'I have nothing left': 93-year-old vet robbed, war documents stolen Read more: http:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
'I have nothing left': 93-year-old vet robbed, war documents stolen

A 93-year-old veteran of the Second World War says all of his personal documents, including irreplaceable papers from the war, were stolen in a robbery at his home in southwestern Ontario.

Frank Taylor, of Guelph, Ont., says thieves broke into the safe at his home and stole his insurance, birth certificate, military discharge papers and a number of other items he kept as souvenirs from his time with the Canadian military.

"Everything I owned," Taylor told CTV Kitchener. "Everything to say who I was. I have nothing left now. They cleaned the whole works of it."

Taylor says he'd stepped out of his home for a few hours on Friday morning. When he came back, one of his doors was damaged, his house was a mess and his safe was empty. The edge of the safe door was bent and showing signs of forced entry.

Taylor says he had collectible coins, jewellery, war payment records and about $1,000 in cash inside the safe at the time of the robbery, along with all of his important personal documents.

"They meant everything to me. What else have I got?" he said.

Police are investigating the break-in and are asking anyone with information to come forward.

Acting Staff Sgt. Tim Griffiths says it's unclear whether Taylor was targeted because he is a war veteran.

"We don't have any information that it might be something related to Remembrance Day," Griffiths said. "It just makes it that much worse that it was a veteran that was picked on."

Read more: 'I have nothing left': 93-year-old vet robbed, war documents stolen | CTV News

Now what was that about heroes?

I would love to get my hands on those pricks that stole his belongings...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The govt. will probably cancel all his pensions now, since he can`t prove who he is.
shhhhhh

regardless of how ridiculous, one can never trust a government to rise above it

it wouldn't be the first or the last time

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
My father lived to 96 and I remember the day he told me someone had stolen his medal
the North African Star I believe. Yes he had lots of others but that was his favorite.
The other thing he told me was all this hero crap was people looking to others exploits
to fill in their own last of participation in the country. He served in England during the Blitz
North Africa, Sicely Italy at Artona and up through Southern France, Holland and Belgium
before they ended up in Germany. He said the hero's were the ones who didn't make it
the rest of us he said were just doing their job.
I agree we need to remember and pay our respects and I view them all as hero's but a
lot saw it the he did.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Bunch of useless douchebags. Freaking thieves need to have their fingers smashed with hammers, maybe then they wouldn't steal from other people after that (more often than not to feed their drug habit).