Must be Global Warming? California Snowstorm Strands 180 Motorists

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
California Snowstorm Strands 180 Motorists

Some 150 vehicles had to be towed off the road as many motorists abandoned their cars during the highway whiteout.

Firefighters have rescued more than 180 drivers who were stranded during a winter storm in Southern California.

Emergency crews used snowmobiles to help 136 motorists who were stuck on a highway in the San Bernardino Mountains, about 70 miles (110km) from Los Angeles.

Another 50 marooned drivers were rescued near the Mount Baldy ski area.

The larger group of motorists were trapped in more than 1ft (30cm) of snow amid high winds on Highway 138.

Many of the drivers abandoned their cars and walked to their homes or nearby shelters.

At least 150 vehicles had to be towed off the road during the night's operation, said California Highway Patrol.

Firefighters transported about 50 motorists to a church in the community of Crestline, where Red Cross workers provided aid.

Other motorists were able to drive away as snow ploughs cleared the road.

No injuries or serious collisions were reported.

Rescue operations were completed by about 3am local time on Wednesday, the authorities said.

The National Weather Service forecasts further snow across the region, with even parts of usually balmy Los Angeles County expected to see up to 5in.

source: California Snowstorm Strands 180 Motorists

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The O.P. makes me want to look up cartoons of "The Donner Party." Is that wrong?

Yeah but this is NOT Donner Pass, it's much, much further south.. San Bernardino Mountains by Palm Springs, CA. As a truck driver I would take this route in the winter to avoid the snow.. :lol:

This should help the California drought which is good. Altitude sure can screw up a weekend.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I haven't seen one vehicle yet in most of the blizzard pic that would be solved by putting on some cheap *** chains. 1 loop per wheel whill be bumpy up to about 10mph but after that it gets smoother the faster you go. Bald tires might need 2 on each driving wheel. If the state picked up the tab then all emergency crews would carry 100's of them that could be fitted to a wheel in just seconds so the lines on the main roads keep moving and the metal beats the ice into nothing but bare asphalt.

Only if you are thinking of it in terms of dinner party of twelve.
The packaging suggests it is a take out order.

The O.P. makes me want to look up cartoons of "The Donner Party." Is that wrong?
It only comes in cartoon form so no sweat.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Doesn't everyone know that Climate Scientists have declared 2014 the warmest year on record.

2014 Officially the Warmest Year on Record - NBC News

I just think a lot of people just don't want to get in spirit of climate cult... everything must be accepted on faith in the AGW high priesthood. Ignore those 6 foot drifts, buried cities, frozen pipes.. the illuminati have spoken.

Last edited: