Tonight is the longest night of the year!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
the longest night in my career was sitting through joseph and his stupid amazing technicolour dreamjacket...goddamn that was painful...and men my age already have the inherent dislike of that rat bastard donny osmosis...but there he was, glittery and shiny and singin' away, teeth glowing, ladies throwing sensible panties...it was nauseating.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
90 days to Spring

the longest night in my career was sitting through joseph and his stupid amazing technicolour dreamjacket...goddamn that was painful...and men my age already have the inherent dislike of that rat bastard donny osmosis...but there he was, glittery and shiny and singin' away, teeth glowing, ladies throwing sensible panties...it was nauseating.

The one with Donny Osmand? I had to sit through it too. 1990 I think it was.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

What ya do for love.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
90 days to Spring

if you saw a very handsome, well endowed man in the audience (not in the audience by choice :() it could have been me sitting with my 2 older sisters. ;) :) :cool:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
90 days to Spring

*sigh*

yes, that one. the wife even had to meet the little prick after the show. it was raining out back the pantages or princess of wales or wherever it was for added fun when the pics and (excuse me) autograph was had.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
*sigh*

yes, that one. the wife even had to meet the little prick after the show. it was raining out back the pantages or princess of wales or wherever it was for added fun when the pics and (excuse me) autograph was had.

QE Theater Vancouver for me. A horrible thing to go through just to get laid. I was still single and 21 or 22 at that time. It was worth it in the end.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
if you saw a very handsome, well endowed man in the audience (not in the audience by choice :() it could have been me sitting with my 2 older sisters. ;) :) :cool:

lol

now spammy, how do you suppose anyone would notice that?

you weren't giving Donny a standing-O by any chance? heh heh

no doubt both loc and petros would rather their wives preferred your package over Donny Osmond's

but can ya sing?

somebody help me help me help me plee-ee-ee-eeze

please stop staring at my junk

I know
they just can't help it

but I'm not that kind of hunk

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
QE Theater Vancouver for me. A horrible thing to go through just to get laid. I was still single and 21 or 22 at that time. It was worth it in the end.

that was my second go at 'theatre'...first was Phantom (which I'll give higher marks to) but chrissakes, after the sweatshirts, t-shirts, cassette tapes, 3 buck bottled water from the aisle stewardess off the trolley and all the rest of the capitalist crap, I ate KD for a month. oh, and that was one of those front of the line amex ticket (4th row I think, the chandelier dropped well back behind us somewhere - house seats snagged the first few) sets too...ka-ching baby.

I had more fun up in the standing room nosebleed section of northlands coliseum for Van Halen...mind you, I think weed was frowned upon at the Pantages...could be part of the phantom/dreamcoat problem there.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You didn't have enough balls to say no to Donnie Osmand. That's pathetic. OK maybe the woman was special.

It's the shortest day.

It begins.
"O little town of Bethlehem,​
How still we see thee lie;"​
477​
And perhaps no single chant has ever so powerfully inclined the shallow and boisterous western mind to a moment of real reverence and devotion as the lines of Franz Grueber’s Silent Night, Holy Night, sung at midnight of December 24. For the Christ mind was born in the midnight stillness--of evolution.
This dead stoppage of all motion in evolution received a dramatization in one of the Apocryphal Gospels in so graphic a form and so laden with significant implications for all religion that we are constrained to reprint it here. It is an entire chapter from The Protevangelium or Gospel of James. It reveals that the Nativity scene was so obviously a drama that one speculates whether this fact does not supply an all-sufficient reason for its being kept out of the official canon of New Testament books. The recondite meaning of the solstice pause and motionlessness had somehow to be represented in the stage play. It was depicted thus:
1. And leaving her [Mary] and his sons in the cave, Joseph went forth to seek a Hebrew midwife in the village of Bethlehem.
2. But as I was going (said Joseph) I looked up into the air and I saw clouds astonished, and the fowls of the air stopping in the midst of their flight.
3. And I looked down toward the earth and I saw a table spread, and working people sitting around it, but their hands were upon the table and they did not move to eat.
4. They who had meat in their mouths did not eat.
5. They who had lifted their hands up to their heads did not draw them back.
6. And they who lifted them up to their mouths did not put anything in.
7. But all their faces were fixed upwards.
8. And I beheld the sheep dispersed, and yet the sheep stood still.
9. And the shepherd lifted up his hand to smite them, and his hand continued up.
10. And I looked into a river and saw the kids with their mouths close to the water, and touching it, but they did not drink.
Here is represented the sudden stoppage of all motion in the field of nature and human life. The sons of men, typed as crude working people, below; the birds of the air, symbol as ever of the divine soul, above; and both suddenly motionless. The sheep and their shepherd,
478​
repeating the same classification--and all caught by the stasis, or standstill of evolution! It is drama.
The New Testament parable of the wise and foolish virgins contains a most direct reference to the midnight pause: "At midnight arose the cry, The Bridegroom cometh."
And an

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
that was my second go at 'theatre'...first was Phantom (which I'll give higher marks to) but chrissakes, after the sweatshirts, t-shirts, cassette tapes, 3 buck bottled water from the aisle stewardess off the trolley and all the rest of the capitalist crap, I ate KD for a month. oh, and that was one of those front of the line amex ticket (4th row I think, the chandelier dropped well back behind us somewhere - house seats snagged the first few) sets too...ka-ching baby.

I had more fun up in the standing room nosebleed section of northlands coliseum for Van Halen...mind you, I think weed was frowned upon at the Pantages...could be part of the phantom/dreamcoat problem there.
Daylight
See the dew on the sunflower
And the rose that is fading....

*shudders*

My wife loves musicals and if my gay brother doesn't go with her I have no choice.

I'll be honest, I really enjoyed The Lion King.

Van Halen 1 2 or 84?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
that some kinda bagpipes tattoo?

I'm trying to remember the theme, I enjoyed it though

it was something I wouldn't normally listen too but enjoyed with the better graphics. sumthing like that

The women make it worthwhile. Nothing better than good ole nudity to get a guy to take a spouse or date.

Yes nudity is good, in the summer or late spring. It's a lie though, Donnie was a lie, Slave, you sold your soul for a woman

We are aware at this time of year of the celestial clock. Every minute of light is precious. I'm solar powered, i'm an older panel though, the plunge into this extended period of light depravation , my leaves are withered.