Cheap Gas

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We are still being ripped off on most of the island. funny hoe where ever COSTCO has a gas bar the price is much lower than towns where COSTCO doesn't have a gas bar.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
First income splitting and now, cheap gas. Only the Harper Conservatives could pull that off.

Now, if only he can do something about making smokes and booze cheaper

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
First income splitting and now, cheap gas. Only the Harper Conservatives could pull that off.

Now, if only he can do something about makes smokes and booze cheaper

Do the same as for gas:subsidize them with tax breaks only those industries can claim.

I earned a reddy.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Bought gas today at 98.5. Thank-you, Mr. Harper.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not that I'm a big fan of it, but how do you think it's flawed?
The 10x10x10 thing is good, as is the clear relationship between distance, volume, and weight (based on water), but the base measurements are not. The base measurement of any system should be common and easily perceptible to the unaided senses (which is why water is a good tie-in between volume and weight). The gram is too light. Fair chance that if you closed your eyes and somebody put a one-gram weight in one of your hands, you couldn't tell which. The pound is a better weight standard. Not too heavy to lift, but easily perceptible. Same with the meter. It's too long. Something between 10 and 30 cm should be the base measure. Again, common and easily perceptible. And Napoleon shoulda held out for metric time, too. What use is it to have a nice, regular, 10x10x10 system, then a screwball 60x60x24x7x12(ish) time system?