North Korea knocked offline

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
North Korea knocked offline

North Korea has been knocked offline, news reports say.

The outages to the secretive nation's four official Internet networks began Sunday and as of Monday all were totally offline, Bloombergreported.

North Korea's Internet access is routed through China. However, who is behind the outages is unknown.

On Friday, President Obama said he would "respond proportionately" to the cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, which the FBI confirmed was launched by North Korea.

However he was very clear Sunday that the hacking was not an act of war. Speaking on CNN's State of the Union, he said "I think it was an act of cyber vandalism that was very costly, very expensive. We take it very seriously. We will respond proportionately."

On Sunday North Korea's National Defense Commission threatened military strikes against the United States, "the ill-famed cesspool of injustice" in its words, in response to the accusation that it was behind the hack attack.

In a statement, it said, "The army and people of the DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) are fully ready to stand in confrontation with the U.S. in all war spaces including cyber warfare space to blow up those citadels.

North Korea has consistently denied involvement in the attack, which included threats made to theaters and moviegoers who went to see the the Sony film The Interview, a CIA spoof centered around a plot to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Sony pulled the movie last week, but Sony lawyers said on Sunday that it would be released, perhaps as a free streaming movie.

source: Reports: North Korea knocked offline

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
the only problem is it cuts everyone off...everyone so we don't know what is going on inside either

So far as I know no one outside of the government had access to the internet anyway so its not like we would have been getting much from it. Of course I suppose it is possible that there are a couple tech savvy citizens who have managed to get on without the government's permission or knowledge.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So far as I know no one outside of the government had access to the internet anyway so its not like we would have been getting much from it. Of course I suppose it is possible that there are a couple tech savvy citizens who have managed to get on without the government's permission or knowledge.
it wouldn't surprise me although he keeps his people malnourished in the extreme and we know the brain can't function well without nutrition...still people manage to achieve extraordinary acts everyday

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I remember the days when the Republic of Albania made such rantings too.
Korea would last about an hour before they were destroyed by some very
unpleasant weapons. America could easily wipe them out as they don't have
any oil or things of value like the Middle East. But then as we get western
oil on the grid we won't need the middle east either

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
...as long as Kimmie's piddled in some Chinese corn flakes, "easily wipe them out" might be more than a boast from the early fifties. Remember: Japan is within reach - and the little freak hates everybody

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
China won't allow the DPRK to go down. North Korea is useful to the Chinese.

Not so much anymore. Kim Jong Un purged most of the contacts China had in the government since he has been in power. Lately even they havent been on good terms.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Read this:

“If the U.S. government was going to do something, it would not be so blatant and it would be way worse,” he said. “This could just be someone in the U.S. who is ticked off because they’re unable to see the movie.”

LOL, NK taken out by some poor US citizen who's ticked off!

Poor little kimmy

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Read this:

“If the U.S. government was going to do something, it would not be so blatant and it would be way worse,” he said. “This could just be someone in the U.S. who is ticked off because they’re unable to see the movie.”

LOL, NK taken out by some poor US citizen who's ticked off!

Poor little kimmy
I agree
I don't think it's the government I do think it's someone showing what they are capable of...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I agree
I don't think it's the government I do think it's someone showing what they are capable of...

Imagine being little kimmy and having some regular joe take out your whole internet? He's probably watching each and every face of his cabinet looking for a smirk. Mean while the whole of the internet is lol'g at his expense.

too funny.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Imagine being little kimmy and having some regular joe take out your whole internet? He's probably watching each and every face of his cabinet looking for a smirk. Mean while the whole of the internet is lol'g at his expense.

too funny.
well he is psycho so it's fair to say he will be mad

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
well he is psycho so it's fair to say he will be mad

Maybe as a christmas gift to the world, he'll just up and have a heart attack? This can't be doing his blood pressure any good.