Student Shows No Sympathy for Ambushed Cops and Her Critic Is Attacked

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The freedom of, the freedom to, the right to free...oh whatever.

As I watched, with tears in my eyes, the funeral of New York City police officer Rafael Ramos who was ambushed along with fellow officer, Wenjian Liu, in revenge for the deaths of two black young men who were killed by policemen, I could not help thinking of the following horrible words tweeted by a bigoted young woman named Khadijah Lynch, on the day the police officers were murdered in cold blood:

"I have no sympathy for the NYPD officers who were murdered today. IMAO, all I just really don’t have sympathy for the cops who were shot. I hate this racist, f…ing country."

Khadijah Lynch is a Brandeis University junior who at the time she wrote the tweet was the undergraduate representative in the Brandeis African and Afro-American studies department.

Nor was this her first bigoted tweet. She has apparently described her college as "a social themed institution grounded in Zionism. Word. That a f…ing fanny dooly."

And she cannot understand why "black people have not burned this country down."

She describes herself as being "in riot mode. F… this f…ing country."

She has apparently said that she would like to get a gun and has called for an intifada: "Amerikkka needs an intifada. Enough is enough. ... What the f… even IS 'non-violence'. "

Ms. Lynch is certainly entitled to express such despicable views — either in public or in private — just as Nazis, Klansmen, and other bigots are entitled to express theirs.

But when another Brandeis student, named Daniel Mael, decided to post her public tweets on a website, Lynch threatened to sue him for "slander."

Republishing someone’s published words could not possibly constitute slander, libel, or any other form of defamation, because you can’t be slandered by your own words.

You can, of course, be embarrassed, condemned, ostracized or "unfriended" by your own words, as Donald Sterling, the former of the L.A .Clippers, was. But Sterling's bigoted words were never intended to be public, whereas Lynch’s tweets were publicly circulated.
People, even students, are responsible for the words they write, speak, or tweet in public. They should not be able to hide behind absurd claims of slander.

Moreover, other students have the right to know that one of their classmates is advocating intifada against America and is considering getting a gun. They are entitled to have this information in order to judge the character of those with whom they associate.

Lynch has now apparently made her Twitter profile private, which may be even more dangerous because she can continue to express her incendiary views to those who support them, without others being made aware of her dangerous advocacy.

Mael had the right — and was right — to expose Lynch’s public words for assessment and criticism.

Now hard left students at Brandeis are calling for Mael’s head – or at least his expulsion – for exercising his freedom of expression. He has been accused of "stalking," "cyberbullying, and "inciting racial hatred and oppression" for merely republishing what Lynch published.

The most remarkable statement came from the Brandeis Asian American Society. One of the assassinated officers was Asian American. Yet the Asian American Society "stands by" Lynch, who in their view has been "wrongfully targeted and harassed" for expressing lack of sympathy for the two assassinated police officers. They asserted Lynch's right to speak freely --- a right no one has disputed – but not Mael's right to publish her public tweets, which is also a form of free expression.

So welcome to the topsy-turvy world of the academic hard left, where bigoted speech by fellow hard leftists is protected, but counter expression is labeled as "harassment," "incitement," and "bullying." Imagine how different the reaction of these same radical students would be if a white supporter of the KKK had written comparably incendiary tweets.

I hope Brandeis will do the right thing this time, as it certainly did not do when it caved to hard left pressures to withdraw an honorary degree from Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Free speech for me but not for thee cannot become the operative motto of a great university.

There is every indication that Brandeis will be according protection to Mael and defending his freedom of expression and that it will guarantee the safety of all of its students against other students who go beyond advocacy of violence and try to bring guns onto the campus.

I would hope that Brandeis would also express opposition to the kind of bigotry expressed by Khadijah Lynch and those who support her views.

Alan Dershowitz: Brandeis Student Shows No Sympathy for Ambushed Cops and Her Critic Is Attacked

more

Student Leader: 'No Sympathy' for Executed NYPD Officers | Truth Revolt

The Jewish Press » » A War of Words (Some More Accurate Than Others) at Brandeis

Daniel Mael: Badge of Courage at Brandeis | FrontPage Magazine

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well that's a lot of words and huffing over the one opinion of some random Junior University Student whom wouldn't have otherwise gotten anymore attention than any other dumbazz in her position and level of intelligence.

The person who wrote this has gotten all riled up over some kid who hardly stepped out of high school & the mentality that came with it, and gave her more attention than she ever deserved in the first place.

The writer clearly knows their textbook layout of the story to try and get others to agree with them and to take this as seriously as he/she does..... "As I watched with tears in my eyes..."

Seriously? I'm supposed to swallow that sub-emotional dribble? Yeah sure, it's a tragic situation where cops were ambushed and gunned down. Cops who were possibly good people with families and loved ones, I understand 100%.... But I'm supposed to believe this person writing this was truly welling up over someone he/she most likely never met in person, let alone knows nothing else about the officer except what they caught on some 2 min blurb on the news?

Secondly, he/she had gotten so upset about this kid's random and ignorant rants on the internet that he/she had to make everybody aware of it.

Anybody with a brain would see from her own writing that she doesn't have a lot of intelligence going on in that head of hers. Her writing and grammar is sh*t and that's exhibit A regarding how much attention she deserves, which is none.

Exhibit B would be the fact that she was planning to sue someone for reposting/quoting what she said and labeling it as slander. Obviously she's pretty frigging stupid and doesn't have a case and yet here this person is, going on and on about how bad she is and what an injustice, despite them acknowledging that she doesn't have a case (which means there isn't a problem worth mentioning)

She's just another in a long list of dumbazz kids straight out of high school, into University and now think their limited opinions are magically worth something.... When in reality it's just that attention seeking wh0rish gimmick everybody goes through at that age when they think they're an important person people should listen to simply because they're in a post secondary education course.

What's worse is that this clown writing on about sobbing over a funeral of someone they know nothing about is seeking their own kind of attention by blowing this out to be more than it is.... Over someone else seeking attention.

There are azzclowns all over the world and they all have their opinions that don't mesh with others which usually offend one or more people... Why does this turd think this other turd deserves my or anybody else's attention?

That indeed is why I'm still in this thread writing all of this... I am interested in why this writer thinks I should give a sh*t about this ignorant little brat's posting on the internet over every other clown out there who posts stuff on the internet.

Seriously, if this person gets that upset and offended about what some random Joe blow posts on the internet then they best stay clear of internet forums or other online communities like the Steam Community. If I got as upset as he/she has over things posted on the net, I simply wouldn't put myself through it and wouldn't be here right now. I'd probably take up knitting.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Lefty Liberal Democrats once again spewing racist hate speech and threatening violence.

...silence from the left again...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Lefty Liberal Democrats once again spewing racist hate speech and threatening violence.

...silence from the left again...

and we certainly can't criticize that mouthy mental midget, nor repost her public rants.

because, racism or george bush or some such sh!t. :lol: