Comet scientist offers tearful apology after the Internet is offended by his shirt

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
you whiners made this dude cry.

One of the scientists responsible for successfully landing the Rossetta probe on a comet millions of miles away on Friday responded to outrage directed at a shirt he wore earlier this week during the televised landing.

“I made a big mistake and I offended many people and I am very sorry about this,” the scientist, Dr. Matt Taylor, said during a press briefing, choking back tears and struggling to speak.

As news of the probe’s successful landing shot around the world, so did outrage directed at Taylor’s shirt, which featured images of provocatively dressed women with guns.

"No no women are toooootally welcome in our community, just ask the dude in this shirt," The Atlantic’s Rose Eveleth complained in a tweet.

*headdesk*

Comet scientist offers tearful apology after the Internet is offended by his shirt | WashingtonExaminer.com

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
O for crying out loud. I remember seeing someone working at a restaurant once wearing a really sexist t-shirt. Instead of making a big fuss about it, I just called a waitress over and told her discretely that she might want to suggest to that male staff member that he change his shirt before someone else less forging than I see it.

But oh no, it's a lot more fun to see if we can break the guy. Is that not what happened to Sheila Copps. The barrage of assaults came because she dared defend Ghomeshi until she broke and had to expose her past of assault? Whether one agreed with her or not, fer crying out loud it seems that seeing how much it takes to break someone has become our new sport.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
He was an easy target.

"A man on TV had a shirt that offended me! How can I be a scientist after that? You ruined my life!"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Oh God! That shirt is the equivalent of those white vans that guys paint fantasy chicks on and think it makes them more attractive to women. Lol.

Someone post me a face palm? I'm still on my iPad.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
you can have stars in your hair, provocative tattoos and provocative clothing. nasa is a cool place to work. :) :cool: ;)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Oh God! That shirt is the equivalent of those white vans that guys paint fantasy chicks on and think it makes them more attractive to women. Lol.

Someone post me a face palm? I'm still on my iPad.

3 are hardly enough but no facepalm is complete without Picard