Ferguson grand jury makes decision; announcement tonight

B00Mer
Ferguson grand jury makes decision; announcement tonight

A St. Louis County grand jury reached a decision Monday on whether to indict Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson, whose fatal shooting of an unarmed black teen in August touched off weeks of sometimes violent protests.

Plans were in place for an evening announcement of the long-awaited decision on whether Wilson will face charges in the death of teenager Michael Brown.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon and Public Safety Director Dan Isom planned a news at 6:30 p.m. ET on preparations in advance of the grand jury announcement, now expected around 9 p.m. ET, the governor's office said. They will be joined by St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley and St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay.

Anthony Gray, a lawyer for the Brown family, said they were informed the announcement by the county prosecutor, Robert McCulloch, was imminent.

The grand jury has been meeting in another St. Louis suburb, Clayton, Mo.

Police have said Brown struggled with Wilson inside his police car, then reached for Wilson's weapon. Brown's family and some witnesses say Wilson killed Brown as he raised his hands in surrender.

The death of Brown, 18, touched off weeks of protests, and the decision by the grand jury on whether to bring charges prompted extraordinary precautions by law enforcement and the community.

Some Ferguson schools were closed, a police command center was in place and barriers had been set up to help control protests in downtown Ferguson, a predominantly black suburb, and near the courthouse in Clayton. McCulloch met with St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar on Monday afternoon.

At the courthouse in Clayton, a St. Louis County police officer said officers carried in two metal benches from outside the building out of concern people might throw them at the building.

Police officials and protest organizers have collaborated on rules of engagement -- that is, rules for conduct when protesters meet police again on the streets. Gov. Jay Nixon has declared a state of emergency and activated the state's National Guard. The governor was reported en route to the area.

source: Ferguson grand jury makes decision; announcement tonight (external - login to view)

They will announce tonight after everyone gets home.. work traffic and school children.

They let School out early, all programs cancelled..

LOL No trial.. Justice has been done.

John Boehner on Ferguson: Deport them all to Africa!!

Kreskin
+7
#2  Top Rated Post
CNN has been hyping this all day with an "announcement any moment" promotion. The streets would be empty if not for all the hype. Get your popcorn and guns ready.

EagleSmack
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

CNN has been hyping this all day with an "announcement any moment" promotion. The streets would be empty if not for all the hype. Get your popcorn and guns ready.

You've got that right.

MSM would be very upset if the people in Ferguson didn't get out there and get themselves hurt.

Locutus
+2
Since Darren Wilson has not surrendered himself (they know where he is), there is NO indictment.

everyone go back to your homes, if you have them.

B00Mer

Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Yeah FoxNews too... "you'll know in just a minute"

9:00PM Eastern is when they will say what the Grand Jury decided.. I'm placing bets 10/1 no trial. Only takes 4 individuals to say no and there is no trial.

mentalfloss
Wait.

So he wasn't charged already?

Colpy
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Wait.

No.....please read the fifth amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

Oh here:

Quote:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Wait.

Brilliant.

So Chicago, Ferguson, Detroit, Los Angeles police forces all on high alert.. Already protests in Chicago and Ferguson have started..

They are thinking that many US cities are going to erupt into violence.

Grand Jury has decided NO TRIAL!!!

No indictment in Ferguson case (external - login to view)

Kreskin
+3
Get the Orville Redenbacher's fired up!

B00Mer
+1
Big Cities Brace for Protests, Riots After Ferguson Grand Jury Decision (external - login to view)

WOW!! Cities such as Los Angeles, Phoenix, Chicago, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Boston prepare for riots!!

RACE WAR!!!!

Boston, hey Eagle??

Serryah
So no trial.

How can anyone be surprised by now?

Kreskin
+1
Eagle, get out there and kick some ***!

gopher
+1
CNN Live Event -- Streaming Now (external - login to view)

Live picture from Ferguson - my video doesn't have audio so I'm assuming that there isn't any for everyone else.

Like I wrote before, tragedies like this will happen again and again until people learn to exercise their 2d Amendment rights which are intended to protect everyone against government abuses.

B00Mer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

So no trial.

How can anyone be surprised by now?

There should be no trial.. it was a justified kill.

Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Like I wrote before, tragedies like this will happen again and again until people learn to exercise their 2d Amendment rights which are intended to protect everyone against government abuses.

Please keep this post for Posterity.. gopher's pro-gun stance..

darkbeaver
Civil unrest, Mexico two we're next, the three amigos, eye ya corumba

gopher
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

There should be no trial.. it was a justified kill.

Please keep this post for Posterity.. gopher's pro-gun stance..

You need to keep up my friend - nobody here has been more pro 2d Amendment than I have been. Click on search and you will see.

B00Mer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Civil unrest, Mexico two we're next, the three amigos, eye ya corumba

Why?? Somebody going to lose a Hockey game??

Colpy
+1

You need to keep up my friend - nobody here has been more pro 2d Amendment than I have been. Click on search and you will see.

This is true.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

This is true.

Maybe I'm confusing Gopher and Goober ??

Police: Woman Saying She's 'Ready For Ferguson' Shoots, Kills Self By Accident (external - login to view)

WLDB
+2
Well the aftermath should be interesting.

Shooting cops doesnt tend to end well. Even when the cops are wrong.

Locutus
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Well the aftermath should be interesting.

Shooting cops doesnt tend to end well. Even when the cops are wrong.

hopefully just the professional agitators, out-of-towners and erstwhile losers will be the only ones feeling the hot kiss of the tazer.

everyone else who actually listened to Bob McCulloch for nearly 30 minutes should understand the difference between the facts and the bullsh!ttery that has been spawned by MSM and social media trolls and citizen ne'er-do-wells.

gopher
+1

Maybe I'm confusing Gopher and Goober ??

Police: Woman Saying She's 'Ready For Ferguson' Shoots, Kills Self By Accident (external - login to view)

mebbe so - after all I've only posted this toon (one of my all time fave political toons) several times on this forum:

This is what our Founding Fathers did to protect themselves against government abuse and they specifically created the 2d Amendment to insure that they would always have that right.

/

darkbeaver

Why?? Somebody going to lose a Hockey game??

You love this continent don't you? Don't you want enhance our bilateral whatever?

Nuggler
+2

That's funny !

B00Mer
Riots has started.. somebody shooting at police department.. LOL

Locutus
+2
can't wait to hear what barry thinks he has to say.

B00Mer
+3
Every cop in the USA and Canada need to wear body cameras..

Call it the Michael Brown's law, or whatever.

Sal
lucky buddy reporter out there is black that's for sure....here we go....

WLDB
Well looks like someone is going to be tried after tonight, just not for this.

gopher
+2
Quote:

Boomer,

Every cop in the USA and Canada need to wear body cameras..

In recent public rally in Minneapolis every person who was out on a protest was instructed to wear cameras in order to stop the cops. 132 cameras were distributed. No trouble started when the cops learned they were being watched.