Former liberal candidate charged with sexual assault

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

our neckbeard scumbag

A former Liberal party candidate in the June provincial election, and French River's clerk and chief administrative officer, faces some serious charges today. This Wednesday the OPP Noelville Detachment launched an investigation into a report of a sexual assault.

As a result, Sebastien Goyer, 35, of Noelville has been charged with sexual assault and criminal harassment.

He was released on a Promise to Appear and Officer-In-Charge Undertaking to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Sudbury, on January 28.

Goyer has resigned as French River's chief administrative officer.

He ran for the Liberals in the Timiskaming-Cochrane riding and is a former Russell Township municipal councillor.

According to a Liberal website, In 1997, he was elected as a School Board Trustee for the Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l’Est ontarien, becoming the youngest elected school board trustee in Canada at the age of 18 years old.

Goyer served two terms as municipal councillor for the Township of Russell from 2000-2006.
Goyer also served as a legislative assistant for Liberal Senator the Hon. Jean-Robert Gauthier, a strong advocate for Ontario’s French speaking minority and French education in Ontario.

Goyer also worked, as a public servant with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as a Communication Advisor.

He returned to the municipal world as CAO/Clerk for the Municipality of French River after spending two years in the Northwest Territories where he became CAO and gained valuable experience in dealing and understanding First Nations

Police say the alleged incidents have been going on since April.

Former liberal candidate charged with sexual assault

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I always have a problem whenever I see the Police putting a person on Trial in the public and making like he is guilty because they arrested him.

This guy could be perfectly innocent but because of this Police Public trial, his reputation is now in the dumps. His name and pic is everywhere, just how just are we anyways??

(Mind you he is a Lib so he is probably quilty anyways lol)

I think the system has to change so that everyone has a Trial by Judge or Jury but not a public trial by the Police.