Obama breaks through economic barrier!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just heard on C.B.C. news that the U.S. economy is growing fastest in over a decade. Right now it's growing at 5% per annum, higher than any year since 2003. Smart people never doubted the strength and wisdom of Obama. We should send Harper down to Washington for some lessons.

Third-quarter U.S. economic growth strongest in 11 years | Reuters

No use "red negging" the messenger, Walter, I just passed on what is being reported in the news. Those news moguls have the responsibility to check it out! I guess it don't coincide with "right wing" thinking (if in fact thinking is the correct term) :)

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
What role does Quantitative Easing by the Fed play in the economic news?

Isn't it ironic that the Green Energy President is presiding over a gusher of oil and gas from fracking on private lands while he prohibits the practice on federal lands?

Doesn't Obama oppose the Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada?

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
This 5% GDP growth understates how well the U.S. economy has done under Obama, in my opinion. Back in 2009-10, when the Great Recession ended, quarterly GDP growth went from something like -3% to +3% (a swing of 6%) within about three quarters.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The economy of America was bound to rebound as long as they stuck to the plan
which they apparently did. America growing again is good news. The 2008 mess
was not Obama it was the mess left behind. The banks and car companies were
jobs that no one could afford to lose. I am not a fan of the big banks but it was a
necessary fact of life whine if one will but Japan didn't save the economy back in
1982 and they still never recovered. This will make people feel better going into
the next election. Mid terms don't favor governments they are protest votes so
lets wait for the main event and hope like hell the Republicans under the spell of
the JC crowd don't win.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
This has more to do with many boomers unlocking pension plan money, and freeing up their jobs, then anything Obama has done.

The next big financial barrier will be when all those houses the boomers own go for sale. Around 2030 house prices will crash for 5 years then recover .

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Mid terms don't favor governments they are protest votes so
lets wait for the main event and hope like hell the Republicans under the spell of
the JC crowd don't win.

The mid-terms that you said the GOP was going to get flushed from congress.

You know absolutely nothing about US politics.

What role does Quantitative Easing by the Fed play in the economic news?

Pretty much everything.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Don't trust GDP numbers.. they've been fixed to include any number of futile and nonproductive economic activities. They are completely different than the industrial focused indicators of 40 years ago. A lot of paper pushing and trading on Wall Street does not create real, productive and popularly shared wealth.

The general trend in all Western economies has been constant for at least 3 decades. Dis-assembly of manufacturing capacity and industrial integrity, a steady impoverishment of vast sectors of the former 'middle class', destruction of the workplace environment, imposition of regressive tax regimes that stunt demand and reward speculation with virtually untaxed and grotesque enrichment.

These minor up ticks are like a bouncing ball on a downward staircase.. falling then rebounding but never achieving the height of the last apex. We are in the midst of massive speculative con game run by a criminal and parasitic element in the world's financial and trading markets... and they are in complete control of the hustle.

Last edited:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Don't trust GDP numbers.. they've been fixed to include any number of futile and nonproductive economic activities. They are completely different than the industrial focused indicators of 40 years ago. A lot of paper pushing and trading on Wall Street does not create real, productive and popularly shared wealth.

The general trend in all Western economies has been constant for at least 3 decades. Dis-assembly of manufacturing capacity and industrial integrity, a steady impoverishment of vast sectors of the former 'middle class', destruction of the workplace environment, imposition of regressive tax regimes that stunt demand and reward speculation with virtually untaxed and grotesque enrichment.

These minor up ticks are like a bouncing ball on a downward staircase.. falling then rebounding but never achieving the height of the last apex. We are in the midst of massive speculative con game run by a criminal and parasitic element in the world's financial and trading markets... and they are in complete control of the hustle.

I don't think it's a con game or a criminal or parasitic elements.

I think its just in-perfect human nature playing innocent living in denial,wishful thinking on behalf of the world 's financial trading market. And if we we're in the same situation you and I I'd bet you big money we would act in the same way.

Not because we are evil. Simply because we are human. Humans lie even to themselves in the face of failure.

Last edited: