Treat internet trolls like sex offenders, says anti-Semitism report

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Treat internet trolls like sex offenders, says anti-Semitism report

Online ‘trolls’ who spread racial hatred via social media should have their internet access restricted in the same way as sex offenders are restrained, MPs say.

The All-Party Parliamentary Inquiry into anti-Semitism wants prosecutors to consider using prevention orders against offenders who are “determined” to spread hate crime online.

MPs warned incidents of anti-Semitism online had increased tenfold over the past three years, observing that far-right critics increasingly use anti-Zionist language as a cover for racism.

Other recommendations made in the report include the creation of a government fund to cover the cost of protecting synagogues and a national review of interfaith dialogue.

Anti-Semitic incidents reached an all-time high last year, according to a report by Community Security Trust (CST), an organization which seeks to protect British Jews.

Of the 1,168 recorded incidents, over half took place last July and August, during Israel’s Operation Protective Edge in Gaza.

The parliamentary inquiry interviewed members of the Jewish community in the UK, believing that Jews are in the best position to determine what constitutes anti-Semitism.

Of those interviewed by the parliamentary panel, most believed social media is a greater cause for concern than traditional media.

The inquiry expressed alarm at the worldwide trend of hashtag terms such as “Hitler Was Right” and “Kill the Jews” during July last year at the height of the Gaza conflict.

One tweet highlighted in the report read: “The Jews now are worse than they were in Hitler’s time no wonder he wanted to get rid, right idea!!”

Keyword analysis of Twitter found that the top 35 keywords relating to Jews included “Nazi,” “Hitler,” and “Holocaust.”

The panel also heard from Dr Ben Gidley, an associate professor of Sociology at Oxford University, who said far-right anti-Semitic movements “borrow the language of anti-Zionism as a cover for their racism.”

MPs acknowledged the need for a sophisticated understanding of anti-Semitism, saying that any definition must take into account a number of factors, including the effect of the language.

In an example of the nuances underlying anti-Semitism, the report said that “Free Gaza graffiti may not be problematic but when daubed across a synagogue door it is.”

MPs recommended the government commission research anti-Semitic language in order to educate the wider public.

The inquiry said prosecutors should review whether “determined” perpetrators of hate speech online should be banned from social media.

“There is an allowance in the law for banning or blocking individuals from certain aspects of internet communication in relation to sexual offences,” the report said.

“If it can be proven in a detailed way that someone has made a considered and determined view to exploit various online networks to harm and perpetrate hate crimes against others, then the accepted principles, rules and restrictions that are relevant to sex offences must surely apply.”

Polling conducted by Populus for the inquiry found that 55 percent of Britons felt capable of explaining what anti-Semitism was. That figure dropped to 37 percent for young people aged 18-24.

When asked whether Jews are as loyal to Britain as other citizens, 62 percent felt they were, while seven percent felt they were more loyal to Israel.

Of the 1,001 British adults polled, 80 percent said they believed the murder of four Jews in a Paris kosher supermarket last month was anti-Semitic.

source: http://rt.com/uk/230547-anti-semitism-internet-trolls/

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So, they will put all the Arab and Palestinian hater in jail? 80% of the Brits polled are illiterate morons?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not trying to be insensitive to anybody let alone the Jews but why not leave a dry marker and a white board for 'the frustrated'? Sooner or later bad habits get boring and naturally fade from the pages of time, as they should.

You can't fly 'them' to Vietnam anymore (or anyplace), pictures sometimes back-fire. In Canada you know who will be going missing in higher numbers, again. That certainly opens up a business opportunity at home as long as Interpol loses the right laptop, . . . again. Sometimes I feel so used, lol, oops . . . fuking mic.
Finally, if they are headed for the basement, I can be going the other way, sounds good to me.

The UK Royals can't circle the wagons, look what happened last time. I'll even red myself for that one. There is also the 'spread out' and 'don't bunch-up' commands that helps with survival in 'the wilderness'. The other goal is to try and become less of a pick everyday instead of being a bigger one. If that was the goal there would have been no need to leave in the first place.

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
"Online ‘trolls’ who spread racial hatred via social media should have their internet access restricted in the same way as sex offenders are restrained, MPs say."

Good idea. Leaving the sex offender thing out of it, cause it ain't the same, trolls who spread RACIAL HATRED etc. should be
prosecuted with existing laws, of which there are probably plenty.

Don't forget, this involves prosecuting everyone who says "dirty Jew" or "camel jockey" or "rug head" or "infidel" - on a social media.

Methinks the OP is blowing smoke.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There has been an alarming rise in anti-Semitism, not only in real society in general, with actual anti-Semitic attacks, but also online, on sites like Twitter and Canadiancontent.

In America, for example, anti-Semitism is much more rife than Islamophobia is, even though Muslims pose much more of a threat to America than Jews do.

I also think most modern anti-Semitism in Britain has been imported, being mainly perpetrated by the Muslims.

It's good to see the British Government trying to do something to stamp anti-Semitism out. We don't want Europe to return to the dark days of the 1930s - and we know what that eventually led to - which is where it's currently heading.

