Trucks targeted on Alberta highway by drive-by shooter

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I was on this highway yesterday when they took this A-Hole down. Moron.

EDMONTON — Several truck drivers suffered a frightening ordeal on a northwest Alberta highway, when their vehicles were shot at by a passing motorist with what was believed to be a firearm.It happened on Highway 43 during Tuesday’s early morning hours.“Someone drove by and shot [my driver’s] windows out when he was driving down the highway,” said Pat Shrode, the owner of Whitecourt trucking company Sniper Services.
The driver was between Fox Creek and Valleyview when his large tanker truck was struck.

“By the time he got to Valleyview, there was four or five other trucks in front of him with the same problem,” Shrode added.
RCMP say at least seven vehicles were damaged and there may be more out there. In one of the incidents, a female semi-truck driver required surgery after being struck in the head by what later turned out to be a pellet.
Shrode’s driver wasn’t injured but the ordeal has left him shaken and without work for a couple days, as he awaits new windows on his truck. His boss thinks it could’ve been much worse, though.
“110 kilometres an hour with a $500,000 tank truck driving down the road…I think it was very reckless.”
“It was dangerous. You can get glass in the eye or get shot in the eye. I can’t believe it.”
RCMP eventually stopped a vehicle near Debolt, located between Grande Prairie and Valleyview, and arrested its driver: 22-year-old Fadi Korkis from Grande Prairie. A pellet gun that is believed to have been used in the offences was later found discarded along Highway 43.
Korkis faces a number of charges including assault with a weapon and impaired operation of a motor vehicle. RCMP are not aware of any apparent motive at this time.
The suspect remains in custody and will have a bail hearing on Friday.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
FFS shoot back!!!

Oh forgot, you're in Canada. :canada: :lol:

Glad they got the shooter...
You haven been off the highway very much, that area has bullet hole in every road sign when you get into that part of the Province.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Tried both have ya?.... :)
Bush roads and interstates? Got pulled over on the 101, once the cops knew we were from Alberta it was reduced to a, 'You guys think you can drive anyway you like down her.' Good thing we were already headed for the border.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
These gun related scenarios seem to be happening more often these last few years.

Oh wells.

At least it's not ISIS.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What a road mind you I remember it a long time ago, like the late sixties
when I lived and did a radio gig at CKYL in Peace River. A long way to
the north d Edmonton. What the hell would possess some fool to do a
thing like this? I hope they get him and punish him setting an example
for other class a idiots