanada to immediately begin construction on a long-delayed project Republicans say is a job-generator that boosts US energy independence, but which critics oppose on environmental grounds.

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-co...-222342331.html;_ylt=A86.JyQs2NtUWVUA0CUnnIlQ

MetalFloss!! Bite Me!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Now would be a good time to start building. Time it is done oil prices will be back up.

If we could just get the Canadian government to move on Northern Gateway and Energy East life and the economy would be grand.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Bite what?

If Obamers vetoes this, you'll be biting yourself.

Like I said, you are free to deny the science all you want.

At some point, the policy you don't like will do the talking for you.

Just a matter of time.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
If obummer does veto it there will be real bloodletting at the next election.

Actually, you will see the international community rally behind him like never before.

With plenty of time to the next election and an economy that already outpaces ours in proportional growth, the focus of the next election will be on the environment.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
No he will sign it.. timing is everything... he wants the War Power Bill From Congress, to Fight ISIS passed..

He will sign it.. ;)

But if he does Veto it, it comes back to the House and if they get 280 votes it's passed regardless of his Veto, and Obummer loses. :lol:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
He only has 2 vetoes to date.

Dubya Dubya had 12.

I think you know where the talking points would be going with this.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Actually, you will see the international community rally behind him like never before.

With plenty of time to the next election and an economy that already outpaces ours in proportional growth, the focus of the next election will be on the environment.

What international community? The countries that want to keep selling overpriced oil to the US? people like Putin.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
He only has 2 vetoes to date.

Dubya Dubya had 12.

I think you know where the talking points would be going with this.

Dubya didn't have a Harry Reid type protecting him.

How stupid.

If he doesn't, there will be blood spilled. Fukk the tar sands and the rape and pillage dinosaurs that support them. Capitalism is dead.

What do you do for a living again?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So how much pipe is already stockpiled and how sad that Ontario and Quebec are now going to be getting their products from the US rathet than from the west directly.
What could go wrong when the deal states the US cannot be shut down to feed Ontario?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yea, people like Putin are going to rally behind Obama on a climate change initiative.

That's exactly what I meant.

Keystone XL bill heads to Obama, veto expected - CNN.com

What don't you understand... IF Obummer Vetos the Bill it goes back to the house for another vote..

If they get two-thirds, or 280 votes that would be needed to override a veto, Obama has nothing to say.. it's law.

They got 270, I'm sure they can flip 10 votes in favor if Vetoed.

What could go wrong when the deal states the US cannot be shut down to feed Ontario?

"Let the Eastern bastards freeze in the dark!" (But SAL I have a spare room here in Alberta for ya)

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
They won't get greater than what they have now.

If Obama vetoes it will likely hold.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bite what?

If Obamers vetoes this, you'll be biting yourself.

Like I said, you are free to deny the science all you want.

At some point, the policy you don't like will do the talking for you.

Just a matter of time.

Deny the science of what? What policy? "Just you wait" for what?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
But if he does Veto it, it comes back to the House and if they get 280 votes it's passed regardless of his Veto, and Obummer loses. :lol:

Is it not a two thirds majority in both houses? Check your constitution. The House only got 270 to pass the bill, and the Senate only 62. Neither of those numbers is 2/3. Also, 435 voting members in the House multiplied by 2/3 is 290, not 280.