Glasgow crash kills at least six: Garbage truck plows into crowd at George Square

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Glasgow crash kills at least six: Garbage truck plows into crowd at George Square

Several people were killed when a trash truck crashed into a group of pedestrians in a busy shopping area in Glasgow Monday, police say.

The death toll stands at at least six, according to Sky News.

Police closed the area around George Square and Queen Street, near a Christmas market in the centre of Scotland’s largest city.

Firefighters also rushed to the scene, according to emergency services Twitter posts.

There was nothing to suggest a terror attack, a spokeswoman for Scotland Police said by phone. Police declined to confirm the number of dead or injured.

The trash truck began to strike pedestrians outside the city’s modern art gallery and then crashed into the Millennium Hotel, police said in a statement.

Police assured the media that the crash was an accident.

“With all the drama of these people may be alarmed and believed it to be something other than what we believe it to be,” Superintendent Stewart Carle of Police Scotland told the BBC.

“It is a road traffic collision with multiple fatalities. It is a terrible incident but we don’t believe there is anything at this juncture that is sinister about the accident.”

source: Glasgow crash kills at least six: Garbage truck plows into crowd at George Square | National Post

I hope this was an accident and not terrorism.. either way, 6 people dead, what a very sad tragedy.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Even though you forgot the words and are trying to be sarcastic you are nevertheless correct except for the black part.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Even though you forgot the words and are trying to be sarcastic you are nevertheless correct except for the black part.
I forgot the words?

which words did i forget...I thought you just pressed the wrong button, I expected to see a red

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's happened again??

Man rams van into Christmas market in western France

A man driving a van ploughed into a crowd strolling through a Christmas market in Nantes in western France on Monday evening, injuring 10 people, an official at the local prefecture told Reuters.

Five people suffered serious injuries, including the driver, the official said.

According to local newspaper Ouest France, citing a police officer and witnesses on the scene, the driver of the white van shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest" in Arabic) and then stabbed himself with a knife.

The Christmas market was evacuated and secured by police, a Reuters witness reported.

The Automobile, the newest lethal weapon.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I am wondering about Sidney on New Years Eve....and I wonder if this is targeted or rogue

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Times Square with a van packed with explosives : Happy New Year!!!! 8O

That's some fireworks.
yes but remember some Muslims had given tips that they had been warned to stay away from Sydney on New Years Eve...

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Don't let's miss a chance to defend muslims or other coloured folk...even though so far in this thread nobody has attacked them....after all it is the politically correct way....

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
...because we all know all Muslims are evil.

No just their warped throwback ideology.

Hanging for being Homosexual.

Stoning women

Terrorism

Rear-end heavy and no brake limiter (and maybe a schedule to maintain) on wet roads? Plenty of reasons for a truck to go wild other than terrorist activity

Of course the Liberals want to defend Islam.. I get it.. you look at the world in rose colored glasses.

Yes it would be nice if there was no war, no hunger, and no starvation, no disease and everyone got along. But we don't live in a fairy tail, we live in the real world... so snap out of it. ;)

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
leave it to dumbass to make a story about which has nothing to do with muslims to be about muslims

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
leave it to dumbass to make a story about which has nothing to do with muslims to be about muslims
Let's see who were the first to mention muslims in this thread?????

Post # 2
So, who do we blame for this? Obama, Muslims, or the EU?
Post #6
mmmmmmmmmmmm, not necessarily....let's see if he is Muslim or black...then it's the truck driver's fault

Now are you seriously gonna call those members islamophobes? you dumbass apologist???