$30,000 raised for pizza delivery man berated by customers over tip Read more: http:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
$30,000 raised for pizza delivery man berated by customers over tip

A fundraising campaign has pulled in more than $30,000 for a Massachusetts pizza delivery man after video showing him being treated shabbily by staff at a car lot went viral online.

When Jarrid Tansey delivered pizza to F and R Auto Sales, a used car dealership in Westport, Mass., staff there handed him two $20 bills and two $5 bills on a $42 tab. After he left, the customers called Tansey’s employer, Pizza Palace, and demanded that he return with the extra cash they had given him.

Surveillance video footage shows Tansey returning to the car dealership and giving back the money. But he asks why they would hand him the extra $5 bill if they didn’t want to provide a tip. Tansey says he even clarified the tip amount before leaving.

“It just doesn’t make sense why you would hand me a bill if you’re just going to have me drive back here to give it back anyway,” Tansey can be heard saying to an unidentified man sitting at a desk.

The man responds by saying that he gave Tansey everything the group had pooled together in “order to get the correct change.”
“So, you gave me a five dollar bill that (I) would have to turn back?” Tansey asks.

The verbal pile-on then begins, with other workers berating and threatening Tansey.

“The manager apologized once for you, do you want him to apologize again for you?” the man at the desk says, before threatening to shame Tansey by releasing the security footage of the conversation.

As Tansey leaves the room, a female staff member can be heard saying, “Out the door before I put my foot in your ***.”
According to news reports, the video of the incident was originally posted on YouTube and was later made private – but not before the internet caught on.

In the wake of the video’s release, the dealership has reportedly been flooded with negative comments on online business reviews, including on Yelp.

A copy of the original video posted on the GoFundMe page had more than 600,000 views on YouTube by Sunday evening.
“I believe Jarrid should be rewarded for dealing with such crappy people,” the GoFundMe webpage read. “Even if it is $1, it will make up (maybe a little) for him having to deal with idiots like this.”

After racking up more than $30,000, the online campaign was closed for donations, reportedly at the request of Tansey himself.

In a statement, F and R Auto Sales issued a public apology to Tansey “for the actions that led to this situation, this embarrassing video gone viral on the internet.”

The statement also said that the dealership owner was not present during the incident, and that the female worker who insulted Tansey has been fired.

“The other gentleman that was belittling the man in the video was not an employee of F and R Auto Sales and had no permission or authorization to release any security footage,” the statement read.

source: $30,000 raised for pizza delivery man berated by customers over tip | CTV News

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdsfNo-mC0

LOL looks like the girl had the foot put up her azz, fired and out the door. Looks good on her.

https://twitter.com/fandrautosales

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
$30,000....for what? Having a dickwad customer? Don't get me wrong, douchebags at the auto dealers deserved their comeuppance, 100%. And they got it. The morons uploaded the video themselves, were judged and summarily chastised by the denizens of the world wide web. Fired and forced to apologize publicly. That's their punishment.

But $30,000 for what essentially boils down to a bad day at work, hell just a bad evening really, not even a whole day. It just seems disproportionate.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
. . . if the delivery guy seems a bit rude he is probably filming you in the hopes you have a short fuse. . . .

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
$30,000....for what? Having a dickwad customer? Don't get me wrong, douchebags at the auto dealers deserved their comeuppance, 100%. And they got it. The morons uploaded the video themselves, were judged and summarily chastised by the denizens of the world wide web. Fired and forced to apologize publicly. That's their punishment.

But $30,000 for what essentially boils down to a bad day at work, hell just a bad evening really, not even a whole day. It just seems disproportionate.

Oh stop FFS. I'da kept the fund open. Trip to Cuba, eh.........;-)

.........some new socks

........ a new brick to heave at the bitch with the foot.

.........guy/gal can do a lot with 30 large. ( I like that expression - sounds like Mafia, eh.........)

And they say Canadians are cheap.............:lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Oh stop FFS. I'da kept the fund open. Trip to Cuba, eh.........;-)

.........some new socks

........ a new brick to heave at the bitch with the foot.

.........guy/gal can do a lot with 30 large. ( I like that expression - sounds like Mafia, eh.........)

And they say Canadians are cheap.............:lol:

Sorry but no, it's a rather grotesque use of a resource that could be so much better used elsewhere. Were I in the delivery guy's shoes, I'd be mortified and in no way would I be able to keep the money.

How come there are never any viral videos of people who've lost their homes? Or require medical treatment that's too far away for them to manage? Yeah there are a lot of people who are the cause of their own misery but there are also a lot who just got dealt a really bad hand and can use some help. Where are their kickstarter funds?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Where are their kickstarter funds?
Ambulance chasing lawyer waiting to slap the civil suit on them after they plead guilty to some criminal charges. I would suggest that wait until the donations are down to a trickle cause that will cause it by itself.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Power of the internet. I hope the guy gives half to charity.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Thirty grand is a touch high I admit, exposure of idiots is the main event here
these people set up a video strip to put on the net to show how clever they
are and it backfired. This time the bully ended up with the smack in the head
alls well that ends well