Illegal cigarettes? Blame government

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Illegal cigarettes? Blame government

An ongoing advertising campaign to stop people from buying illegal cigarettes puts all of the blame on the buyer and none on the one entity that could actually do something about it — the government.

The Crime Stoppers Toronto radio ad says, “You may think that buying contraband tobacco doesn’t really hurt anyone. But I bet you didn’t know that illegal cigarettes are distributed by a drug dealer network, or that illegal cigarettes finance organized crime. Or that illegal cigarettes make you an accomplice when you buy them.”

In the background there is the sound of a motorcycle suggesting, I suppose, that biker gangs are a part of the illegal activity you are financing.

But why do otherwise law-abiding people go to the black market for their smokes? Easy. Price.

The Sun

Well D'uh, god bless the addicted bastards, lol.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So if they are illegal why is the government not stopping production and distribution. Could it be the government's only real concern is it is not getting a commish on the sale?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
So enforce the laws or become more competitive with the illegal cigarette trade. As a non-smoker I'm kind of indifferent to it. Well, unless they do something to amuse me.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
ejuice is being supplied by big tobacco. It will simply put cigarettes on the endangered species list.

All the ejuice the wife has bought is from little companies.

It can even be mixed at home.

4L jug of 18mg nicotine with straight veg glyceyine s $450. 30ml ejuice sells for $8.50 for 10ml.

Guess who will be doing her own?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
All the ejuice the wife has bought is from little companies.

It can even be mixed at home.

4L jug of 18mg nicotine with straight veg glyceyine s $450. 30ml ejuice sells for $8.50 for 10ml.

Guess who will be doing her own?
Big tobacco are the ones making the nic juice. At least according to Ont's premier evape spokesman.

Ya, I have a couple recipes for ejuice, and wejuice.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Good luck, to many hands, to many pockets, to may mouths nibbling at the pie...

Remember the 50cal round put through the Cornwall mayors house?

Ya, that's what happens when you bite the hand that feeds.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Big tobacco are the ones making the nic juice. At least according to Ont's premier evape spokesman.

Ya, I have a couple recipes for ejuice, and wejuice.

Synthetic nicotine can be bought from several chem suppliers. It's the base for insecticides. First I've heard of big tobacco being involved.

Honey oil mixed at 50/50 with veg glycerine is wicked.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Synthetic nicotine can be bought from several chem suppliers. It's the base for insecticides. First I've heard of big tobacco being involved.
Sometimes even the big guys don't miss the writing on the wall.

Soon it will be taxed like smokes and ridiculously expensive too.

Honey oil mixed at 50/50 with veg glycerine is wicked.

Hard on the coils though. Best recipe so far is, steeping finely ground cronic in glys, at low temp for 24hrs. When it burns it doesn't smell like weed, but gets you high as f*ck!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sometimes even the big guys don't miss the writing on the wall.

Soon it will be taxed like smokes and ridiculously expensive too.

Hard on the coils though. Best recipe so far is, steeping finely ground cronic in glys, at low temp for 24hrs. When it burns it doesn't smell like weed, but gets you high as f*ck!

4 days in a slow cooker. Use a heavier 2.2ohm coil and variable voltage battery. If you need cheap Kanger coils I know where got get them for $4.40 a box.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
What happened to that elusive concept of personal responsibility that conservatives like to trot around?

Guess it only applies to the issues they want it to.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What happened to that elusive concept of personal responsibility that conservatives like to trot around?

Guess it only applies to the issues they want it to.

It's Liberals who think they are entitled to bootleg smokes who are buying them. Cons can afford to buy legal.