How can Jews oppose Muslim anti-Semitism without being ‘Islamophobic’?

2 September 2014
Douglas Murray
The Spectator
328 comments

(Photo: Justin Tallis/Getty)

On Sunday there was a rally in London demanding ‘zero tolerance’ of anti-Semitism. About 4,500 people gathered in front of the Royal Courts of Justice. Speakers who addressed the crowds included the Chief Rabbi, Maajid Nawaz and me.

Among the things I told the crowd was to expect more and to demand more of their ‘communal leadership’. Long-term readers will know that I’ve never had much time for communal leadership of any kind. I don’t like the groups who claim to speak on behalf of all Muslims – groups which disproportionately represent a politicised and fundamentalist hard-line interpretation of their faith. And I don’t like groups that have claimed to have speak for the ‘gay community’ (whatever that is), tending as they do to be leftists who believe anyone identifiably ‘conservative’ is their enemy. Jewish communal leadership is an equally mixed blessing.

Just last week there was an example of how such leadership can be counter-productive to the interests of the community it claims to represent. The Board of Deputies of British Jews (BoD) co-signed a letter with the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB). This letter – which has already attracted a good deal – made it to the front-page of the BBC’s website. It was also the most terrific shot in the communal foot of Britain’s Jewish communities. What the Board of Deputies apparently did not realise in signing a joint letter with the MCB is that it was not only harming the long-term situation of Jews in Britain but also devastatingly undermining moderate and progressive elements within the Muslim communities.

In endorsing the MCB as a legitimate partner, the BoD was doing something that successive British governments have resisted doing. Two of the most powerful objections to the MCB concern its attitudes towards Jews. First, there was its historic decision to boycott Holocaust Memorial Day. Also, in 2009 a senior leader of the MCB was found to have co-signed the ‘Istanbul declaration’, a document which appeared to advocate attacks on British ships should they take any part in the blockade which aims to prevent weaponry being shipped to Hamas-run Gaza. This incident caused the last Labour government to sever ties with the MCB.

So the UK government – acting in part on behalf of British Jews – wherever possible avoids dealing with the MCB. Yet here is a communal ‘leadership’ organisation, which claims to speak for Britain’s Jews, endorsing and working with that very group.

At Sunday’s rally the grassroots anger with the BoD really boiled over. When their names were announced, Vivian Wineman and Laura Marks from the Board of Deputies were booed. Even before they even spoke, a scornful chant went up from the crowd: ‘You need to do more’. Wineman and Marks claimed that the BoD was at the forefront of fighting anti-Semitism. Marks amazingly attempted to prove just how effective the BoD was by proclaiming that initiatives like the joint letter with the MCB ‘don’t just come from nowhere’. Indeed. They come from a communal leadership group intent on signing side-deals with a Muslim organisation that they should shun.

But I do pity Jewish leaders trying to deal with this issue. It isn’t easy. First there is the problem of failing to identify the enemy. On Sunday Maajid Nawaz identified the principal source of anti-Semitism today. It is not the far right, as in the past, but the far left and the Muslim communities. This is true, though it is a subject most Jewish leaders wish to keep a million miles away from.

One of the rabbis who also spoke, Laura Janner-Klausner, tried to summon up the spirit of Cable Street in her remarks. ‘They shall not pass’, she declared. A noble sentiment – and one I wholly support – but the question of ‘who?’ is quite important, isn’t it? Who shall not pass? Nazis? Tick. The British Union of Fascists? Tick. But that was 80 years ago. Who shall not pass today? Surely we need to know before blocking the streets against such a foe?

And even when they do nod to the problem, the Jewish leaders has trouble addressing it. The Chief Rabbi followed the example of the Board of Deputies by condemning ‘anti-Semitism and Islamophobia’ as though they were more or less identical. But they are not. ‘Islamophobia’ remains a nonsense term that encompasses anything felt at any time to offend any Muslim – including facts. Moreover, in its justifiable desire not to appear sectarian, the Jewish leadership can undermine its own cause. Why is that?

Well, no less a witness than the left-wing Muslim firebrand Mehdi Hasan has said that ‘anti-Semitism isn’t just tolerated in some sections of the British Muslim community; it’s routine and commonplace’. Just last year Hasan wrote: ‘Any Muslims reading this article – if they are honest with themselves – will know instantly what I am referring to. It’s our dirty little secret.’ He went on: ‘To be honest, I’ve always been reluctant to write a column such as this. To accuse my fellow Muslims of being soft on the scourge of anti-Semitism isn’t easy; I feel as if I am “dobbing in” the community… [But] as a community, we do have a “Jewish problem”. There is no point pretending otherwise.’

Mehdi Hasan: The editor of The Huffington Post UK and Ed Miliband's biographer

Now this causes a problem, doesn’t it? Because the claim made by most Jewish and non-Jewish mainstream voices is that the Muslim extremists constitute a tiny proportion of the Muslim population in Britain and other Western countries. They maintain that the ‘vast majority’ are overwhelmingly ‘moderate’ and opposed to all such extremist views. Yet when it comes to Jews it would appear – as Hasan implies – that a very large proportion of Muslims, perhaps a majority, are anti-Semitic. So how do Jews oppose Muslim anti-Semitism without being ‘Islamophobic’?

