Another "Djiekanski" case?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just heard on the news they are having an independent inquiry! The burning question is how independent?:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A 51-year-old man shot by Vancouver police has died of his injuries, officials said late Saturday.
Police responded to a call about a distraught man standing in the intersection of East 41st Avenue and Knight Street with a wooden board and shouting loudly at around 5 p.m. PT, police said.

When officers arrived at the scene, the man refused to comply. Police used non-lethal bean bag rounds in an attempt to subdue the man, but he was eventually shot.
The man was taken to hospital, where he later died of his injuries.
No officers were injured during the incident.
The IIO is investigating, police said.
so how does it go from bean bag rounds to bullets...jesus

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
i wonder how long it would take if someone did dart a person with a mild tranq

Not long. I've seen it with animals. No idea how clothing would affect entry. I think saver than tazzer. Certainly it can be done at a greater distance which would reduce the risk to the cop.
Tonningto might have a better idea on how well it would work.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Not long. I've seen it with animals. No idea how clothing would affect entry. I think saver than tazzer. Certainly it can be done at a greater distance which would reduce the risk to the cop.

I know it would be controversial perhaps because we would be drugging someone (instead of killing them and people might miss the logic) but REALLY, I think your idea is BRILLIANT

Really!! Nobody thought of a dose of pepper spray? Before we can reduce crime maybe we have to reduce the # of cops!:)
more training, I don't know what's going on but suddenly pen knives and boards are seen as deadly weapons...but in Parliament a 58 year old man can take down a terrorist without a flak jacket on

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Society has allowed this to happen
people join the police forces looking for an excuse to prove they're a hero
and the system back them up, allowing them to kill rather than use common sense .

Noncompliance is now a death sentence.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I've heard that some sedatives don't work on people over a certain age, or on people with certain conditions (ADD, ADHD, Autism) The dosage effect can be amplified by other drugs the person may already be on.

They need a mental health professional on the police teams.

Really!! Nobody thought of a dose of pepper spray? Before we can reduce crime maybe we have to reduce the # of cops!:)

Pepper spray doesn't work on certain people who are angry. They respond as if you've sprayed them with a gentle mist of water.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Society has allowed this to happen
people join the police forces looking for an excuse to prove they're a hero
and the system back them up, allowing them to kill rather than use common sense .

Noncompliance is now a death sentence.

A long time ago I read Furher-Ex about a former neo nazi (who'd started the neo nazi movement in Germany in the 80's) People who joined this group of hate would often enlist in the services so they could go to places to kill and torture people.

Just like pedophiles will seek out positions of authority in places children are, a person with an over inflated sense of self importance and feel the need to have authority over certain people would likely choose such a profession.

I'd think it would be hard to weed them out since they're not mentally challenged, they hold a different belief system that is easily hidden. Psychopaths do it every day.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I was just looking at the feedback on the C.B.C. site- People are NOT taking this too well. Are we in for another 7 years of lies and bullsh*t?

Hey it's a busy intersection he was holding up traffic.

Yeah, you sure as f**k wouldn't want to be jay walking!:)