Man poked girlfriend in eye after getting waffles instead of pancakes for his birthda

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I HAD to post this here. HAD to.

Nothing To Do With Arbroath: Man poked girlfriend in eye after getting waffles instead of pancakes for his birthday breakfast

A man from Gainesville, Florida, was arrested on Sunday morning after police say he poked his girlfriend in the eye over not getting his birthday breakfast request.

James E. Irving Jr., 44, got into a fight with his live-in girlfriend over his birthday present and preferred celebratory breakfast, according to Gainesville Police Department.

Irving wanted pancakes and instead got waffles. To express his disdain, Irving poked his girlfriend in the eye, which prompted a call to the Police Department.

Irving was handcuffed and taken to the Alachua County jail on a misdemeanor battery charge.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
OMG, of all the stupid and asinine things to get in a freaking fight over. Some people just completely waste the life they're given don't they?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
OMG, of all the stupid and asinine things to get in a freaking fight over. Some people just completely waste the life they're given don't they?

Totally. It's not like he ordered Maple Syrup and got table syrup or blueberry syrup instead. Jeebus.

He's should have to make his girlfriend sandwhiches now...what with her eye injury and all.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Totally. It's not like he ordered Maple Syrup and got table syrup or blueberry syrup instead. Jeebus.

He's should have to make his girlfriend sandwhiches now...what with her eye injury and all.

Or she can develop some pride in herself, dump his sorry a*ss, and make waffles for someone who knows how to appreciate a kind gesture.

You mean ex-girlfriend I assume?

Exactly. Although, and I hate to say this because it's such a stereotype, but what amount would you like to bet she ends up with the same type of guy the next time around?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I so get it...waffles I mean really...man I am a pancake girl...you go guy...

poke, poke, poke

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Or she can develop some pride in herself, dump his sorry a*ss, and make waffles for someone who knows how to appreciate a kind gesture.

or pancakes even. That'd get back at him. She could start a pancake food truck. If a restaurant can make a living out of making pancakes surely she can do it with a food truck.

I so get it...waffles I mean really...man I am a pancake girl...you go guy...

poke, poke, poke

yeah, well hopefully he's poking alone now. lol

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
or pancakes even. That'd get back at him. She could start a pancake food truck. If a restaurant can make a living out of making pancakes surely she can do it with a food truck.

yeah, well hopefully he's poking alone now. lol
are my pancakes arriving soon, just wondering and all

those things are poison but if you are gonna eat pure sh*t man ya have to get it right

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Cappy, where are ya....the waffle king is missin' out

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
are my pancakes arriving soon, just wondering and all

those things are poison but if you are gonna eat pure sh*t man ya have to get it right

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Cappy, where are ya....the waffle king is missin' out

You should see some of the food trucks here in Vancouver. They're gourmet and award winning. There are 2 who have managed to collect such a following as to open up a store front. It's not like it use to be. They actually have food cart festivals and compete for the best places.

Check out this website with the list of trucks in Vancouver
http://streetfoodapp.com/vancouver

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You should see some of the food trucks here in Vancouver. They're gourmet and award winning. There are 2 who have managed to collect such a following as to open up a store front. It's not like it use to be. They actually have food cart festivals and compete for the best places.

Check out this website with the list of trucks in Vancouver
Street Food Vancouver: Food truck directory and today's schedules
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa they advertise what street they will be on and the time...that is totally awesome...some of them look amazing, foodie heaven...I've seen some tv shows about food trucks...I gotta say sometimes you just have to say yes to the dress and go for the 40 grams of fat meal piled high with delicious treats ...it's just worth every single bite.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
What did he poke her with..............?

The fork.