Michael Moore: I Was Taught Snipers Were "Cowards"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yes...I know...this fat greasy bastard is still alive and trying to remain relevant by picking Eastwood's nits because they're mortal political enemies and all like that.

Anyway, rah-rah, 'Merica and all that jingo but remember, Jesse Ventura (former UDT) won $1.8 million from Kyle's estate and there may be more to come. I'm no Moore fan, war is war and hero is an overused word.

So, here's sweaty Moore followed by a very good review of this movie and detailed background on Kyle and his stories:

Michael Moore: I Was Taught Snipers Were "Cowards" - The Hollywood Reporter

American Sniper: A Review — Michael McCaffrey

Truth, Justice and the Curious Case of Chris Kyle — Michael McCaffrey

related:

Embrace Hollywood!

Now is the time at SDA when we juxtapose!

Michael Moore, 2004 - "Democrats need to embrace Hollywood because this is where they need to come to learn how to tell a story."

Michael Moore et al, 2014 - "WAAAAAAHHHHHH! I hate American Sniper! I hate it I hate it I hate it and it's gross!!!!"

Embrace Hollywood! - Small Dead Animals

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Just the ones that intentionally miss the first 3 shots. Killing is one thing, making the target tired before is just being cruel.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Seth Rogen Shoots Down American Sniper

Seth Rogen Shoots Down American Sniper

As the war drama smashes box office records, Rogen says it reminds him of Nazi propaganda and Michael Moore calls snipers cowards.

American Sniper topped the US box office over the weekend with a record-smashing $90m, but Hollywood is split over Clint Eastwood's war drama.

Seth Rogen likened it to Nazi propaganda and Michael Moore called snipers "cowards", while Jane Fonda praised it.

The Oscar-nominated American Sniper is the story of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, the most lethal marksman in US military history. He is played by Bradley Cooper.

Critics say the movie glorifies war and fails to address the failures of American's Iraq campaign, while supporters see it as an honest examination of the toll the fighting takes on veterans.

"American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that's showing in the third act of Inglourious Basterds," tweeted Rogen.

The actor, who drew his share of controversy with The Interview about a plot to assassinate the North Korean leader, was referring to a fake Nazi propaganda movie seen in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds.

Moore, the documentary-maker best known for Bowling For Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11, tweeted: "My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse."

Rob Lowe wondered in a tweet: "He's kidding, right?"

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a Republican, tweeted: "Michael Moore should spend a few weeks with ISIS and Boko Haram. Then he might appreciate @AmericanSniper. I am proud of our defenders."

Fonda said the movie was "powerful" and wrote: "Bravo Clint Eastwood."

With its $90m (£59m) takings, American Sniper broke the record for a January weekend as well as for any drama opening ever.

It virtually doubled industry expectations after expanding to some 3,500 screens from just a handful of movie theatres the day after scoring six Oscar nominations, including best actor for Cooper, who plays a Navy Seal sharpshooter.

source: Seth Rogen Shoots Down American Sniper

I think Seth Rogen should stick to acting, which he is NOT very good at and stay out of politics..

His stupid film could be classed as classic McCarthyism.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=99k3u9ay1gs

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
Re: Seth Rogen Shoots Down American Sniper

It's a flick to mobilize sh it heads for conscription into the next to last war.

I know everything to you is a comment after snorting, but did you see the movie? I highly doubt, it doesn't glorify war AT ALL, in fact its the exact opposite.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

what a bunch of dumb feminist bleeding harts we have become.

Without soldiers to defend our rights to be dumb feminist bleeding harts, dumb feminist bleeding harts would not even exist.

Our country can exists because we have the military strength to repelle & counter attack.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

what a bunch of dumb feminist bleeding harts we have become.

Without soldiers to defend our rights to be dumb feminist bleeding harts, dumb feminist bleeding harts would not even exist.

Our country can exists because we have the military strength to repelle & counter attack.
BS! The US military is and has always been the aggressor and/or provocateur of every conflict they have engaged in since WW11. There is no defending of anything going on. You silly conservative types, I fart in your general direction.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

BS! The US military is and has always been the aggressor and/or provocateur of every conflict they have engaged in since WW11. There is no defending of anything going on. You silly conservative types, I fart in your general direction.

When you're the alpha male you have to rule with a iron fist less the others forget their place.

You're just one of those feminist men,
Run along now, go play with the little girls.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

Meanwhile leave it to the real men to make sure we remain the worlds alpha male.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

When you're the alpha male you have to rule with a iron fist less the others forget their place.

You're just one of those feminist men,
Run along now, go play with the little girls.
And you are some macho jerk with small pecker syndrome. Go get a Pecker extension little man.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

And you are some macho jerk with small pecker syndrome. Go get a Pecker extension little man.

Thank you, beats being a litte feminist bleeding hart like you.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
*threads merged

" Pulls out the popcorn "

See unlike you I realize we all benefit from being on top, and I enjoy those benefits.

You and you're feminist bleeding harts have no idea. Clueless. Oblivious of how the real world works.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Make somebody give the speech on the steps of some building in any big city and if he looks past the local crowd he is looking for a sniper cause they scare the **** out of him.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
This is why I ask you to go back to playing with the little girls.
Go change a diaper girly man