These are difficult waters and ones we are all going to have to navigate. But the booing of the crowds in London at the weekend signalled an interesting shift in opinion over the general ability of these communal groups to do any good. As one Jewish friend I spoke to afterwards put it, were this the 1930s the Board of Deputies would not be standing on Cable Street shouting ‘You shall not pass’. It would be busily doing side-deals with the British Union of Fascists.

How can Jews oppose Muslim anti-Semitism without being 'Islamophobic'? » Spectator Blogs

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Sounds about right to me. We all know that using words to attack somebody is close to the same as diddling children or sexually assaulting a woman.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sounds about right to me. We all know that using words to attack somebody is close to the same as diddling children or sexually assaulting a woman.

Sexually assaulting a female is about the only crime that's taken seriously in the modern PC Western countries, even though there are far worse crimes.

As for namecalling, imagine I went round this forum calling any negroids that might be posting on here "F*cking fried-chicken-loving, thieving, violent, n*gger c*ons straight off the boat from Bongo Bongo Land who should get back onto their Roberstson's jam jars." You'd be the amongst the first people expressing their outrage.

The thing about the Left is that they only hate namecalling against any of their client groups - women, blacks, gays, Muslims, spastics, especially if you're all at the same time - but they don't mind it about anyone else. It's open season on the Christian/Jewish white, heterosexual, able-bodied bloke.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Oh I know. We should let the rapists out of jail to make room for the bubblegum chewers

No. We should just start taking all crimes seriously, not just those involving the sexual assault of a woman. There are far worse crimes, such as murder, yet the PC justice systems of the Western world today take only rape (and rape against a female) seriously nowadays.

Bringing back the death penalty for murder would be a start, as would be outlawing chewing gum and abolishing the smoking ban in pubs.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Funny, the biggest anti-Semites around are Jews and Blackhead with the Boomer coming in a close second. Just because the Zionists hijacked the word a hundred years ago and use it to cover up their crimes against humanity doesn't mean anything Blackhead. A Semitic person is an Arab person. All the rest is pure unadulterated BS.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Sexually assaulting a female is about the only crime that's taken seriously in the modern PC Western countries, even though there are far worse crimes.

As for namecalling, imagine I went round this forum calling any negroids that might be posting on here "F*cking fried-chicken-loving, thieving, violent, n*gger c*ons straight off the boat from Bongo Bongo Land who should get back onto their Roberstson's jam jars." You'd be the amongst the first people expressing their outrage.

The thing about the Left is that they only hate namecalling against any of their client groups - women, blacks, gays, Muslims, spastics, especially if you're all at the same time - but they don't mind it about anyone else. It's open season on the Christian/Jewish white, heterosexual, able-bodied bloke.[/QUOTE

If organisms like you were prosecuted first the percieved problem might be much alieviated.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Funny, the biggest anti-Semites around are Jews and Blackhead with the Boomer coming in a close second.

I'm not an anti-Semite. I like Jews and am a big supporter of Israel.

Just because the Zionists hijacked the word a hundred years ago
Which didn't happen. The term "anti-Semitism" was popularised in Germany in 1873 as a scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred").

A Semitic person is an Arab person. All the rest is pure unadulterated BS.
Antisemitism (also spelled Anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against JEWS as a national, ethnic, religious or racial group. A person who holds such positions is called an "antisemite". As Jews are an ethnoreligious group, antisemitism is generally considered a form of racism.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Bringing back the death penalty for murder would be a start, as would be outlawing chewing gum and abolishing the smoking ban in pubs.

I agree with the death penalty. It's worked so well in the U.S. where the murder rates is near zero now. The eye to an eye mentality also works so well in places like Iran and Saudi Arabia, why would the west not want to follow that lead? I think we should yank out the teeth of anybody caught chewing gum. I haven't get figured out what punishment we should meet out to those refusing to smoke in pubs.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If organisms like you were prosecuted first the percieved problem might be much alieviated.

If organisms like me were prosecuted then there'd be even less people in the world speaking common sense and the word of the ordinary man on the street than there is now, and more people spouting nonsensical dribble, like you and your pals, than there is now.

I agree with the death penalty.

So do I. Hanging should be brought back in England and Wales for any person who kills a child or a police officer.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm not an anti-Semite. I like Jews and am a big supporter of Israel.

Which didn't happen. The term "anti-Semitism" was popularised in Germany in 1873 as a scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred").
You keep right on justifying your antisemitism if it helps you sleep at night.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You keep right on justifying your antisemitism if it helps you sleep at night.

Well, I've already said that I'm not an anti-Semite. I like Jews and am a supporter of Israel, the only free, fully-functioning democracy in the Middle East; the only country in that region with full rights of its peoples regardless of their religion, unlike its Muslim neighbours where non-Muslims are persecuted.

But if you want to keep deluding yourself, go ahead. Ain't my problem.