Another Deutsche Banker And Former SEC Enforcement Attorney Commits Suicide

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Don't you wonder what they knew that we don't know ?

anyway...

Back on January 26, a 58-year-old former senior executive at German investment bank behemoth Deutsche Bank, William Broeksmit, was found dead after hanging himself at his London home, and with that, set off an unprecedented series of banker suicides throughout the year which included former Fed officials and numerous JPMorgan traders.

Following a brief late summer spell in which there was little if any news of bankers taking their lives, as reported previously, the banker suicides returned with a bang when none other than the hedge fund partner of infamous former IMF head Dominique Strauss-Khan, Thierry Leyne, a French-Israeli entrepreneur, was found dead after jumping off the 23rd floor of one of the Yoo towers, a prestigious residential complex in Tel Aviv.

Just a few brief hours later the WSJ reported that yet another Deutsche Bank veteran has committed suicide, and not just anyone but the bank's associate general counsel, 41 year old Calogero "Charlie" Gambino, who was found on the morning of Oct. 20, having also hung himself by the neck from a stairway banister, which according to the New York Police Department was the cause of death. We assume that any relationship to the famous Italian family carrying that last name is purely accidental.

Here is his bio from a recent conference which he attended:

Charlie J. Gambino is a Managing Director and Associate General Counsel in the Regulatory, Litigation and Internal Investigation group for Deutsche Bank in the Americas. Mr. Gambino served as a staff attorney in the United Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement from 1997 to 1999. He also was associated with the law firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher & Flom from 1999 to 2003. He is a frequent speaker at securities law conferences. Mr. Gambino is a member of the American Bar Association and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.

more

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...orcement-attorney-found-dead-apparent-suicide

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Isn't there a line that says 'disappointment' is defined as a bus load of bankers going off a cliff with two seats empty. Over the last years there have been more than a dozen do the suicide thing while showing no previous signs of depression. I'm thinking it would be ones that are willing to spill the beans rather than it being a few who don't want to.
I'm also thinking that all of them had a flash that said they made the wrong career choice.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
They know they are going broke or that they are soon going to jail. Seems like the only reasons someone in their position would do it. Well if its job related at all.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
yes the other possibility is that it is not job related...however it does seem bizarre

check out the stats...they are interesting with physicians and dentists and vets near the top...I checked a few sites and financial is there on a few

Highest Suicide Rate by Profession | New Health Guide

The 19 Jobs Where You're Most Likely To Kill Yourself - Business Insider

Stressful, High-Skill and High-Stakes: Jobs with High Suicide Rates

I would have thought suicide bombers would be close to the top.:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I would have thought suicide bombers would be close to the top.:)

well correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we consider it a career :lol:

if it is a career life expectation is the shortest in history other than kamikaze

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A good portion of them have easy access to suicide methods right at work which probably adds to it. Scientists, pharmacists, cops, electricians. Would be quite easy for them at work or with things they have access to at work.

yes....friend of a friend (cop) off on leave walked into work, opened his locker and blew his head off...he knew precisely what to do how to do it and had opportunity

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
In the wake of the financial meltdown much has been learned about the many nefarious practices of major banks around the world. This information has led to the criminal prosecution and subsequent conviction of a small handful of those involved - a good portion of them simply 'foot soldiers'.

I do wonder what these bankers knew beyond what has already been revealed, that led them to take their lives.